Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Skier's Pier Boat Storage

MALI-MONSTER

There have been various opinions of Skier's Pier voiced on these forums. Does anymore have experience with their winter indoor storage? It seems they rack store your boat and store your trailer outside. They are certainly the cheapest around, but I just want to be sure no one has any nightmare stories to tell. Thanks!

2 minutes ago, MALI-MONSTER said:

There have been various opinions of Skier's Pier voiced on these forums. Does anymore have experience with their winter indoor storage? It seems they rack store your boat and store your trailer outside. They are certainly the cheapest around, but I just want to be sure no one has any nightmare stories to tell. Thanks!

Really good friend stores his response and lsv there. And has for years. They have different options for storage as well. My boat was there on the top rack last year and no issues. 

1 hour ago, inlandlaker said:

What are they charging?

$525

1 hour ago, powderjay said:

it's storage... what could possibly go wrong?  Just make sure you see your boat on the rack and pop in mid winter to make sure it's still inside. 

Several things. My old storage place broke my trailer jack, immediately called me and replaced it with a Fulton II top of the line model. On the flip side I had a place leave my boat outside till early December and we got an 8 inch wet snow storm that caved in my cover and soaked the boat. I've also had issues of it take several trips/calls and more than a month to get my boat out of storage. 

I think skiers pier shrink wrapped my boat and left it outside all winter a few years ago because they didn't have the space.  long story but when I went to pick it up I just popped in and it was 4 or 5 boats deep outside.No easy way to get to it.  They said " we just pulled it out the other day" I really didn't buy that story and moved on.  The biggest problem was communication for me.  I'm sure you'll be just fine. Most have had good luck with them. 

7 hours ago, MALI-MONSTER said:

$525

Several things. My old storage place broke my trailer jack, immediately called me and replaced it with a Fulton II top of the line model. On the flip side I had a place leave my boat outside till early December and we got an 8 inch wet snow storm that caved in my cover and soaked the boat. I've also had issues of it take several trips/calls and more than a month to get my boat out of storage. 

Did you ask them for their indoor storage price? I know my friends boat is inside and never leaves the trailer. I think they have multiple storage options. 

$525 seems expensive. We pay $10 a foot for indoor storage (boat/trailer). The building is not climate controlled but works for us. It is a mom and pop (farmer that has built huge pole barns) type deal and not a dealer so that certainly helps on the price. 

20 minutes ago, BlknYlwT22 said:

$525 seems expensive. We pay $10 a foot for indoor storage (boat/trailer). The building is not climate controlled but works for us. It is a mom and pop (farmer that has built huge pole barns) type deal and not a dealer so that certainly helps on the price. 

Storage around here is a premium. Crazy amount of lakes and even crazier amount of boats. I'd say 525 for indoor storage is quite good. Although I haven't looked in a few years.

24 minutes ago, BlknYlwT22 said:

Seems cheap.  Local dealer charges $750 for cold indoor storage and $550 for shrink wrap and store outdoors.  My garage - still free ;)

Edited by oldjeep
6 minutes ago, BlknYlwT22 said:

Hahaha around here $10 per foot is the going winter storage rate too.  Per month.  

On 9/22/2016 at 5:02 PM, ahopkinsTXi said:

Storage around here is a premium. Crazy amount of lakes and even crazier amount of boats. I'd say 525 for indoor storage is quite good. Although I haven't looked in a few years.

The marina on Harsens Island quoted me $1200 for indoor heated, $750 cold indoor. I think SP is a steal!

I can't justify it. Gonna be putting the shrinkwrap from last year on again and storing it in the cottage driveway

Greetings!  I am a new Malibu owner and just joined the forum today.  I am having trouble with Skiers Pier and am looking to see if I am the only one and maybe some advice.  

• 3 weeks later...

Local place here is offering $10 per foot for the season.  Indoor cold storage will cost me a total of $250.  I think it is a good price to pay, considering I will be able to make my vehicle in the garage.

