Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2017 LSV 23 - Wetsounds Stereo

sandaddiction

On September 7, 2016 at 10:33 PM, DarkSide said:

Screenshot_20160906-192738_zpsctn8zeq8.p

Press "select" 3x it opens the fader function.  Then use +/- to fade.  The "select" option is missing in viper mode.  It's there in every mode but Viper?????

Select-Fader control is there in the Viper BT on my 2016. Using it to control tower/in boat zones like you suggested. Still a pain to hit that small select 3x!

10 hours ago, tn_rider said:

What are they?

The sound  they project are soooo dynamic you find yourself in dis belief that your outside, in an open air environment. I have two pair rev 8's with an sd2 ( my boat is very loud) and The Master Pro towers own my rev's. The output is so rich and has so much depth, it is on another level.

12 hours ago, WakeSS said:

Select-Fader control is there in the Viper BT on my 2016. Using it to control tower/in boat zones like you suggested. Still a pain to hit that small select 3x!

It was missing on the '15, they may have updated in software, honestly I havent looked again.  New 2017 setup is way nicer!   I don't fade often enough for the 3x to be a huge issue.  But if I did fad often, it would get old fast.

9 hours ago, ConnollyCrew said:

The sound  they project are soooo dynamic you find yourself in dis belief that your outside, in an open air environment. I have two pair rev 8's with an sd2 ( my boat is very loud) and The Master Pro towers own my rev's. The output is so rich and has so much depth, it is on another level.

Yeah. It's definitely next level. They had a pair or two at the show that they were demo'ing for those that were interested.
The guy that started the company is a sound engineer that used to custom design and build IMAX movie theater sound systems from scratch in a previous life. And I mean... from scratch.

We'll be posting some more about them in the coming months, they're releasing the first line publicly in the spring. I just figured if any of you were there at the show you could go get a sneak listen.

• Like 1

I'm working on getting a better answer on integrating amps into the Malibu system.  Tim and Simon were gone today and this whole Wet Sounds system has put a stop to my 2017 order.  Hopefully I can iron it out tomorrow.

4 hours ago, ibelonginprison said:

Yeah. It's definitely next level. They had a pair or two at the show that they were demo'ing for those that were interested.
The guy that started the company is a sound engineer that used to custom design and build IMAX movie theater sound systems from scratch in a previous life. And I mean... from scratch.

We'll be posting some more about them in the coming months, they're releasing the first line publicly in the spring. I just figured if any of you were there at the show you could go get a sneak listen.

Do y'all have pics of them? Interested to see how they look. Were they an 8? 10?

Just now, tn_rider said:

Do y'all have pics of them? Interested to see how they look. Were they an 8? 10?

They aren't ready to release pics juuuust yet I don't think. I will say it's not a traditional setup. Then again, it doesn't sound like a traditional setup either. 

I don't want to post stuff up on the forums until he's ready. But when the time comes, I'll post a lot of photos, videos, and details about them. Let me see when they will get the Facebook page updated and I'll share a link here so you can follow along for updates. 

2 hours ago, tjklein said:

I'm working on getting a better answer on integrating amps into the Malibu system.  Tim and Simon were gone today and this whole Wet Sounds system has put a stop to my 2017 order.  Hopefully I can iron it out tomorrow.

I've talked to both Tim and Simon. I believe they are working with the Malibu engineers but utlimatly Malibu is setting everything up. I went and checked out a boat with just the cabin speakers. I could feel some unused wire connectors under the amp board. They are probably the leads from the head unit. You should be able to convert those leads to RCAs to add onto the system. 

16 minutes ago, teamerickson said:

I've talked to both Tim and Simon. I believe they are working with the Malibu engineers but utlimatly Malibu is setting everything up. I went and checked out a boat with just the cabin speakers. I could feel some unused wire connectors under the amp board. They are probably the leads from the head unit. You should be able to convert those leads to RCAs to add onto the system. 

That's exactly what I'm hoping for.  Honestly, I just want the Malibu boat WS speakers and I want to run 3 SD amps (tower, boat, sub) and then keep the factory integration.  I just don't know if I can make that happen.

We'll know tomorrow for sure...hopefully.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
Just now, ctvandy23 said:

I so wish this could be incorporated into a software update for the 15-16s 

Its more of a hardware difference, then a simple software change. In the 2017, it seems that the "head-unit" is incorporated into the helm management system, as opposed to interfacing with an external unit like the JVC (prospec) and rockford black box units in prior years.   

40 minutes ago, teamerickson said:

Yeah I know that's there. I want something similar to the tower and interior volume control for the sub. Not in the mixer screen. 

can you post a pic of this separate external mechanical tower and in-boat volume control you speak of? Ive not seen it. 

20 minutes ago, MLA said:

can you post a pic of this separate external mechanical tower and in-boat volume control you speak of? Ive not seen it. 

Like Hopkins posted a few posts ago. There's a button bottom left where you can toggle between main, tower or interior volume. It can be controlled by the knob if you want. It would be nice if they included sub volume toggle option also. 

1 hour ago, teamerickson said:

Like Hopkins posted a few posts ago. There's a button bottom left where you can toggle between main, tower or interior volume. It can be controlled by the knob if you want. It would be nice if they included sub volume toggle option also. 

so how is toggling through one sub menu for sub level different than toggling through another sub menu to reach the zone control already pictured? 

I think it would save a step and make it faster. When in the mixer screen you have to push the sub button multiple times for meaningful adjustments. I'm constantly adjusting my sub volume so I would like a dedicated shortcut button like main, interior and tower has. 

13 hours ago, MLA said:

Its more of a hardware difference, then a simple software change. In the 2017, it seems that the "head-unit" is incorporated into the helm management system, as opposed to interfacing with an external unit like the JVC (prospec) and rockford black box units in prior years.   

It's an external box like in years past. It just has been custom designed to work with the system, rather than the system having to be programmed to work with it.

On 9/12/2016 at 10:33 PM, tjklein said:

That's exactly what I'm hoping for.  Honestly, I just want the Malibu boat WS speakers and I want to run 3 SD amps (tower, boat, sub) and then keep the factory integration.  I just don't know if I can make that happen.

We'll know tomorrow for sure...hopefully.

Any news on integration? 

Yep.  I talked to Wet Sounds and Malibu.

Long story short, rca adapters spliced into the wires coming out of the black box.  Tim at Wet Sounds said it should allow you to maintain all the factory features.  Just make sure you use multiple rca adapters.  1 for each amp onto the respective wires.

Short answer but does that make sense?

Edited by tjklein
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, tjklein said:

Yep.  I talked to Wet Sounds and Malibu.

Long story short, rca adapters spliced into the wires coming out of the black box.  Tim at Wet Sounds said it should allow you to maintain all the factory features.  Just make sure you use multiple rca adapters.  1 for each amp onto the respective wires.

Short answer but does that make sense?

Yup and thanks!

Today I went down and plugged in my iPhone to play music. A little buggy. Took about 2 minutes to finally recognize and start playing. Then at low volume it seemed like it was skipping or cutting out some.

Maybe someone has a different experience?

So it looks like we might be able to play iPhones through the USB with out a special adapter now?