Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2017 LSV 23 - Wetsounds Stereo

sandaddiction

Another update. This system pounds! I'm out in the boat right now putting some break in hours on it and I've got a headache! Probably not good for my ears! ;) I was probably thinking I might swap the rev8s for 10s. Nope. The 8s work great!

The auto volume works pretty good. Best I've experienced. 

Homerun!

• Like 2

Auto volume can really kick in the bass! I was using setting 2 or 3. Noticed while cruising the sub was hitting a lot harder. You could probably get the same results adjusting things while at rest or with the engine off. 

• 3 months later...

Was digging through some older threads.  Does anyone know if it's possible to integrate LED speaker lights into the factory WS system?  They offer it on the M235, would be nice if that same speaker setup was an option on other models. 

The in-boat grill may be custom, but the speaker basket and bolt pattern would not change from the actual Wet Sounds Revo speaker. So mounting the wet sounds rings behind the speaker should not be any different.  

Thank you for the replies, and I should have been more specific.  I was initially thinking tower, but would likely hit the in-boat speakers as well.  I did shoot a message to Tim at WS as well to get his take, happy to share that feedback for anyone else who might be interested.  I do like the M235 look vs the outer ring, just trying to explore what's possible.

As stated above, the LED light has no integration to the audio portion. You would wire the light rings same as you would any other light, whether in-boats or towers. 

As to fitment. It is noted in that thread that hethj7 linked to, that the malibu tower pods are different from the wet sounds tower pods. Not just a custom tower pod grill, but the entire pod is malibu's, including the grill. This is 100% true and confirmed. So if you intended to go to a wet sounds retailer and purchase a pair of the Rev-8/Icon-8 rings, they will not fit. However, if you purchased which ever rings malibu offers, based on your post, they would fit I assume. 

As the hethj7's quote from the other thread. its irrelevant as the malibu pods are completely different form the wet sounds pods. However, that statement is 100% factual. There is a slight change in the new Wet Sounds pods and rings. The old rings wont fit the new pods and grill and the new rings wont fit well on the old pods.  

• 1 month later...
On 11/6/2016 at 2:06 PM, teamerickson said:

Another update. This system pounds! I'm out in the boat right now putting some break in hours on it and I've got a headache! Probably not good for my ears! ;) I was probably thinking I might swap the rev8s for 10s. Nope. The 8s work great!

The auto volume works pretty good. Best I've experienced. 

Homerun!

Thought I'd revive this thread.  I was going to PM a few questions to you, but looks like your profile may not accept messages :-)  This tower speaker set up is my last real decision on my build.  After re-reading your post, it sounds like you are very happy with your Rev 8s.  I've been doing a lot of reading where the new design seems to produce a much warmer "in cabin" experience and provides the benefit of distance.  In order of priority, I'd place in cabin quality as #1, surf quality as #2, and wakeboard as #3.  If the Revs do all three well and the Icons are only marginally better at the first two, I'd probably lean Rev.  I have not been able to find a local set up where I can hear both, which makes the decision a little more challenging.

Given my listening preferences, I was leaning towards 4 ICON 8s and am now re-considering 1 pair of Rev 8s similar to your set up.  Presuming you've played around with it a little more since this last post, you are still happy with the Rev 8s, or so you do still wish you had the 10s or something else?

2 hours ago, 2THEL8K said:

Thought I'd revive this thread.  I was going to PM a few questions to you, but looks like your profile may not accept messages :-)  This tower speaker set up is my last real decision on my build.  After re-reading your post, it sounds like you are very happy with your Rev 8s.  I've been doing a lot of reading where the new design seems to produce a much warmer "in cabin" experience and provides the benefit of distance.  In order of priority, I'd place in cabin quality as #1, surf quality as #2, and wakeboard as #3.  If the Revs do all three well and the Icons are only marginally better at the first two, I'd probably lean Rev.  I have not been able to find a local set up where I can hear both, which makes the decision a little more challenging.

Given my listening preferences, I was leaning towards 4 ICON 8s and am now re-considering 1 pair of Rev 8s similar to your set up.  Presuming you've played around with it a little more since this last post, you are still happy with the Rev 8s, or so you do still wish you had the 10s or something else?

I guess I need to clean up my inbox! ;)

I'm still really happy my setup. I think it gets pretty loud and sounds good. But, I don't have a lot of time behind it yet. 

I would get the rev speakers. I'm still happy with the rev8s. They sound great close and will project if needed. Would I like 10s? Sure! But I think the 8s are fine. If I switch to 10s I would probably want more power. 

Have you ordered yours yet? I may have mine at the house Saturday if you want to swing by and listen. :thumbup:

I may take you up on that.  If you wouldn't mind PMing me, I'll exchange my contact details.

