Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sumo bags tearing

kx250frider617

Has anyone else had a problem with the sumo bag tearing at the fitting seam? 

This is the second time it's happens so far with my pnp system at the rear PNP drain fitting. I know it's caused by the short ballast lines in the rear. I've already re-routed the ballast fitting to be center with the bag and lengthened the lines. 

To me, it seams like sumo needs to put extra material or reinforcements at the fitting area. It's almost like the glue gave out and the fitting on the bag just slid out. 

Anyway, are the new sumo max bags, beefier at the seams? 

Id like to stay with the sumo bags just because of their one way valves and the ability to manually drain the bags with my extra pumps. 

I have the same short lines but my 1st replaced bag was necessary at the vent in front that was properly cut to length, I tried to put the plugs ftom bags between access box and line to reduce up pressure to kink and I wore a pin hole in short drain line, going to lengthen and fix this winter.   I may slowly be leaking from seams but haven't seen it.  wakemakers said that two seasons under the wrong binding conditions on those seams is cheating it pretty good.  If it's a big single or 200 over 2 seasons that's enough to ruin that seal cause of the incorrect bind from mal fitting length hoses

the new black bag seam does seem better but I bet I'm stressing it already with the still short lines.  Also I probabky caused drain seam tear with manhandling the bags in an effort to get all the water out at water or at driveway with wetvac 

Edited by granddaddy55