Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Looking for 2016 Owner to Test Product

skicrave

We have a new kit to add AutoVent functionality that is optional on 2017 models to the 2016 boats, but I would like to get a set in the hands of someone with a 2016 that his currently using their boat to ensure the installation and functionality work as expected. Please contact me if you are interested in adding this functionality to your factory Plug-and-Play system.

Thanks,

Jason

Sure, I could be test mule.   PM or does this suffice?  How hard is the install - that may be the real question as I already have several projects I want to wrap up before the season really gets started here (including a plumbed in bow bag that I grabbed during your black friday sales :))

Thanks guys, do me a favor and either email us ([email protected]) or send me a PM with your address and I will get some kits out to you guys. Install is quick, loosen the hose clamp on the factory vent thru-hull, remove the stock hose, install our adapter, reconnect the factory hose to the open fitting on our adapter, and tighten the hose clamp. It takes us about 5 minutes, especially with the new hose that is used for the vent on '16+ boats.

• Like 3

I must have missed a memo since I didn't make it to the boat show this year. Anybody know where there is a picture or description of "Auto Vent" out there? My google/search skills aren't working very well right now.

This sounds suspiciously like something I rigged up and shared here on TMC last year:

I have it in my 2017 lsv, I believe Auto vent is just a vent line for overflow.  I have not even had a chance to install my bags yet, lockers have not even been opened.   I can take a quick peek tomorrow if you would like.

Yep, it's just a shared vent connection for the bags so that they have a vent/overflow. We've all shared feedback with Malibu that this should have been a part of the Plug-and-Play system for a long time, they just finally made it an option.

On 3/15/2017 at 4:01 PM, skicrave said:

We have a new kit to add AutoVent functionality that is optional on 2017 models to the 2016 boats, but I would like to get a set in the hands of someone with a 2016 that his currently using their boat to ensure the installation and functionality work as expected. Please contact me if you are interested in adding this functionality to your factory Plug-and-Play system.

Thanks,

Jason

You looking for axis as well or just Malibu?  

On 3/25/2017 at 6:22 AM, Quimbola said:

Would the adapter work on a 2017 Axis?

Yes, will work on an Axis or Malibu (without AutoVent).

On 3/28/2017 at 8:52 PM, Dskog said:

Just got my new 23lsv and will be buying some WM bags in the near future so I'd be more than willing to try a new vent system 

Let me know when you're ready to place your order and I'll send you the AutoVent upgrade to test.

6 hours ago, powderski14 said:

You looking for axis as well or just Malibu?  

Sure. If you have our bags in the boat shoot me a PM with your address. Thanks!

And with that I think we have enough people to test this upgrade out. Thanks for everyone's interest. 

We have tested this adapter thoroughly on our boats, so we're comfortable with how it functions. You can purchase it now by giving us a call. Otherwise it will be up on the 2016+ Ballast Upgrade in the next week or so.

Remember, you only need it if you did not purchase the AutoVent option when your boat was built.

Got mine installed today!  Still need a water test but I don't see why they won't work.  

Pretty straightforward install.  No instructions in the kit, which would have been nice but obviously not necessary.  On the port side, a little extra length of hose where you connect to the factory through hull would have been nice as the fuel filler and other ports were a tight fit.  I would have rather gone above the fuel hose to keep the vents higher and out of the way,  but then the clamp rubbed on the fuel line and I didn't like that.  That being said, the toughest part of the install was getting the cheap factory vent line off the through hull and back on the wake makers kit.   

Silly question - but once in the water do I just wait for the drain line to spit when filling now and that will signal PNP is full?

If you are running fly high sacks, you need the adapter at the  bag fitting.   

@skicravelet me know if there is any specific feedback you are looking for.  Thanks again!  It will be so nice not opening lockers and burping the bags!

E3BC046C-65CC-4995-8353-F1F61FF7CA8F_zps

75B6C0EC-F278-4BA8-A7CE-A2CA7AFB2F4D_zps

5E2B4A2E-1C05-4B45-82D5-05E955F91016_zps8E1CD6AF-8EC2-488B-888C-D3762DCCFA22_zps

5C9D2633-80E6-47F8-86E5-B00CE38707F8_zps

• 4 weeks later...

I got to test them out today.  They work as advertised.  I suppose our bags can never get completely full as I still had some air in the tip of the bags, with water spilling out the through hulls.  I attribute that to the top of the bag being higher than the bent on the hull.  

Filled to what looked to be full

AB9581E9-6B0F-4CF6-AF8B-2994E6875237_zps

Bag deflated some aftet I manually vented it. 

8CB0B896-F559-42E3-9012-799B27D50B52_zps

Water self draining

510B38F4-F180-4FB1-B65C-C481240981AE_zps

I still recommend opening lockers to make sure the vent lines are t being pinched as you fill.