She's on order.  Because I don't have a spray date yet, Derek/Larson was able to have Malibu re-open the order to make a few minor changes.  He's waiting on me to confirm the speakers, which I will do after this convo ;-).  I've also been trading a few PMs with Tim@WS, and he's been a very good source of information as well.  I'm impressed with their customer service and attention to detail with their products.

Can we confirm that the ONLY 2017 Malibu boat with a free air/IB set up is the 21 VLX?  The 22 VLX utilizes a sealed box, correct??

This might be a little OT but what batteries come with the 17 Malibus?  I am guessing Interstate?  How do they hold up with stock stereo loads?  Seems like all my buddies constantly have low voltage alarms going off that run Interstate.  

2 hours ago, Lees23 said:

Can we confirm that the ONLY 2017 Malibu boat with a free air/IB set up is the 21 VLX?  The 22 VLX utilizes a sealed box, correct??

This might be a little OT but what batteries come with the 17 Malibus?  I am guessing Interstate?  How do they hold up with stock stereo loads?  Seems like all my buddies constantly have low voltage alarms going off that run Interstate.  

The dealer adds the batteries. I do 2 group 27 Northstar AGM Marine batteries and I NEVER have an issue. I also run over 3000 rms on 3 amps and at the end of the day I am running 14.3-14.4 amps. My batteries are overkill but I don't have issues

On 9/27/2016 at 2:41 PM, teamerickson said:

Today I went down and plugged in my iPhone to play music. A little buggy. Took about 2 minutes to finally recognize and start playing. Then at low volume it seemed like it was skipping or cutting out some.

Maybe someone has a different experience?

So it looks like we might be able to play iPhones through the USB with out a special adapter now?

Nothing like digging up old posts but I have had the same low volume issues you spoke of.  Were you able to remedy it, or have other experienced the same thing?  My dealer is going to check everything out because in addition to the low volume issue I also have a really bad whine in the in boats.  

Its not all bad though... I was really impressed with the in-boats at higher volumes!  Sounds like the sub has potential as well, but unfortunately it seems the sub level is tied to the in-boat volume with no independent control (similar to the old WS420).

Edited by mikeakatex5
  • Like 1
18 hours ago, mikeakatex5 said:

Nothing like digging up old posts but I have had the same low volume issues you spoke of.  Were you able to remedy it, or have other experienced the same thing?  My dealer is going to check everything out because in addition to the low volume issue I also have a really bad whine in the in boats.  

Its not all bad though... I was really impressed with the in-boats at higher volumes!  Sounds like the sub has potential as well, but unfortunately it seems the sub level is tied to the in-boat volume with no independent control (similar to the old WS420).

I haven't had it checked out yet. I causally mentioned it to my dealer.  I'm sure they'll look into it. I will have them check it out when I take it in for the 20 hour. Which should be soon. 

Edited by teamerickson

My dealer informed me that the low volume music dropout issue is due to the tuning of the Wetsounds amp.  They contacted Malibu which aknowledged the problem but said it was a Wetsounds issue.  Apparently Malibu also mentioned that adjusting the settings on the amps may correct the issue but would void the warranty.  Sooo... I'm not allowed to fix it :lame:

ahopkins22LSV
20 minutes ago, mikeakatex5 said:

My dealer informed me that the low volume music dropout issue is due to the tuning of the Wetsounds amp.  They contacted Malibu which aknowledged the problem but said it was a Wetsounds issue.  Apparently Malibu also mentioned that adjusting the settings on the amps may correct the issue but would void the warranty.  Sooo... I'm not allowed to fix it :lame:

Just like adjusting the gains on the Rockford Fosgate amps voided the warranty :whistle:

30 minutes ago, mikeakatex5 said:

I hope they come up with something? @wetsounds1 Tim?

41 minutes ago, mikeakatex5 said:

OEM installed accessory under warranty seems like a Malibu problem. Would you have to tow your boat the engine manufacture for an engine problem? Sounds like something was lost in translation. There are no adjustments on he amps. Its done via a program. You just need the correct, or corrected tune and the proper interface cable. Seems that if your dealer was able to diagnose the issue, they would be able to resolve it for you. 

• Like 1

Have you tried going into the zone settings and adjusting the interior level up while lowering the other levels??

Also, if it is only doing it on the Iphone bluetooth have you tried turning the phone volume up some?

Edited by 23LSVOwner
2 hours ago, 23LSVOwner said:

Have you tried going into the zone settings and adjusting the interior level up while lowering the other levels??

Also, if it is only doing it on the Iphone bluetooth have you tried turning the phone volume up some?

I did try the zone adjustments as well as phone volume adjustments with no luck.  I also plugged the phone into the Aux input to check and see if it was a Bluetooth issue, but once again... no luck.  I get the boat back this week so I will be able to play around with it more.  I'll likely reach out to wetsounds to get their take on it as well.