Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

All new 2017 Response

scotchipman

Thought you had news :)

But this is what I have been told:

I believe it will be dropped in mid-late October. My sales guy has seen the exterior of it and said it looks amazing. They didn't let them get close enough to it to even see the interior though. Also I believe there will be 3 variants of the boat all on the same surface. 1 being higher end, mid and cost "effective". I don't know that for sure but the LXr is no more, I do know that.

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, scotchipman said:

Does anyone have information on the all new 2017 Response? I was in my local dealer a week or so ago and they could not tell me anything. THANKS!

From what I heard Malibu is being really tight lipped about it.

21 minutes ago, Sixball said:

Now that $uc#s!   I have not wanted a new ski tug. It better not be so good that I want!!!!!!!!!!:whistle:

Hey.... isn't it about time for you to Upgrade. ... Man!  Now you've got me thinking. ...lol....Hummmmm

Edited by Dare2goBare
3 hours ago, Dare2goBare said:

Hey.... isn't it about time for you to Upgrade. ... Man!  Now you've got me thinking. ...lol....Hummmmm

Ummmmm.............  NO!    I may need to start another excuse, how do I tell the wife.  :lol:  

• Like 2

Here is a comment from what I assume is an industry insider.

This is lifted from a thread on the 'Ball of Spray' site.

"I would say production will begin in November (give or take) The boats will be at the USA Waterski Boat test at the end of October. I am sure the production will ramp up soon after. Building a few now to be utilized at the boat test, As soon as I am allowed I will post some pics and details about the new boat. Malibu Keeping under wraps at this time"                       

I believe dealer meetings are taking place this week, catalogs should be available shortly after.  Barring another Malibu PR shenanigan, one would assume the Response will be in the catalog.

4 minutes ago, BadgerBoater55 said:

I believe dealer meetings are taking place this week, catalogs should be available shortly after.  Barring another Malibu PR shenanigan, one would assume the Response will be in the catalog.

Dealer meeting was a couple of weeks ago from what I heard.

12 minutes ago, 23LSVOwner said:

Dealer meeting was a couple of weeks ago from what I heard.

It was but I think there is another one, maybe just part of the country went? Because my dealer was at the one a couple weeks ago and he said they have another one coming up, but didn't sound like they were going. He said he thinks it will be released then too.

20 minutes ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

It was but I think there is another one, maybe just part of the country went? Because my dealer was at the one a couple weeks ago and he said they have another one coming up, but didn't sound like they were going. He said he thinks it will be released then too.

I heard they are having one in Zurich next month. Might be what they are referring to?

National meeting is supposed to be in November also.

Just now, 23LSVOwner said:

I heard they are having one in Zurich next month. Might be what they are referring to?

National meeting is supposed to be in November also.

Could be. But I think he said something about the national meeting. So my guess is November or a little earlier

I had no idea a new ski tug was coming. After seeing it on this site I jumped over to 'Ball of Spray' site thinking someone would have inside info. Nothing more then whats on this site.

2 hours ago, CumminsBu said:

Doesn't Malibudude get intell for us?

So they could tell us and we would never tell a sole! :whistle:  Oh my phone number is 989-XXX-xxxx  and well your at it how about a picture.

7 hours ago, Sixball said:

I had no idea a new ski tug was coming. After seeing it on this site I jumped over to 'Ball of Spray' site thinking someone would have inside info. Nothing more then whats on this site.

I've been talking about it sense July! Lol. 

Oh and I don't think anyone has pictures. They made my dealer turn their phones in before they went in the factory. 

Just talked to my dealer. Will be available in open and closed bow. He did not elaborate as to whether it is a different top mold or would be something similar to what MC did. He said he would know more in November.

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

interesting. If they go with a real closed bow then it is cheaper, if they go with the Mc cover then more expensive. I'm guessing a real closed bow to compete with nautique and centurion for the crowd that only boats in ditches.

I hope this is the case. I don't like the Mastercraft system.