Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Swim deck splash

ChainSetter

I did a quick search and found nothing on here.  I'm pretty surprised maybe my search sucked.  Are we the only people that have a huge issue with the splash from other peoples wake coming up through the gap between the deck and the transom? When we are sitting at the sandbar and rollers come in everyone around the swim deck gets splashed constantly.  We had the issue with our 07 LSV and hoped it would be gone with the new '15 247 but its still there.  It should be solvable with some weather stripping or something but I can't believe Malibu didn't fix this at this point. Thoughts?  Solutions?

I get worried when I get that splash effect. That is a lot of pressure up under the deck, lot of pressure on the mounts. If I get that a lot, I'll turn the boat so the waves hit the bow. I know that isn't always possible though. 

One thing you could try is taking a hollow noodle and slicing it down the edge and jam it in that space.

Minimal difference. that little space only relieves a little pressure. The amount of water force coming up through that opening, think about that spread across your whole deck.