Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

17 22 MXZ

ConnollyCrew

Just now, ahopkinsTXi said:

Yes it is!

And is that time read from your Bluetooth device?  Mine does that but only when the stereo is off.  I wish they would update the software to do it like your photo but am guessing the software on the MXZ is different than the LSV. 

Just now, hethj7 said:

And is that time read from your Bluetooth device?  Mine does that but only when the stereo is off.  I wish they would update the software to do it like your photo but am guessing the software on the MXZ is different than the LSV. 

Yep, was streaming from my iphone.

43 minutes ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

Honestly I don't know. Why wouldn't you just stream it for your phone regardless?

I would, but I know people that prefer to play via USB. It just seems odd to me that not a single USB port will read music.

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, teamerickson said:

I know? Isn't there a adapter so you can use the iPhone in the glove box?

I've read that some boats came with one while others didn't. Mine didn't. Besides, why do we need an adapter just to plug in an iPod/iPhone and listen to music? USB ports are pretty standard so I don't get why there wouldn't be a usable one

1 hour ago, devklee said:

I've read that some boats came with one while others didn't. Mine didn't. Besides, why do we need an adapter just to plug in an iPod/iPhone and listen to music? USB ports are pretty standard so I don't get why there wouldn't be a usable one

With the RF black boxes, there was a port that looked like an S Video cable input for the iPod or phone, but the 16s did not come with the cable.  You have to pay apple a fee to use their tech which allows straight USB to lightning cable hook up and audio control, which Malibu did for 17 with the new integrated stereo.  

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 9:10 PM, tjklein said:

Man, you and I have the exact same assessment.  Right now I'm in a 2014 LSV...of course that's at the dealer cause I'm ordering a new 22mxz.

There is a way to integrate the stereo black box into your build.  I talked to some stereo people and Tim at Wet Sounds.

A couple people mentioned this, but I would skip the fold out surf seat.  Not a fan and all 3 people at my dealer said it was an overrated option as well.

How would you compare stock PNP surf wave compared to a slammed 23 LSV (height, length, lip, push)?  Cockpit seem much smaller than your boat?  @tjklein @ConnollyCrew

All this hype making me think demo in the near future...............

• Like 2
41 minutes ago, dealjb said:

How would you compare stock PNP surf wave compared to a slammed 23 LSV (height, length, lip, push)?  Cockpit seem much smaller than your boat?  @tjklein @ConnollyCrew

SMG had 2 in stock both sold before I could demo... I am very anxious to demo this boat... come down dealjb and we demo together :cheers:

I saw a pic of the surfwave and for 500 pnp additional in lockers... it was impressive... but a pic is not worth a thousand words till I try it under my feet ;)

Just now, kerpluxal said:

SMG had 2 in stock both sold before I could demo... I am very anxious to demo this boat... come down dealjb and we demo together :cheers:

I saw a pic of the surfwave and for 500 pnp additional in lockers... it was impressive... but a pic is not worth a thousand words till I try it under my feet ;)

I'm always up for a surf session and an adult beverage. 

• Like 3
9 hours ago, Fman said:

It needs a G4 with PTM racks then it officially hits baller status! :-)

G4 is nice, but the new G3.5 looks more like the PTM and the handles are a snap.  I have no need for towing with the tower, down.  If I needed to tow with it down or garage clearance, G4 would be the way to go.

But if you're in SoCal, we can take set with it ;)

6 hours ago, dealjb said:

It is a different wake for sure. It was more than if enough to drop back, gain speed and fly in for a trick. I can tell you that the 3 seemed easier, almost like the wake was flatter over a larger area. It was much different that the 23. 

I can tell you that after demo that I could see myself in an MXZ for sure with the new hull. After being back in my 23 last weekend I am going with another 23. I just can't swap for a smaller less luxurious cockpit. That is a deal breaker for me. 

Have fun on the demo and happy boating!

19 minutes ago, ConnollyCrew said:

It is a different wake for sure. It was more than if enough to drop back, gain speed and fly in for a trick. I can tell you that the 3 seemed easier, almost like the wake was flatter over a larger area. It was much different that the 23. 

