Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2017 LSV 23 - Wetsounds Stereo

sandaddiction

It only happens at really low volume. Like one or two clicks up from 0. I think the amps are having a hard time recognizing the line level when it's that low? Minor annoyance. Hopefully something gets worked out. 

Took my 2017 23 lsv out this past weekend for the first time, and I was not as impressed with the Wetsounds stereo as I though I was going to be. I like the mixer and EQ selections on the screen, but I couldn't get them to coordinate the way I expected. When I try to raise the volume of the the tower speakers and lower interior volume, the two seem to want to sync together. So when I raise one and lower the other, it doesn't allow it; it just raises or lowers the two together. Also, the sport knob does not work like I expected. Sometimes it lowers the volume only of the tower or interior, instead of the entire system. I think I need to learn how to use it better. Although it looks very intuitive, it is more difficult to operate than I thought. It may also need an software update, cuz it just doesn't work like it should.

Edited by bbattiste247
  • Like 1

I think I know what's happening. In the bottom left corner of the radio screen there is a button that can cycle through tower, interior or main speakers. If it's set to tower, it only adjusts tower. That's how I just adjust the tower. That's the zone control function.

Edited by teamerickson
  • Like 2

So I got my new 17 LSV and I am having audio cut outs through Bluetooth at low volumes. Has anyone else had this issue and is there any solution?

Thanks. 

Wbama, 

go back about 4-5 pages and read to current, a couple of people have noted this and its known to Malibu. Make your dealer aware of it and have them reach out to Malibu. 

On 9/27/2016 at 4:41 PM, teamerickson said:

Today I went down and plugged in my iPhone to play music. A little buggy. Took about 2 minutes to finally recognize and start playing. Then at low volume it seemed like it was skipping or cutting out some.

Maybe someone has a different experience?

So it looks like we might be able to play iPhones through the USB with out a special adapter now?

On 3/20/2017 at 4:47 PM, mikeakatex5 said:

My dealer informed me that the low volume music dropout issue is due to the tuning of the Wetsounds amp.  They contacted Malibu which aknowledged the problem but said it was a Wetsounds issue.  Apparently Malibu also mentioned that adjusting the settings on the amps may correct the issue but would void the warranty.  Sooo... I'm not allowed to fix it :lame:

On 3/21/2017 at 11:12 AM, bbattiste247 said:

Took my 2017 23 lsv out this past weekend for the first time, and I was not as impressed with the Wetsounds stereo as I though I was going to be. I like the mixer and EQ selections on the screen, but I couldn't get them to coordinate the way I expected. When I try to raise the volume of the the tower speakers and lower interior volume, the two seem to want to sync together. So when I raise one and lower the other, it doesn't allow it; it just raises or lowers the two together. Also, the sport knob does not work like I expected. Sometimes it lowers the volume only of the tower or interior, instead of the entire system. I think I need to learn how to use it better. Although it looks very intuitive, it is more difficult to operate than I thought. It may also need an software update, cuz it just doesn't work like it should.

16 hours ago, wbama387 said:

So I got my new 17 LSV and I am having audio cut outs through Bluetooth at low volumes. Has anyone else had this issue and is there any solution?

Thanks. 

Here we go... 

• Like 3
ahopkins22LSV
47 minutes ago, wbama387 said:

It really stinks Malibu is not going to do anything to resolve this. I don't understand why they won't when they know it is an issue.

And correct me if I am wrong but it sounded like from the above posts that it's a WetSounds issue with the amp output at low volumes? It also sounds as if both companies are aware. An update may still be coming if they are working on it. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

And correct me if I am wrong but it sounded like from the above posts that it's a WetSounds issue with the amp output at low volumes? It also sounds as if both companies are aware. An update may still be coming if they are working on it. 

Lets break the system down first. We have amps, speakers and a woofer, supplied by one aftermarket company. We have an integrated head unit/source/media unit including blue tooth, supplied by a 2nd aftermarket company. 

First, the root issue needs to be verified. it does sound plausible that the IF the amps are set to an audio-sense turn-on, then a low volume BT output could be low enough for the amp to sense no input and shut off as if the system was indeed off. This could be a resolution put fourth by the amp manufacture or if could be by the helm control manufacturer that has the BT and main source unit integrated into their system.

ahopkins22LSV
1 hour ago, MLA said:

Lets break the system down first. We have amps, speakers and a woofer, supplied by one aftermarket company. We have an integrated head unit/source/media unit including blue tooth, supplied by a 2nd aftermarket company. 

First, the root issue needs to be verified. it does sound plausible that the IF the amps are set to an audio-sense turn-on, then a low volume BT output could be low enough for the amp to sense no input and shut off as if the system was indeed off. This could be a resolution put fourth by the amp manufacture or if could be by the helm control manufacturer that has the BT and main source unit integrated into their system.

I wasn't pointing the finger at anyone. I don't have a 2017 boat. All I was doing to restating what was said earlier. Whether or not that's the true root cause, we don't know yet.

