Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2018 23 LSV

WakeSwagger

1 minute ago, Suggy said:

I don't want to know how much this boat is going for... 575 engine ($16k), G4 ($9k), $10k in paint upgrades, tricked out trailer ($6k?), Rev 10s, and every single other option... This has to be the most expensive 23LSV by far. Only can get more expensive by adding a second set of Rev 10s lol.

My guess is somewhere b/w $140k and $150k. 

ahopkins22LSV
7 minutes ago, Suggy said:

I don't want to know how much this boat is going for... 575 engine ($16k), G4 ($9k), $10k in paint upgrades, tricked out trailer ($6k?), Rev 10s, and every single other option... This has to be the most expensive 23LSV by far. Only can get more expensive by adding a second set of Rev 10s lol.

Custom gel color too lol. It's a sharp sharp boat. 

7 minutes ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

Custom gel color too lol. It's a sharp sharp boat. 

I know haha. Not only custom gel, custom metallic. That's like $1,600 per area, and normal metallic upgrade is $800ish. That was all included in my estimate of $10k gel coat upgrades lol

42 minutes ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

Any pics of video? I think this is the first mention of the wave...

I will ask my buddy if he got any (should of known pics or didn't happen) .  Went with him to compare M235 and 24MXZ and at the last minute decided to demo new 23.  Storm was coming in right as we got out on water so I was the only one that surfed it in not so good conditions.  I was really excited to surf the 24MXZ and came out blown away by the 23 wave.

Water Ski America has a video on their insta page of one of their guys riding it last week.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, dealjb said:

I will ask my buddy if he got any (should of known pics or didn't happen) .  Went with him to compare M235 and 24MXZ and at the last minute decided to demo new 23.  Storm was coming in right as we got out on water so I was the only one that surfed it in not so good conditions.  I was really excited to surf the 24MXZ and came out blown away by the 23 wave.

Water Ski America has a video on their insta page of one of their guys riding it last week.

Did you surf all three back to back? Or did the demo get called off due to storm?

59 minutes ago, dealjb said:

Bow sack or not?

24 minutes ago, Pnwrider said:

Did you surf all three back to back? Or did the demo get called off due to storm?

I was fortunate enough to surf them all three back to back............rough day right?:thumbup:

M235 - Stock ballast with plug n play three in boat.  Everyone has seen and heard reviews here.  The wave is Really Powerful.  For me it needs additional weight in the front (400-500) to lengthen and shape the wave to my preference.  It's awesome, like any just would like to tweak a little.

24MXZ - Stock ballast with plug n play three in boat.  Wave looks close to the M but does not measure in sheer power.  I can only imagine this thing gets really good when you load it up with bodies as it is designed for.  Love the boat, just would never have that many people in it. 

23LSV - Stock ballast with plug n play three in boat.  We were in such a hurry I did not confirm how much plug n play was.  Out of the box this wave was really good.  Water was getting pretty rough so tough to get the best visual on shape.  Feels like their is more push in the back 3/4 of the wave.  Had one of the three move to the bow (about 200lbs) and obviously the shape and the length improved.  Should mention I ride goofy but on the way back to the dock we switched over to regular side without a rider and the guys in boat said it looked equally as good with two of us sitting on port side and one in bow.

For you wakeboard guys we were able to get to wakeboard speed with no issues fully loaded..............410, not sure on prop.

This boat looks similar to the T23 from the rub rail down.  Really has me wondering how a 18 T23 with power wedge and similar weight will be?

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Stevo said:

@mikeo did you order these, or look into them some?

i am interested in them

Nope, not yet. I'm mid-tradeshow season with 1.5 more weeks of travel. I didn't want to order parts that would sit around for over a month before I even got to look at them. I'm thinking I'll go to a woodworking hardware store (Rockler) to look at hinge options for my project; the houseboat has some similar hinges with springs and/or gas struts too. I need to figure out what those are and if they'll work for my project.

Let me know if you end up getting the Tecla hinge. I don't think it's exactly what Malibu uses, but it's close.

• 3 weeks later...