Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2017 LSV 23 - Wetsounds Stereo

sandaddiction

Yes.  Mine is in the shop right now for the same issue.  Also had the 7" screen cutting out, disconnect from bluetooth, kept going back to FM radio and not functioning.  Dealer said they were going to replace that screen.  I will see this weekend if everything is fixed.  One the water the other weekend without the key and it happened.  I tried to switch the batteries off to reset it and when i turned it back on I couldn't even type in the start code.  That was not a fun feeling.  After a couple minutes, I was able to get it started.  Won't be going out without the key again, that is for sure.

2015 23LSV wetsounds tower ws420 ws and rockford amps.  Buzz or whine since day one.  Ran boat first time this year and no audio from head unit.  Everything is on and connects via bt.  Indicates a song is playing.  No sound.

direct connect through ws420 and have full audio

guess the "radio is dead"

mike

4 minutes ago, ThinkinBu said:

2015 23LSV wetsounds tower ws420 ws and rockford amps.  Buzz or whine since day one.  Ran boat first time this year and no audio from head unit.  Everything is on and connects via bt.  Indicates a song is playing.  No sound.

mike

There is a switch on the WS 420 that allows you to select Aux input or head unit. 

You would figure by now that I would know this every time my system does not have sound (I don't have anything plugged into my aux one the WS) but I always have an oh sh@# moment before I switch it back.

8 minutes ago, kerpluxal said:

There is a switch on the WS 420 that allows you to select Aux input or head unit. 

You would figure by now that I would know this every time my system does not have sound (I don't have anything plugged into my aux one the WS) but I always have an oh sh@# moment before I switch it back.

Not it.  Use the switch to play direct.

26 minutes ago, ThinkinBu said:

mike

Probably best to either search existing threads for a resolution or start your own thread were help that pertains to your issue can be managed and not mingled with discussion regarding the 2017 boats. Plenty of members here to help. 

• Like 1

I would love to get rid of the shelf mount and why not go to rev 10's while at it?  Can I swap out my rev 8's for rev 10's without changing the existing amp?

What mount are ppl using?  My buddies 2014 has a mounting plate, is the same setup avail for my 2017?

Lees23,

Going to a larger speaker even with the same amp wattage, you gain a little more output and mid-bass depth. Since you speak of a shelf, I take it you have the G3 tower? Yes, there are mounting plate options for that tower that you can get along with the Rev-10. You can even go with the swivel disconnect mounts if you like. 

7 minutes ago, MLA said:

Lees23,

Going to a larger speaker even with the same amp wattage, you gain a little more output and mid-bass depth. Since you speak of a shelf, I take it you have the G3 tower? Yes, there are mounting plate options for that tower that you can get along with the Rev-10. You can even go with the swivel disconnect mounts if you like. 

Not exactly a pro here but is there a way to run the amp at 2 ohms to get more juice?

7 minutes ago, MLA said:

You would need 2 ohm speakers, which the Rev series are only 4 ohm. 

Thanks.  I thought there was a way to wire them to receive 4 ohms but the draw was a 2 ohm load.  This is probably only possible in dual VC Subs. 

So to get the power needed to have the 10's reach their potential I would need a new amp.  I will probably just replace the brackets and keep the 8's.

• 9 months later...
On 8/31/2016 at 9:49 AM, wetsounds1 said:

Hi guys,

Let me clarify some information on the new system.  The new system was designed by us and the engineers at Malibu to provide the highest performing factory system and one that rivals most aftermarket systems.  This system was designed for power and output and sound quality and there were no shortcuts in regards to the design.  They are also tuned to optimum and not under tuned.

Components are: Malibu specific amplifiers based on the brand new SYN DX DSP amps.  These are all DSP controlled and tuned by us.  Each amplifier has specific tunes.  These tunes give us the ability to adjust for speaker placement, frequency, crossovers, time alignment and gain.  They are tuned for optimum output and sound quality.  The models are the 6ch and 2ch.  The 6 ch has 125x4 and 150x2 at 4 ohms.  Running the system with 4 pairs of in boats, the amplifier produces 200x4 at 2 ohms so 100 watts per speaker.  It also bridges for 600x1 on the subwoofer.  So you can see it is a ton more power then previous years. The 2 ch is 200x2 at 4 ohms and 375x2 at 2 ohms.  So 187.5 per tower when running 2 pairs.  Optimum for the REV 8 or ICON 8 based Malibu specific tower speakers.  

Speakers are NOT XS-650 or XS-808.  The speakers are based on our brand new REVO series of interior speakers and subwoofers.  The 6.5 and 8" inch are an all new ground up design with new frame, new motor structure, new voice coil venting, new integrated 12dB crossover, integrated wire leads, new composites.  And new voicing for a smooth response while still maintaining output.  Subwoofer is a 12" high powered sub that is based on the XS-12.  All proprietary grilles have a brushed aluminum overlay to match the tower speakers.

The subwoofer enclosures are using king starlight xl composite material that is a replacement material for MDF.  They are all CNC cut and screwed and glued.  The enclosures are solid now and work great.  

Head unit is a design we worked with Malibu and Medallion on.  Medallion is providing the unit with their control system for a more integrated system.  we worked with them on the zone and volume controls and GUI.  

The amplifiers all have waterproof connector plugs for input for source and speaker outputs. The head unit box has waterproof plugs on the output to direct plug into the amplifers. This you will see is just like automotive OEM system.  Both in the pre tuned DSP profiles as well as the connectors.  OEM automotive have been doing proprietary connectors for years.  To add to a system, there are companies that make adapters.  I see the same here for those that wish to add to a system.  So I would not worry about upgrade opportunities.

We will have a dealer network that are Wet Sounds authorized DSP.  So these dealers will have ability to work on the system and upgrade and add to it.

Everyone who has heard the system has been blown away and we have heard comments like "night and day" improvement, amazing, sounds awesome and so on.  So give the new systems a look and listen.  

Tim

Wet Sounds

Hi Tim,

I know this was an old post, but I called you guys and was told I'd have to solder RCAs into the the wiring harness and there were no adapters.  Can you tell me what adapters you are speaking of?  I just want to add 2 syndx-4s for my rev10s so I can run them one speaker per channel on 12 guage wire, but I have never soldered in RCAs before

• 1 month later...

I'm getting a pretty noticeable buzz in all of the speakers in the boat. The guys at Exile helped trouble shoot the issue and isolated it to the blackbox (Medallion?). Has anyone had one of these replaced under warranty and did it fix the "buzz"?

Edited by CharlieBeaU
Punctuation