Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

All new 2017 Response

scotchipman

I just don't like the front at all...deal breaker for me.  That one looks like a red tongue or a frog.  

Engine looks clean with the cover panels around it.  

I like the walk through to the bow, but not the step over transom.  Makes the rear look like jump seats in an airplane and takes away a seat.  

I love the snap out carpet.  Reminds me, I need to steam my non removable carpet this winter....  boooo

I like the cut out windows...  Had that on my Axis and loved it.  

I'm assuming zero off is integrated in the electronics?

Better keep my Rlxi running the TXI is just not for me. Like the room inside other then that the only other good thing is skiing you would not need to see the front of the tug.

I like the whole thing, but the dash seems weird.  Regardless of the machine (boat/car/cycle) I still prefer round guages.  But not a deal breaker to me.  I hope they have one at the boat show this year.

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Sixball said:

+1 on having ski tugs at the boat shows. Don't remember if it was last year or the year before but the Novi show had ski tugs from the big three. :clap:

Last year Malibu had one, and Tige actually had a really, really nice entry level DD.  I didn't really look much more at the rest.

Just now, ahopkinsTXi said:

Tige has a ski boat?

I thought for sure it was a Tige.  Just looked at their website - all V-drives.  I might be wrong, but I am 99.99% sure that's what it was, and it was for like $40k.  Maybe it was a leftover from a couple years back.

With the ski tug market now at a very competitive level (4 competing options) and 2 of them recent releases, I bet we can hope to see ski tugs more prevalent at the boat shows.  The fight at the top for market share is pretty strong right now, lucky us. +2 on them at the boat shows.

@Michigan boarder:  could it have been a Centurion Carbon Pro?  That is a entry level DD slalom tug.

Looks like you have two options on instrumentation - uplevel integration version with all the bells and whistles, and the bare bones version which is a separate ZO gauge complimented with an analog instrument for engine functions.

Edited by Woodski
54 minutes ago, Michigan boarder said:

I thought for sure it was a Tige.  Just looked at their website - all V-drives.  I might be wrong, but I am 99.99% sure that's what it was, and it was for like $40k.  Maybe it was a leftover from a couple years back.

Gekko?

http://www.gekkosports.com/gts-20

You know, I think it was the Gekko, the GTR-22, no tower.  They were tucked away in an corner, and I quickly glanced over the boat, then the interior, and with surprise said to the my wife that it's appears to be a really nice boat.  Like, the interior reminded me of mid 2000's Lxi's.  If I was shopping for a new/newer DD would be right at the top with other ones, at least from a style & looks perspective.  Obviously, no water test or anything, just walking around it and sitting in it.

3 hours ago, Sixball said:

Carbon Pro starts well over 40K if my memory is any good. But that may be a big if! Dammer getting old $--ks.   If I could find a C.P. for that I may get one. 

Me and a couple buddies picked up a promo 2015 CP in immaculate condition a few months ago.  approx. 80 hrs. on the engine (5.7l). Price was $40k.  Just an fyi cuz you were speculating on price.

43 minutes ago, 3sport said:

Me and a couple buddies picked up a promo 2015 CP in immaculate condition a few months ago.  approx. 80 hrs. on the engine (5.7l). Price was $40k.  Just an fyi cuz you were speculating on price.

Oh I hope I don't need to look for some time yet. We spent way to much cash this year. I will also update my SUV first as long as my tug keeps going and its not showed me any reason to think I does not have many more years in her.  So how do you like the C.P.?  Do you use it on a larger lake or a ski site? I need to ski one.

17 hours ago, Sixball said:

Oh I hope I don't need to look for some time yet. We spent way to much cash this year. I will also update my SUV first as long as my tug keeps going and its not showed me any reason to think I does not have many more years in her.  So how do you like the C.P.?  Do you use it on a larger lake or a ski site? I need to ski one.

Big lake, but its for heading out to the course and back only.  Would hate to be caught in a storm in it.  Fit and finish wise, its not even in the same ball park as the big 3 (which I guess is why its a fraction of the price), but I'd take it's ski wake at 28mph to 32 mph at 15 off over a 2008 open bow response or a 2012 cb sn200 any day of the week.  JMO of course.  I know skiers are finicky and defensive about their wakes, and some may say at the speed and line lengths we're skiing, we're not even entitled to an opinion... 

25 minutes ago, 3sport said:

Big lake, but its for heading out to the course and back only.  Would hate to be caught in a storm in it.  Fit and finish wise, its not even in the same ball park as the big 3 (which I guess is why its a fraction of the price), but I'd take it's ski wake at 28mph to 32 mph at 15 off over a 2008 open bow response or a 2012 cb sn200 any day of the week.  JMO of course.  I know skiers are finicky and defensive about their wakes, and some may say at the speed and line lengths we're skiing, we're not even entitled to an opinion... 

3sport:  Don't think that your opinion on wakes are not important, they are.  Your speed and rope length is where we all started at, (I still start out at 32@15 to warm up).  Lower speeds and longer line lengths have always been a problem on tournament boats ,but lately that's where the biggest improvement has been because of input by skiers like us.

FYI  The Michigan CP Promo boat is for sale on Ski-it-again.  Don't quote me on the price, but I though it was around $34K.  This boat was Horton's from the Ball of Spray.  I have skied this boat a number of times, PB in tournaments (15&16) and a PB in practice 34.2 5@28 off.  Everyone always looked forward to skiing behind this boat, only problem it was used for round 3. 

@3sport:  for the boat manufacturers your comments are probably most important.  Specifically when considering if parents are teaching the grommets to ski and hoping they develop the same passion, a great & soft wake for lightweight kids just starting out may just be the difference maker in keeping them engaged.  If they get turned off, the parents most likely will end up drifting away as they follow the kids activities of choice and not buy that next boat.

That CP does have a very nice soft wake and is in great condition when I got a chance to ski behind it mid summer.  Agree with the other comments.

+1 we all have likes and dislikes but I would not ask if I thought your opinion was not worth anything.  I often say we would be silly not to ride behind any of the big three but with all I have herd I am thinking the C.P. is and should be in the mix.  I am on a larger lake but you hit just what I was looking for.  I think all of our ski tugs my be less then ideal in bad water. One day I am going to get some time behind a C.P. Thanks for your input.

16 hours ago, Sixball said:

I am partial to the Red Black & White.  :whistle:Boat Pictures 036.jpg

Me to!  But Charcoal replacing the Black... lol... :whistle:

Ya I know sixball..had to jump on the band wagon to. ... lol..

20160626_104045-1_20160711_072654-1.jpg