I can tell you that after demo that I could see myself in an MXZ for sure with the new hull. After being back in my 23 last weekend I am going with another 23. I just can't swap for a smaller less luxurious cockpit. That is a deal breaker for me. 

Have fun on the demo and happy boating!

Perfect assessment of the wave.  It's wider.  I think it will be just as good as a 23...just different.  The 360 seemed way easier on the MXZ.

how do you consider the 23 more luxurious?  It's a bigger cabin but the build quality seems cheaper on the 23 design.  (It is for sure.). I think the next 23 will update to the new standards.  The MXZ is just more refined when comparing 17 to 17 imo.

On 9/25/2016 at 10:02 PM, wakebrdr94 said:

With the RF black boxes, there was a port that looked like an S Video cable input for the iPod or phone, but the 16s did not come with the cable.  You have to pay apple a fee to use their tech which allows straight USB to lightning cable hook up and audio control, which Malibu did for 17 with the new integrated stereo.  

Today I went down and plugged in my iPhone to play music. A little buggy. Took about 2 minutes to finally recognize and start playing. Then at low volume it seemed like it was skipping or cutting out some.

Maybe someone has a different experience?

Edited by teamerickson
2 hours ago, teamerickson said:

Today I went down and plugged in my iPhone to play music. A little buggy. Took about 2 minutes to finally recognize and start playing. Then at low volume it seemed like it was skipping or cutting out some.

Maybe someone has a different experience?

The only experience I had was my demo. The bt we used sounded baaaddd. I am accustom to the rf single added to my black box, it is money. Maybe this can be added to the 17's as well?

On 9/26/2016 at 5:32 PM, wakebrdr94 said:

G4 is nice, but the new G3.5 looks more like the PTM and the handles are a snap.  I have no need for towing with the tower, down.  If I needed to tow with it down or garage clearance, G4 would be the way to go.

But if you're in SoCal, we can take set with it ;)

I also prefer the speaker placement on the G4, tired of having those lower cans blast people in the rear seat.  Along with the bimini style.  I don't think anyone needs to tow with a tower down but having the ability to do this adds another option, especially to create less drag and avoid all those pesky bugs splattering all over it.  The ptm clamping racks also are so much nicer than the bungie cord style.  The G4 definitely has grown on me, I really like the overall look, probably my one regret on my 2015 I did not have.  Would probably not have sold that boat if I had the G4.

If the G4 had the option for a tower mount mirror, then maybe.  Clamping racks can work on either tower and speakers can be placed on the "hoop" bar.  

Im not saying it's not a sweet tower, it is for sure, but the mirror mount kills the deal for me.  I hate mirrors on the windshield. 

Can we go back to the main topic ?? 17 22 MXZ ?  and create another topic for G4 tower, windshield, tower mirror, or whatever...

Thanks guy I want info about the wake for surfing, test, video, etc with this new boat. Other stuffs are identical on every boats

8 hours ago, smooky said:

Can we go back to the main topic ?? 17 22 MXZ ?  and create another topic for G4 tower, windshield, tower mirror, or whatever...

Thanks guy I want info about the wake for surfing, test, video, etc with this new boat. Other stuffs are identical on every boats

I would not buy this wake it if you can't handle a beefy very rampy wake. It is beautiful but very steep wakeboard wake. I wish I had added bow weight to see if I could mellow it out, make a smoother transition. Surf wake is different than any malibu I've ever been on. It was very flat and long. 

I liked the 22 very much and walked away impressed with the wake capability. With small Childeren I am choosing another 23 as the wakeboard wake has a much more mellow transition. Good luck! ? 

Surf wake with full mls and 450 plug n plays.

Edited by ConnollyCrew
  • Like 2
Just now, ConnollyCrew said:

I would not buy this wake it if you can't handle a beefy very rampy wake. It is beautiful but very steep wakeboard wake. 

Agreed. It was really beefy and rampy- I rode at 75 feet and could have really easily bumped it out to 80-85 and wouldn't have had an issue. I typically ride at 70-75max.

• Like 1