Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Joined the club....officailly

BlindSquirrel

15 hours ago, Choiceind said:

I have the same boat, carpet is getting pretty matted. Did you order that flooring precut or cutting to size? Thanks for any info.

16 hours ago, braindamage said:

What flooring is that?

It's called hydroturf. It doesn't come pre-cut, but is pretty easy to work with if you use a sharp knife. The hardest cut is the front floor where it curves, so I just kept the carpet I ripped up (came up in one piece) and used it as a pattern. Total cost with extra material is ~$300, the sheets are about $80 and $20 for the 3m woodweld contact cement. 

• Like 2

Looks great. I have a 99 and can see a flooring upgrade in my future. 98's must not have came with the table behind the captains chair? I didn't think I'd like the table in mine but actually love it

Here is a pontoon I am restoring for a customer. I'm waiting for some more color options on this teak so that I can do mine sunsetter E9771ACE-CC90-4DE9-BF36-FB223824D79B_zps

Edited by jbower
1 hour ago, jbower said:

Looks great. I have a 99 and can see a flooring upgrade in my future. 98's must not have came with the table behind the captains chair? I didn't think I'd like the table in mine but actually love it

I have it. On the fence about removing it and putting cooler there with a foam top for a seat. 

4 hours ago, jbower said:

Here is a pontoon I am restoring for a customer. I'm waiting for some more color options on this teak so that I can do mine sunsetter E9771ACE-CC90-4DE9-BF36-FB223824D79B_zps

What do the seams look like? Interested in doing the same. 

1 minute ago, That Guy said:

What do the seams look like? Interested in doing the same. 

This actually doesn't have seams like gatorstep it's a woven material with padded backing. And actually at the moment it's pretty expensive. You have to get it at 8 foot or 8 1/2 foot wide and it retails I believe around 28$ a foot. I also have a few different options for this woven material. But currently for the teak look they have it with black stripe or white 46B5E929-C4C1-437A-9D93-B3FC8AE89CB7_zps

On 4/29/2017 at 9:55 AM, jbower said:

Yeah, I have the table too but on the fence about putting it back in. Once I get the drivers seat back in, with an additional 4 inches of lift, I'll see how I feel about the table again but for now I think we are going to leave it out.