Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

I own 2 trailers and 1 boat. Which trailer should I keep?

CharlieBeaU

17 minutes ago, bamaboy said:

I just wanted to see the boat...LOL. I was the first owner@CharlieBeaU

I have very fond memories of that boat.  She's beautiful.  I'm glad she is well taken care of. :)

Can I see more pictures of her? :)

Well I guess the cat is completely out of the bag now. :whistle:

50 minutes ago, bamaboy said:

I just wanted to see the boat...LOL. I was the first owner@CharlieBeaU

I have very fond memories of that boat.  She's beautiful.  I'm glad she is well taken care of. :)

Can I see more pictures of her? :)

Of course. Glad to finally know for sure...I suspected but mostly just cyber-stalk TMC so didn't know for sure. I'll send you a PM. She is an amazing boat and the pride of the first 2 owners shows through. I'm just trying to carry that on.

15 minutes ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

FWIW to those saying keep the orange pin striping, the boat has red accents and a red tower. I agree with @CharlieBeaU to remove it, it would clash. And I agree with @shawndoggy to switch the wheels out.

And given that you also own an eagle and are recommending keeping the boatmate, I think we all see where this is going on the eagle...

• Like 1
ahopkins22LSV
1 minute ago, shawndoggy said:

And given that you also own an eagle and are recommending keeping the boatmate, I think we all see where this is going on the eagle...

Yep! Don't get my wrong it isn't like my Eagle is a complete POS it is a fairly nice trailer and we trailer a lot! The boatmate's are just nicer. Then the new Malibu trailers are even better IMO. I would take a bare bones Malibu trailer over either right now!

Edited by ahopkinsTXi

zactly.  the new malibu trailers are real nice.  eagle is OK.  Honestly it didn't give me any probs I just don't like that it didn't have good mounting points for ratcheting straps, that the bow stop is bolt on, and that goofy coupler which you have to back under perfectly to get on the ball.  All minor complaints really.  The eagle is definitely better than the sportboat (norcal manufacturer) that I had under my MB, or the quite tired extreme that I had under my vride (though it was in great shape by the time I sold it with new bearings all around, brakes on both axles, and new brake job).

Hyundai makes a decent car but given the choice I'd rather have a couple year old toyota instead.

But @CharlieBeaU if you get the star wars van, definitely keep the pinstripes and the wheels.

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

After taking a close look at both the Eagle and the Boatmate I've decided to sell the Boatmate. It does have some nicer features but a number of them are bolt-on so I'm going to do a few upgrades on the Eagle and call it good. Also, the bow roller on the Boatmate is significantly lower than the bow roller on the Eagle so that would need to be reworked which would lead to metal work, painting, etc. It seems like a lot of effort and cost that isn't equal to the "upgrade" I would get by moving from the Eagle to the Boatmate. Plus, the Eagle has worked flawlessly since new so why mess with it.

That brings me to my question: Do you guys have any advice on what a fair price for a 2010 Boatmate Trailer for a 23 LSV would be? The trailer is in very good condition. The previous owner never left Lake Coeur d'Alene so the only real miles on it are from my trip form Coeur d'Alene to Vancouver, WA, approx 400 miles. 2 Bunks have brand new carpet the other 4 bunks/carpet are in very good shape. The last time I used it with a boat on it (Oct 2015) everything worked.

Also, just to confirm, this trailer should work with 2008 - 2013 23 LSVs correct?

ahopkins22LSV

Trailers are like 3-4k depending on options I believe. So 1500? It may be a tough sell as the demand isn't going to be super high, so the best price might be whatever someone is willing to offer you.

4 hours ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

Trailers are like 3-4k depending on options I believe. So 1500? It may be a tough sell as the demand isn't going to be super high, so the best price might be whatever someone is willing to offer you.

Thanks! I appreciate the help. I'm going to throw it on Craigslist for $1699 OBO. I'll see if I get any interest there.

ahopkins22LSV
21 minutes ago, CharlieBeaU said:

Thanks! I appreciate the help. I'm going to throw it on Craigslist for $1699 OBO. I'll see if I get any interest there.

Hey I was just guessing at the price lol. Might want to see if other will chime in before listing it. Or list it high to see if you get any bites. 

Edited by ahopkinsTXi
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, CharlieBeaU said:

I ended up listing the trailer for $1800 and got the full asking price in 4 days. 

Nice!!!!...now you can use that $1800 to put some Stars Wars Graphics on your daily driver!!!!

Edited by RTS
  • Like 1
ahopkins22LSV
1 hour ago, CharlieBeaU said:

I ended up listing the trailer for $1800 and got the full asking price in 4 days. 

Very nice! Maybe I should have suggested more! Lol

• Like 2