Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

All new 2017 Response

scotchipman

Just now, Malibu Mike D1 said:

that's pretty cool to see the CB back, with the walkway.  But the lines are just odd IMO.  Weird nose, weird paint patterns.

Just now, UWSkier said:

that's pretty cool to see the CB back, with the walkway.  But the lines are just odd IMO.  Weird nose, weird paint patterns.

Everybody thought the color blocks on the newer Wakesetters (aggressive vs progressive vs classic) were weird or too much but now are widely accepted. IMHO

3 minutes ago, UWSkier said:

I like the colors on the OB version, but agree that the silver metal flake on the CB looks out of place. As a big fan of the color orange, that OB model looks awesome. 

I like the step over transom as well. We've got this on our current i/o and its been around on them for quite a while. With as much as people are in and out the back of these boats, I'm glad to see it's made it's way onto them. I'll be interested to see where they put ski storage though (racks like MC?).

Just now, Michigan boarder said:

I cringe seeing someone sitting on the windshield!

Looks like its strong enough to support him..JS

Just now, Malibu Mike D1 said:

Looks like its strong enough to support him..JS

I know, but it just would drive me nuts being the driver.  I would definitely not do it.

As for the boat - I think it looks great!!

Is Ball of Spray down?  Seems like a few "spy photos" showed up and now I can't get in ... Maybe the site is flooded or someone is trying to get the pics off quickly!

Just now, bbrandau said:

Is Ball of Spray down?  Seems like a few "spy photos" showed up and now I can't get in ... Maybe the site is flooded or someone is trying to get the pics off quickly!

Malibus shut down the "Horton"

1 hour ago, Malibu Mike D1 said:

v2ukukli9l9i.jpg

I am going to have to disagree with some of you, I love the paint scheme, these colors go so well together and I think the whole package looks amazing. IMHO one of the best looking ski tugs I have even seen!

• Like 1
ahopkins22LSV

Yes, silver flake and stratosphere flake look great together. But I am not feeling the random triangle by the Malibu logo or how the silver come down the rear corner in an awkward strip. IMO

The boat looks like an awesome club, private lake tug. Hopefully they still have a more "family friendly" option.

Just now, ahopkinsTXi said:

Yes, silver flake and stratosphere flake look great together. But I am not feeling the random triangle by the Malibu logo or how the silver come down the rear corner in an awkward strip. IMO

The boat looks like an awesome club, private lake tug. Hopefully they still have a more "family friendly" option.

Agreed.  Hopefully there are some other paint patterns available.  This one looks like someone got a new program called "fun with polygons" and went a little berserk.  :)

I see padded gunwhales in one and not in the other, so think there will be family-friendlier options.  Malibu's always had the best boat for that.  Don't think they'd want to give that up.

• Like 1

Wow... That's defiantly a whole redesign, looking forward to getting a full glimpse of this new package. 

Like others have mentioned quite the hull design!

It's got very odd lines for a slalom boat.  I get that the wake guys like gaudy.  What's with the picklefork and that weird width change just fore of the windshield (which I wish had a wraparound option for us in the north).

Looks very functional, I like the padded transom for sitting and the step over for platform access.  Dash looks unique & appears to have a nice folding center seat.  I will be very curious on specs (weight, size).  Personally, not a big fan of the edgy styling or angular color application but that just indicates my 'experience' level (ie: nice word for age description).

• Like 2