Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Boat + New Location = Big Change for IXFE

IXFE

Beautiful boat. Good job going with the Tri Axle trailer. It just looks right under the 25. I've spent a lot of time around a 25 LSV as a friend of mine ordered one when they first came to market. You're family will really appreciate all of the room. There is a TON of room in them. When you take the time to dial that thing in like you did your 23's........ Look out. It's a beast. Congrats.

Congrats! I think the website over exaggerates the flake. I like the real thing better than the website pictures. Great trailer too!

I remember when I first bought a triple for my 23 LSV (overkill for that boat but looked cool).   Harder to turn in tight spots, but pulled like a dream.

That trailer is B.A.!  Definitely a beautiful gel scheme too.  Haha I was figuring you'd finally go with a base trailer given that you are gonna have a slip  boy was I wrong!

Does the darker upholstery have a TX ok? I always thought people said anything but the lightest gets too hot?

and in that vein, I'm assuming that there's a Bimini somewhere?

5 hours ago, shawndoggy said:

That trailer is B.A.!  Definitely a beautiful gel scheme too.  Haha I was figuring you'd finally go with a base trailer given that you are gonna have a slip  boy was I wrong!

Does the darker upholstery have a TX ok? I always thought people said anything but the lightest gets too hot?

and in that vein, I'm assuming that there's a Bimini somewhere?

I agonized over the trailer more than I did the colors.  The practical side of me said to just go cheap since I'll be on a lift this year.  That said, I do have a couple of LONG road trips planned and I'm SUPER nervous to tow the 25 behind my 1/2 ton Yukon Denali (short wheel base).  So that made me think the triple would be better.  Believe it or not, it's not that expensive an upgrade.  Then I started thinking about wheels... why on earth would I upgrade to 18's if the trailer is gonna spend most of its time sitting in a storage lot?  Again, I believe the wider tires of the 18's track better and the price of this upgrade was also surprisingly affordable (Malibu trailer upgrades seem much cheaper to me than Boatmate).  That said, the trailer was sent with the wrong 18's so I'm probably gonna swap them out.

As far as the upholstery, it's not that dark.  The only place where I took some risk was the on the "interior main" by selecting "graphite."  The rest of the interior is white and light graphite like I've always used.  Even when we were in Oregon we still put about 25 hours a year on the boat at Lake Shasta in 100+ degree heat.  It was never an issue.  I'm also banking on the idea that the new vinyl is cooler than the old stuff (that seemed to the case last year).  If not, sit on a towel.  :blush:

The boat has a surf bimini, they just hadn't added it yet when those pics were taken.  The boat isn't gonna be delivered until tomorrow so it wasn't totally ready.

Edit: if you don't like that one panel of "graphite" interior, you're gonna hate the Gatorstep I have coming.  

Another Edit: How come every boat I saw at the DFW Boat Expo was dark colors?  I'm certainly not alone with a boat like this down here.  The Phoenix show was the same.  

Edited by IXFE
  • Like 3

There is a point where color no longer matters, where even the white is too freaking hot to touch!  So go with the colors you like the best.   Deploy the Bimini early, and keep extra towels on board.  

I have been known to dunk a towel over the side and then lay it across the trunks so you can get to the swim platform without blistering your feet.  

You will have a blast with the 25,  and everyone is offering unlimited data now...so you should be able to have a scream free summer?

Edited by DarkSide
23 minutes ago, DarkSide said:

There is a point where color no longer matters, where even the white is too freaking hot to touch!  So go with the colors you like the best.   Deploy the Bimini early, and keep extra towels on board.  

I have been known to dunk a towel over the side and then lay it across the trunks so you can get to the swim platform without blistering your feet.  

You will have a blast with the 25,  and everyone is offering unlimited data now...so you should be able to have a scream free summer?

Thanks Joe. You're the perfect guy to consult on dark boat in hot weather. Good tips on the wet towels. 

Ironically, we just upgraded to unlimited data a few months ago. 

5 minutes ago, IXFE said:

Thanks Joe. You're the perfect guy to consult on dark boat in hot weather. Good tips on the wet towels. 

Ironically, we just upgraded to unlimited data a few months ago. 

One other tip,  keep your soulcraft in a sock when it's not in the water.   Do not just slide it into the bimini.   The southern sun UV will cause your board to yellow/ discolor.  

• Like 2
17 hours ago, IXFE said:

Boat is ready for pickup (sort of).  I haven't seen it yet as I've been in Cali all week (pics provided by a local spy... you know who you are!).  Probably going to take delivery on Saturday.  

I never did tell y'all what design I went with.  I'm sure you'll be shocked.  In my defense, I haven't done the IXFE scheme in two years.  That boat (pictured here) was my favorite.  So this year I applied that scheme to a 25 LSV, only I went :yahoo:CRAZY :yahoo:and made the "swoosh" red metal flake.  

04E51B89-F7C9-4983-86B2-7B4973D1F04F_zps

F922EA09-EF33-4B4D-867F-174AA195B1E4_zps

4D9F777B-17C6-4CFD-BCF9-B71C64BE2517_zps

BAD54023-4D89-4D91-AD20-A97E312E2677_zps

098E8F95-8CB9-4358-B643-2DF28D98B9E6_zps

462F473B-0EE7-4F46-B195-F338790DF94E_zps

Beautiful 25! That is the classic IXFE design...congratulations! Looking forward to seeing the Exile install transpire....

And maybe it's time to switch up your beverage to Coke Zero!:)

images_zps7uq1kpdq.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=c

• Like 3

Good lookin' whip Dave! You're in TX now so you have to go triple... it looks good, I don't mind those wheels they flow with the black on the boat but I'm sure the ones you have picked out will be better. The weather has been horrendous here, you left at the right time.. I-5 South is a parking lot, people are moving back to Cali..

Edited by skurfer
7 hours ago, isellacuras said:

Nooooooo!  Oregon drivers are the worst. 

+1 on that I thought FL was bad.  Spent 4 days spanning Oregon Eugene South and I can attest that it was the worst and most frustrating drive ever.  Let's go 50 in the left lane and never get out of the way.

15 hours ago, IXFE said:

That said, I do have a couple of LONG road trips planned and I'm SUPER nervous to tow the 25 behind my 1/2 ton Yukon Denali (short wheel base).

Any idea what the scale weight of that boat is loaded with gas and gear?  That does seem like a lot of boat for a Yukon.  

32 minutes ago, jjackkrash said:

Any idea what the scale weight of that boat is loaded with gas and gear?  That does seem like a lot of boat for a Yukon.  

Dry weight is 5600, so I'd say 7k loaded

8k tow capacity so the MPG will be low but on the upside, all those southern gas stations is gonna be like a trip to the zoo.

starving-mullet-man.jpg

Edited by Stevo
  • Like 2

You will know that 25 is behind that Yukon for sure. It won't like it but it should get it done. I've towed the 25 LSV w/ my 1 ton Diesel and it knew it was there for sure. It's a whole different story than the 23 LSV. More freeboard along with the extra length, larger trailer, 3rd axle. Makes for a lot of extra material and weight. They tow excellent on that tri-axle trailer though. You won't notice a substantial amount of tongue weight which will be nice with the Denali.

Edited by MaliWop