Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

All new 2017 Response

scotchipman

Just now, ahopkinsTXi said:

No hate on your opinion. You do own a very good ski boat in your LX!

One question though, was the 75k msrp? It seems incredibly high.

There were 2(maybe 3) Malibu dealers representing at the NYC show and the gentleman I spoke with, noted that the Standard was 60-65k and the open that they had at the show, was over 80k.  These were assumed to be MRSP numbers, but I didn't confirm that.  It was the metallic flake blue paneled and black, open bow Open Edition, with a look very similar to the pictures previously posted in this thread of the open bow Open Edition. 

ahopkins22LSV
38 minutes ago, stemur1 said:

There were 2(maybe 3) Malibu dealers representing at the NYC show and the gentleman I spoke with, noted that the Standard was 60-65k and the open that they had at the show, was over 80k.  These were assumed to be MRSP numbers, but I didn't confirm that.  It was the metallic flake blue paneled and black, open bow Open Edition, with a look very similar to the pictures previously posted in this thread of the open bow Open Edition. 

Well if it makes you feel any better I'm fairly confident those are msrp numbers. 

From someone who wipes the boat down every time it looks like it has a lot of nooks and cranes. A PITA!  I think I like the interior. Still not sure of the electronic dashes. Nice if they keep working!

Ok, I'll jump on the bandwagon now to, not totally sure what to think, I truly strugle with the redesign and especially with the interior when I compare it with mine, I miss the plush look for the coin one will shell out for the TXi. 

local dealer has brought one in for the local ski club but I haven't had a chance to see it up front. So I guess time will tell. But it definitely sound like it's the ultimate none wake making Tug. :rockon:

• Like 1

Interesting reads on the new TXI, particularly the aesthetics of the new design.  Seems that some of the Crew prefer the 'traditional' styling of previous year offerings, myself included and just to show some bias, think the Echelon and early Response are some of the best looking boats on the water (maybe another reason we drool over the stuff that rolls across the auction block at Mecum or Barrett-Jackson).  It would be interesting to break down the like / dislike by age and see if there is a trend.  If you look at modern car design, I think the edgy or even broken line design theme extends well past just our favorite hobby vessel.  Examples would include the new C7 Corvette, the Acura and Lexus line and even stretching over to GMC and Ford truck / SUV's.  More classic design themes appear retained by Audi, Porsche, M-B.

• Like 2

I'm 37.  I think the '04 Sunsetter LXi and the MC 197 were the pinnacle of DD design aesthetics.  I don't think I've ever liked a SN DD.  Maybe the '89-90 Ski Nautique.

Of the current DDs being produced, I think the Carbon Pro looks the nicest.  Doesn't hold a candle to the mid '00s Malibus though.

Edited by UWSkier
  • 3 weeks later...

I attended the Detroit Boat show this weekend and made it a priority to go and see the new Response. Skiers Pier brought the open bow version which is the one I was interested in. I liked everything until I saw the price on it.... wow... 92K for a ski boat...Thats insanity!image1-2_zpscgdqoewa.jpgimage4_zpsmtaywq18.jpgimage2-2_zpstmhkrgbc.jpgimage6_zps2bzuwngc.jpg745b2c0c-083a-4ad7-9f40-dcac33ac2bf8_zps

We sat in the new Response in Grand Rapids.  Lines are better in person, it is a good looking boat.  I was struck by how much interior space there was. Very large inside.  Need to get me some of those little ski racks/forks that turn sideways.  We seemed more excited about it than the Tommy's salesman.  It was way back in the corner.  Agree on the price.  

ahopkins22LSV
1 hour ago, blytle473 said:

I attended the Detroit Boat show this weekend and made it a priority to go and see the new Response. Skiers Pier brought the open bow version which is the one I was interested in. I liked everything until I saw the price on it.... wow... 92K for a ski boat...Thats insanity!image1-2_zpscgdqoewa.jpgimage4_zpsmtaywq18.jpgimage2-2_zpstmhkrgbc.jpgimage6_zps2bzuwngc.jpg745b2c0c-083a-4ad7-9f40-dcac33ac2bf8_zps

That is msrp, you will pay no where near that. I believe the boat show price was 67k. And it was the open edition which means the nicer dash and other options. You can get a more basic dash, just carpet etc and that price will be even less. 

• Like 2
15 hours ago, River Monsters said:

We sat in the new Response in Grand Rapids.  Lines are better in person, it is a good looking boat.  I was struck by how much interior space there was. Very large inside.  Need to get me some of those little ski racks/forks that turn sideways.  We seemed more excited about it than the Tommy's salesman.  It was way back in the corner.  Agree on the price.  

I think they told me $70k for that boat.  And I was asking the same questions - why is this all the way back here in the corner?!?  Next to the face painting and jungle gym?  Seriously?

Ditto the interior space, for it not being a "family boat", you could VERY comfortably have a crew of 4 or 5 out on the water.

ahopkins22LSV
15 hours ago, River Monsters said:

7 minutes ago, Michigan boarder said:

I think they told me $70k for that boat.  And I was asking the same questions - why is this all the way back here in the corner?!?  Next to the face painting and jungle gym?  Seriously?

Ditto the interior space, for it not being a "family boat", you could VERY comfortably have a crew of 4 or 5 out on the water.

That is sad especially because Tommy's in Florida supply Will, Thomas and Regina with their boats.

Pictures of the TXi from Grand Rapids?

I am always intrigued by the dramatic difference between MSRP and actual purchase price.  I would think there are several lost sales due to initial MSRP sticker shock followed by a reluctance to pursue the actual final price.

7 hours ago, Woodski said:

I am always intrigued by the dramatic difference between MSRP and actual purchase price.  I would think there are several lost sales due to initial MSRP sticker shock followed by a reluctance to pursue the actual final price.

+1  I agree here, and can tell you that we didn't really even give the 22VLX a second look after the dealer told us it was $40k more expensive than the 21 VLX.   Hind sight is always 20/20 and he said he sure wished that I would have pushed back a bit on the price.  I really wanted to consider the 22VLX but there were many other dealers out there hungry to make a sale, hence they never really even mentioned MSRP from the start.   

Any of these boats in the hands of non-factory-sponsered owners yet?   Come new owners, lets gets some pics up and hear the full report!  

Edited by jjackkrash
18 hours ago, jjackkrash said:

Any of these boats in the hands of non-factory-sponsered owners yet?   Come new owners, lets gets some pics up and hear the full report!  

If you can wait till the end of April.    I'm stopping at TGas school on our Florida ski trip and our club boat should be in the water too.

I saw a handleful on onlyinboards. I hope it looks better in person. I was really excited for this boat, but since no one had one to see in person nearby, I was apprehensive to pull the trigger. Once I received pricing from a dealer, that sealed the deal. Ordered new prostar for less.

ahopkins22LSV
17 minutes ago, lxirod said:

I saw a handleful on onlyinboards. I hope it looks better in person. I was really excited for this boat, but since no one had one to see in person nearby, I was apprehensive to pull the trigger. Once I received pricing from a dealer, that sealed the deal. Ordered new prostar for less.

Just to satisfy curiosity do you mind sharing options, and the pricing differences?

1 hour ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

Just to satisfy curiosity do you mind sharing options, and the pricing differences?

Both boats optioned the same. I live on a ski lake so don't need much. Malibu with Zero off ,  bimini , single axle trailer, carpet.  On the MC since they make everything an option I added front seats, rear seats and carpet. Both optioned exactly the same, Prostar came in $5000 less. Both boats would have been ordered.