Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2010 VLX Front Ballast Fill Pump Location

exlonghorn

My 2010 VLX stopped filling the front ballast tank.  Front ballast drain pump works fine, as do all the other ballast drains and fills.  Can anyone tell me where the front ballast tank pump is located?  Thanks!

Edited by exlonghorn

It should be in the little hatch right between the console and observers seat.  Some have snap in carpet you need to pull back past the drivers seat to unscrew a round black access panel, others with permanent carpet you can see the hatch to the left of drivers seat.

12 minutes ago, jwl019 said:

It should be in the little hatch right between the console and observers seat.  Some have snap in carpet you need to pull back past the drivers seat to unscrew a round black access panel, others with permanent carpet you can see the hatch to the left of drivers seat.

Thanks very much!  Don't know why I didn't think to look there.  Guess with the carpet over it, out of sight, out of mind.

17 minutes ago, jwl019 said:

By the way, nice boat...similar color scheme. :)  Just spent 3 hours last night removing water spots and waxing ...the joys of a black boat.

• Like 2

The plot thickens...

Turns out that the front fill and drain pumps aren't working because they are only getting 11.5V as measured on a multimeter.  If I connect them directly to a 12V battery having 12.3V, the motor will spin.  Interesting because all the other drain and fill pumps are working.  I am getting occasional low voltage alarms on the water, and the MaliView only shows around 10.6V on the trailer with the key turmed tp ACC and the engine and stereo off.  Again interesting because any individual battery (there are 5) is reading over 12V and is being recharged adequately by the alternator.  Sounds like a grounding problem somewhere, or a bad connection...can't figure out why its only affecting the Front ballast though, and yet also throwing the low voltage alarms.  This is just about the worst kind of electrical gremlin.  I recently rewired the entire battery setup hoping to fix the issue, to no avail.