Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

All new 2017 Response

scotchipman

Ok, so someone asked this once but I haven't been able to see an answer. What's the price on the new TXI????? Better yet anyone have a build sheet to share with all the options? Yes I know it will only have MSRP but something is better than nothing. Unfortunately my local dealer is being less than helpful on my request.

I have a dealer extremely close. I only go there to buy anchor line kinda things and gawk at the 'bu's. Nothing against the dealer, they just didn't have the used boat I wanted when I was ready. 

Anyway, they post the prices right there on all their boats, and option costs. If nobody post's what you are looking for, I could probably take some MSRP pics of the pricing sheets.

Steve B.

I've heard well equipped in the mid to upper 60s.  Blinged out over 70.  

Msrp on a 2016 demo with few options, at my local dealer, is 80.  Said he would sell for 60.  I imagine the new one to be mid 80s msrp.

Edited by bamabonners
On 9/22/2016 at 9:26 AM, 85 Barefoot said:

those were the glory says.  Bud Dry ads and ESPN's Hot Summer Nights coverage.  Wade Cox, Mike Kjellander, Nevilles and Andy.

Hood of our M/C on the dealer instagram.  Pro skiers signed the inside of the mini tower with a Sharpie, pretty cool. 

https://www.instagram.com/actionwater/?hl=en

Sorry, a little off topic, but i am ready to drop in for spring already.  White stuff starting to fall kinda bums me out.

• Like 1
ahopkins22LSV
27 minutes ago, River Monsters said:

Hood of our M/C on the dealer instagram.  Pro skiers signed the inside of the mini tower with a Sharpie, pretty cool. 

https://www.instagram.com/actionwater/?hl=en

Sorry, a little off topic, but i am ready to drop in for spring already.  White stuff starting to fall kinda bums me out.

Come ski the 2017 TXi at Skiers Pier's polar bear ski tomorrow!

13 minutes ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

Come ski the 2017 TXi at Skiers Pier's polar bear ski tomorrow!

I wish.  How many runs before the surfing stirs up the lake?

ahopkins22LSV
1 hour ago, River Monsters said:

I wish.  How many runs before the surfing stirs up the lake?

We should have good water all day. New location this year on white lake. Lake is separated by islands so surfers will be in one area and skiers in another.

Looking forward to skiing the new TXi, great to see Malibu spitting them out and having available so soon after the release.  Always a great event, and it supports the ADA (American Diabetes Association).

• Like 2
38 minutes ago, Woodski said:

Got the chance to check out the new TXi.  Very nice, very soft wakes even in cold 39 degree water, no spray and not as much whitewater as a CC200.  Plenty of grunt with a 409 and feels like a strong, solid pull at 34 mph B2.   The boat drives great, feels very solid with much improved ergonomics for me with a nice seating position, controls and excellent vision.  Very roomy inside and the configuration of the transom is more comfortable to sit with ski on platform compared to a CC.

Did you see one on a trailer? Does the hull look like it'll have a ton of drag like the 200, or more efficient so the barefoot guys won't all have to upgrade engines...

Unfortunately boat was in water the whole time.  My guess is maybe more drag than previous TXi only based on noticing boat pitch while in motion, seemed to keep nose down well, thus fair amount of hull in water, but only a casual and distant observation not up close.  It does seem to have very little bow rise on acceleration from rest.  Prop on this particular boat appeared to be close to 1 mph / 1000 rpm so that is a very good sign.  Prior to engaging the ZO, I throttled up and was over 40 very easily but did not go WOT to see a top speed, but it was at 40 w/o much effort, another good sign.  I hope this boat continues the Malibu trend of good footing wakes.

Edited by Woodski
  • Like 3

@ahopkinsTXi - @woodski   Glad to hear good things about the new TXI.   We followed the people in your pic down the lake hoping it would smooth out the water but no such luck.  Water conditions must of improved for you or I'm just spoiled.   

Snapshot%201%2012-4-2016%209-24%20AM_zps

Edited by onamission

@aopkinsTXi  You mention that wakes were softer then your 13, can you give a comparison to the 15 -16's

Looks like you were next to by wife taking pic's.

IMG_0323_zps0lf6vvq1.jpg

Edited by onamission
ahopkins22LSV
23 minutes ago, bamabonners said:

no cup holders on the motor box?!  Where do the girls put their drinks?

They are on the side of each rear seat now. Better there actually the motor box acts as a drink warmer.

• Like 3

I have almost all the 2017 Manuals (owners, engine and catalog), getting them ready to put in the Resources section. My connection at Malibu says Response manuals will be available to me after the first of the year. He also said the engine manual will be from PEG.

Notice that the approved prop is the Acme 515 (standard) and optional 525 with a 1:1 ratio gearbox.  The nice thing about that is RPM : speed ratio will be 100:1 so the engine speed of the TXi will be same as we are all used to or 3400 rpm for 34 mph & 3600 rpm for 36 mph.  This allows a lower engine speed compared to what you see the MC and CC vessels specify, so fuel economy should be better and interior noise lower (assuming ~= sound deadening), nice to see the TXi hull retained its efficiency.

The TXi (pictured above) used at the Skiers Pier polar ski, which is the same as one Regina set her new record behind, seemed to have the 515 prop on it.  I am basing that on driving the boat and observing 3400 rpm at 34 mph with ZO engaged @ 34 mph, not via checking the prop itself.  Thus, on might be able to assume the 515 prop will serve most people very well and the 525 will be more of the prop for altitude requirements.

http://www.usawaterski.org/pages/TournKit/AWSA/Chief Driver/ApprovedTournamentTowboats.pdf

Edited by Woodski
  • Like 4