Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

All new 2017 Response

scotchipman

3 minutes ago, John I. said:

Very sleek look with no grab rails in the bow. Wonder what all the chrome/stainless fittings are above the rub rail, apart from what appear to be a pair of cleats.

Bimini attachment? And the roundish bump near the front Bimini clip likely the new style nav lights Malibu is using.

Edited by Dacon62
3 minutes ago, John I. said:

Very sleek look with no grab rails in the bow. Wonder what all the chrome/stainless fittings are above the rub rail, apart from what appear to be a pair of cleats.

Tower mount points?  Actual gunnel top looks very thin.  Not sure if they'll mount tower there or attach to the side.

1 hour ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

I'm not sure they actually cut down on the fiberglass. Looking at the picture from the rear and comparing it to my picture the water line to rub rail and about rub rail look quite similar. 

Have a close look at the transom, to me it looks like quite a significant difference in free board. 

Maybe it just an illusion in the pic. Looks much lower between the rub rail and water line then our TXi's.

I'm also a little supprised there calling it a TXi,  Coming out with a full  redesigned tug one would

think they would give it a new branding in the Response line up.

Edited by Dare2goBare
Just now, 85 Barefoot said:

Look at the very back of the orange boat. Clearly there are ski racks across the back. The dash is also amazing. That will have incredible sight lines.  

Was wondering about that piece of metal I saw in the pic. 

Cool that it has 2 different available instrument/dash types. Looks like more old school purist analogue on the plainer hard core orange boat and the high tech square instrument display on the more plush silver/blue boat. 

Love it!

5 minutes ago, 85 Barefoot said:

Look at the very back of the orange boat. Clearly there are ski racks across the back. The dash is also amazing. That will have incredible sight lines.  

There are two very clearly different boats pictured here.  One has an all touchscreen (it looks like) dash without a visible 5" ZO gauge.  The other has round gauges, no gunnel padding, etc.

On the sight lines thing, I don't get it.  Do people really have difficulty seeing in the course with a normal dashboard in place?  Maybe it's not an issue for me since I'm tall, but I've never once thought the dash on any boat I've driven has been an issue.

Two editions. Standard Edition and Open Edition. Both editions available closed bow or open bow. 

Std edition has the round gauges. Open edition has two touch screens, full integration. 

Anyone know where the photos were taken?  

Edited by SmoothWaterMan
ahopkins22LSV
12 hours ago, Dare2goBare said:

Have a close look at the transom, to me it looks like quite a significant difference in free board. 

Maybe it just an illusion in the pic. Looks much lower between the rub rail and water line then our TXi's.

I'm also a little supprised there calling it a TXi,  Coming out with a full  redesigned tug one would

think they would give it a new branding in the Response line up.

Yeah, it does swoop down a bit more since there is no rear trunk. But I don't think much more. Amount of glass between the platform and rub rail plus above the rub rail looks close to the same. Would be interesting to see them side by side.

• Like 1
ahopkins22LSV
8 hours ago, SmoothWaterMan said:

Two editions. Standard Edition and Open Edition. Both editions available closed bow or open bow. 

Std edition has the round gauges. Open edition has two touch screens, full integration. 

Anyone know where the photos were taken?  

They were taken at a tournament in Florida. Not sure which one.

Do you have any more info on the different options in the boat?

12 hours ago, UWSkier said:

There are two very clearly different boats pictured here.  One has an all touchscreen (it looks like) dash without a visible 5" ZO gauge.  The other has round gauges, no gunnel padding, etc.

On the sight lines thing, I don't get it.  Do people really have difficulty seeing in the course with a normal dashboard in place?  Maybe it's not an issue for me since I'm tall, but I've never once thought the dash on any boat I've driven has been an issue.

I'm with you on this UWskier, I don't see an issue with line of sight.  Granted, I'm tall as well, but the only thing hindering my line of sight is the windshield frame.  The dash doesn't hinder the sight of my 5'2" teenager when he's pulling me either.

I'll withhold judgment till the release and all details are given.  But I do like what I see albeit a tad futuristic for my taste....but that'll grow on me I'm sure.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, UWSkier said:

enb3znjbmm7l.jpg

lujkm71suhjt.jpg

yird8jklcrs8.jpg

9w8p10g9ysps.jpg

Cool looking redesign, but can't they make these boats a little more user friendly for passengers?  how many people can you really take out with you?  Would be cool see a little bit more length for some more space and seating availability and still produce a pro level slalom wake.

ahopkins22LSV
3 minutes ago, Fman said:

Cool looking redesign, but can't they make these boats a little more user friendly for passengers?  how many people can you really take out with you?  Would be cool see a little bit more length for some more space and seating availability and still produce a pro level slalom wake.

We take 5-6 out regularly. Five is more comfy then six but it's not terrible. Nothing compared to a vlx or bigger though.

13 minutes ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

We take 5-6 out regularly. Five is more comfy then six but it's not terrible. Nothing compared to a vlx or bigger though.

How do you sit in the back when someone is skiing and the rope is going side to side?  Are people ducking down under the rope as someone is cutting?  Do you make the people who don't pay for gas sit in the back? :lol:

Edited by Fman
ahopkins22LSV
28 minutes ago, Fman said:

How do you sit in the back when someone is skiing and the rope is going side to side?  Are people ducking down under the rope as someone is cutting?  Do you make the people who don't pay for gas sit in the back? :lol:

Haha yes we do. They have to lay on each other which is weird. Well only for them. But they bring gas next time. 

But in seriousness, we ski to 9-10 with 3-4 guys and then it's just hang out time with friends the rest of the day. We have a few islands and sandbars plus a bar on our lake so we mainly go tie up with friends for the afternoon or slow cruise. Friends have surf boats if we want to surf!

The 99 - 04 SunSeter was a good boat for haling people and skiing. you could get 5 adults and not effect the wake much.  More then four and the Rlxi wake is showing the weight.