On 9/23/2016 at 9:35 AM, Michigan boarder said:

Mine is tucked away in a pole building at work.  A little bullet heater and lots of little projects will keep her and I in touch over the winter.

2016 Winter storage compressed.jpg

That's one good lookin trailer!

• Like 1
On 10/16/2016 at 9:39 AM, Donniles said:

I have had bad experiences with skiers pier. Way to much to list. I would strongly recommend elsewhere for service and storage.

On 9/27/2016 at 0:52 PM, TonyCCBus said:

Greetings!  I am a new Malibu owner and just joined the forum today.  I am having trouble with Skiers Pier and am looking to see if I am the only one and maybe some advice.  

Stay away from skiers pier. Way too much to list. Everything from lying, not being able to order the right parts, to just absolutely terrible customer service. Will definitely be looking for another dealer this winter. I'd be more than willing to list everything if you want. Had a nightmare 14 month ordeal with them that is still ongoing. 

Couple years ago, i made the drive across state to look at a boat Skiers Pier had for sale.  It was late march, so still storage time.  Talked to the guy on the phone multiple times and he assured me that the boat was well taken care of, and winterized and stored there.   Long story short, made the drive, got there, pulled shrink wrap off the boat, standing water/ice in the engine bay...   I was there a grand total of 17 minutes, turned around and left. Wasnt overly thrilled..   

Thanks to everyone who replied.  I wish I would have checked before.  My experience has been the same as described.  Drove 4 hours to see a boat that was supposed to be ready at 9 on Saturday.  It wasn't ready until 1.  It was supposed to be inspected, tested, and well taken care of by a local attorney.  Boat was a wreck.  Pieces falling off, huge gashes in the gel coat.  Top it off with the fact that the sales person that lied about all of the details above, didn't know how to drive or run the boat.  

I thought they redeemed themselves when the co-owner, stepped in and gave me a really good deal on a 04 Wakesetter.  Very excited as it was much more of a boat than I was planning on buying.  Have had it for 2 months and found a list of repairs needed.   The co-owner, has been non responsive.  

Unless I find any resolution, I will make it part of my mission to warn all of those in this part of the country to stay away.

UPDATE : Owner contacted me today.  Hoping for resolution:)

Edited by TonyCCBus
ahopkins22LSV

Were the repairs agreed upon before the purchase or a 3rd party warranty purchased? You bought a 12 almost 13 year old boat. If the answer is no to both questions then the dealer, anywhere in the country, isn't obligated to take care of them. 

Also calling people out by name? Come on man. Post a thread with the issues you have and I am 99% sure you will get quick, detailed answers on here. 

ahopkins22LSV
9 minutes ago, TonyCCBus said:

Thanks to everyone who replied.  I wish I would have checked before.  My experience has been the same as described.  Drove 4 hours to see a boat that was supposed to be ready at 9 on Saturday.  It wasn't ready until 1.  It was supposed to be inspected, tested, and well taken care of by a local attorney.  Boat was a wreck.  Pieces falling off, huge gashes in the gel coat.  Top it off with the fact that the sales person that lied about all of the details above, didn't know how to drive or run the boat. (Kyle was his name.)  

I thought they redeemed themselves when Sara Wolf, stepped in and gave me a really good deal on a 04 Wakesetter.  Very excited as it was much more of a boat than I was planning on buying.  Have had it for 2 months and found a list of repairs needed.   Sarah Wolf, co-owner, has been non responsive.  She has been stalling and not giving me any answers.

Unless I find any resolution, I will make it part of my mission to warn all of those in this part of the country to stay away.

Were the repairs agreed upon before the purchase or a 3rd party warranty purchased? You bought a 12 almost 13 year old boat. If the answer is no to both questions then the dealer, anywhere in the country, isn't obligated to take care of them. 

Also calling people out by name? Come on man. Post a thread with the issues you have and I am 99% sure you will get quick, detailed answers on here.