Shastasurf

One piece fresh air and straight pipes

Nice job.  Simple. Clean. Looks stock... my favorite type of project.

Where did you get the rubber 90's?

An abandoned project boat.

Gotcha.  

Those are on the expensive side at $89 a piece from Bakes.

Ouch, I feel bad now.  My buddy wanted 20$ each and I only gave him 15$ a piece lol.

Have you had a chance to try her out?  How does it sound with the deleted muffler?  I'm thinking about doing the same when I add an FAE.  Hope to gain a little room for impeller changes.  

I tried it out and it's quiet as ever!  Even on fake a lake it's quieter.  I need some better hose clamps for my riser side but all good! I do however have some spray coming up several feet between swimstep and transom.  I'm gonna build some shields and try to eliminate.

What is your definition of "quiet as ever" does the definition include "quieter than with the silent rider muffler"?

Super quiet, the Quietest it's been yet, quieter than silent rider.   Never quieter, quiet as can be, unless I did some sound deadening. 

2 people like this

On 4/12/2017 at 11:45 AM, Shastasurf said:

Super quiet, the Quietest it's been yet, quieter than silent rider.   Never quieter, quiet as can be, unless I did some sound deadening. 

That's pretty descriptive.   :)

Is is quieter than when it is off???

1 person likes this

Not that quiet, lol

1 person likes this

I also deleted my muffler...my buddy and I couldn't notice a difference but only had a short test run after de-winterization.

Posted (edited)

On 4/19/2017 at 2:34 PM, formulaben said:

I also deleted my muffler...my buddy and I couldn't notice a difference but only had a short test run after de-winterization.

Did u add fae at same time? I did them both so it could just be fae, but it seems quieter on fake a lake too.   The fiberglass muffler must have just been for looks to satisfy an authority.  

Edited by Shastasurf

Posted (edited)

I already had the FAE that I installed a couple years ago.  If I had known then what I know now, I would have deleted the muffler during or immediately after that install.  It opens up a lot of space and certainly makes impeller changes easier.

Edited by formulaben

My hose clamps are old and stretched out though, what's the best hose clamp?

I was able to reuse my old ones but if I were going to replace them I'd use Breeze Liner clamps, as they don't expose the hose to the threads and seem a little beefier.  As for the FAE, I upgraded the ones supplied with the FAE kit to stainless T-bolt clamps like these so I could REALLY tighten them up.

Posted (edited)

My fae has zero clamps but exhaust riser to 3 1/2" hose always drips and i want a bomber clamp for that.  I'll try the t-bolt style?

Edited by Shastasurf
1 person likes this