If you would like we could open a 8D to truly define the problem, identify any other risks, contain the problem, make hypotheses on non detection and occurrence causes, prove or disprove the hypotheses, development permanent corrective action, prove our effectiveness, then document our lessons learned. 

Or arm chair quarterback it ;)

Edited by ahopkinsTXi
4 minutes ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

I wasn't pointing the finger at anyone. I don't have a 2017 boat. All I was doing to restating what was said earlier. Whether or not that's the true root cause, we don't know yet.

If you would like we could open a 8D to truly define the problem, identify any other risks, contain the problem, make hypotheses on non decrecrion and occurrence causes, prove or disprove the hypotheses, development permanent corrective action, prove our effectiveness, then document our lessons learned. 

Or arm chair quarterback it ;)

Nah, lets just point fingers, its more entertaining :whistle:

My boat stereo sounds great, super loud, and I have had no issues integrating thru blue tooth.

My only complaint so far with the stereo is the integration when plugged in to the USB. Still playing with it, but I have noticed i still have to scroll thru the ipod to select music.... just like the old boat. Even if we use a USB drive, I cannot see the folders of music, and it is buggy. Hopefully I can figure it out. In any of our vehicles we can certainly scroll thru the music on the screen, and since this boat is a 2017, I just assumed it would do the same.

Of course, like others,  on the test drive I only used bluetooth.

I think with USB you can only skip tracks similar to Bluetooth. I don't think Malibu wants to pay for full functionality. 

Edited by teamerickson
1 hour ago, teamerickson said:

I think with USB you can only skip tracks similar to Bluetooth. I don't think Malibu wants to pay for full functionality. 

I thought I just did ! :rockon:

I just picked up my 2017 23 lsv and the interior speakers work for only about 5 minutes and then shut off. They turn on and off intermittently, being off most of the time. I rode on a 2017 25 lsv and the owner is having the exact same problem. The tower speakers work fine, but the interiors will shut off and stay off for long periods of time. We both have troubleshot with no solution. Anyone else having this problem?

15 hours ago, wbama387 said:

It really stinks Malibu is not going to do anything to resolve this. I don't understand why they won't when they know it is an issue.

Are you going to have that amp reprogrammed to run Rev10's?

8 hours ago, bbattiste247 said:

I just picked up my 2017 23 lsv and the interior speakers work for only about 5 minutes and then shut off. They turn on and off intermittently, being off most of the time. I rode on a 2017 25 lsv and the owner is having the exact same problem. The tower speakers work fine, but the interiors will shut off and stay off for long periods of time. We both have troubleshot with no solution. Anyone else having this problem?

Dealer needs to check to make sure the amp has the correct program loaded into it.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ConnollyCrew said:

Are you going to have that amp reprogrammed to run Rev10's?

I am not. I will be using the SD6 to run the rev 10's and XS-12.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, mrnate450r said:

Can that be done?

Yup. Mine was reprogrammed to run 400 rms to each can for Rev10's. It screams.

Edited by ConnollyCrew
  • Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone had the Bluetooh issues resolved yet? I will be taking delivery of my boat in a few weeks and I am a bit concerned about this.

Has anyone verified for sure if the wet sounds RGB rings for interior speakers will fit our boats? I know the tower will not work.

Regards,

@wetsounds1 can you address the cutout at low volumes.  My boat(2017 22 VLX) has the issue and it is pretty bad.  Is a solution being worked on?  

Also, my boat has 4 8" main cabin speakers and 4 6.5" speakers in the walk through and bow running off the same amp.. are all 8 speakers receiving the same wattage at the same frequency cut off?  Seems like that would be silly as the amp would have to be tuned at the maximum capability of the 6.5" speaker.  

11 minutes ago, Lees23 said:

Seems like that would be silly as the amp would have to be tuned at the maximum capability of the 6.5" speaker

With a 4 or 6 chnl amp, you can wire the larger and smaller speakers to different channels from each other. These different channels are in pairs as it goes controls wise. So the larger and smaller speakers can be tuned independent of each other, even though they are technically on the same amp. 

Having said that. Depending on the amp, the speakers, their location, sub woofer alignment and the overall system design, the gain and cross-over of the small and larger speakers, could possibly end up at the same points. The cross over is not only taken into account by the speaker size, but also influenced by the woofer setup. If the amp's output does not exceed the smaller speaker's thermal handling, then no reason to under gain it simply because its the smaller speaker. There may be other reasons to gain it down though. 

On 4/7/2017 at 0:46 PM, Bmckevs said:

Has anyone had the Bluetooh issues resolved yet? I will be taking delivery of my boat in a few weeks and I am a bit concerned about this.

Has anyone verified for sure if the wet sounds RGB rings for interior speakers will fit our boats? I know the tower will not work.

Regards,

I have not had the issue at all. Maybe I just play it loud all the time!