Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Exile STX9Q - Which bracket for 1 pr. G3.2 tower

pauley71

I know that several folks recommend the dual mount even if you want only one pair of Wetsounds b/c it tucks the speaker higher in the bimini canopy.  Is the same true for the Exile.  I only want one pair of the surf speakers but would like them mounted higher.  TIA

Yes, if you want them high you are going to need the double mount.

BE6968B0-4B9F-454C-8C35-0C602458D053_zps

With the newer bimini's the top spot doesn't work as well though. You just end up with the speakers blasting into it or pointing down at the people in the back.

Edited by KeepingupwiththeJones

Im not sure anyone understands what your actual question is, i dont. Wet Sounds offers an 8" speaker, exile offers an 8" speaker. Wet sounds offers a dual mount bracket and the exile is almost identical. Wet Sounds offers a single pod mount for the G3 and so does exile. 

Have you reached out to your local exile dealer/installer to get their input on the difference between using the single mounts and dual mounts? 

15 hours ago, pauley71 said:

crickets?  That's the same answer i got from support@exile as well  :(

@IXFE can you answer this?  You went all Exile this time around right?

In the past, I never had trouble with the speakers in the upper location.  Here's a pic of my '13 VLX with G3 tower.  If I was only going to run one pair, I'd still get the dual mount so that I could easily add a second pair later.  I think it's wise to keep that option open.  

I've never run the single mount bracket, so I'm not entirely sure where it places the speaker.  

20130824_112831_zpsdf55eeb4.jpg

IXFE - good advice!  If I wire the two speaker locations in parallel .. I guess I get the option of doing either (since they are quick release)?  By the look of the single mount, it places the speaker in just about the same location as the bottom mount on the dual.  

@IXFE did the Bimini on the 13's dip down in the back like the 15's? I was under the impression they got a little longer and lower.

@Fman modded his poles to help get the back of the Bimini up higher.

I am no help on the wiring but a call to exile should get you an answer.

3 hours ago, KeepingupwiththeJones said:

@IXFE did the Bimini on the 13's dip down in the back like the 15's? I was under the impression they got a little longer and lower.

@Fman modded his poles to help get the back of the Bimini up higher.

I am no help on the wiring but a call to exile should get you an answer.

I don't know... my memory is not that long. Lol

However, I do know that on my '14 LSV I also ran four Exile speakers and that boat had the G3 tower as well. Same thing... I don't recall any issues with my Bimini.  Maybe the Bimini has gotten bigger since 2014. Dunno. 

I do know this... Nothing would stop me from running four cans... I'd figure out a way to make it happen. It's worth the small inconvenience, IMHO.