Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

vented loop question

The Hulk

dumb question on vented loops

i recently checked the VL and found the caps were closed tightly, wondering how they work i unscrewed the cap and the rubber part fell down under the engine never to be seen again. so i pulled the other off to check how it works and if tight it does not appear there is any venting going on?

so are you suppose to unscrew these slightly so air flow gets through them i would assume? when they are tight i just dont see how any air gets through them as it would seal correct? so they are suppose to be opened up a bit if i'm correct?

but is the cap on that thing suppose to be fully tight? doesnt seem like any air could come out or go in with the cap turned fully tight?

Edited by The Hulk