Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Reasonable board shorts?

Arick

I'm seeking an alternative to the local mall/board stores that sell $70 a pair board shorts.  Looking to get something that stretches and is comfortable without breaking the bank.  Where do you guys get your board shorts from?

Wal Mart right now has some nice wet or dry shorts for about 17 bucks that are very stretchy. I forgot my swim shorts last weekend at the lake. I got a pair and really like them. Right by the swimsuits.

I have two pairs of these in different colors, extremely durable and flattering (girlish term, but you get what I mean). Not stretchy though. https://www.amazon.com/Hurley-Mens-Phantom-Boardshort-Black/dp/B00EZDK4GS/ref=sr_1_1?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1465940064&sr=1-1&nodeID=14292191&keywords=hurley+boardshorts

Here is what the Wal Mart type was an Homage to: https://www.amazon.com/RVCA-M5114BEN-470-Rvca-28-Blue/dp/B00NWPIF8E/ref=sr_1_1?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1465940273&sr=1-1&nodeID=14292191&keywords=stretch+board+shorts

39 minutes ago, Arick said:

I'm seeking an alternative to the local mall/board stores that sell $70 a pair board shorts.  Looking to get something that stretches and is comfortable without breaking the bank.  Where do you guys get your board shorts from?

Check out Nordstrom Rack out by West Towne Mall, you can get name brands (Quiksilver, Hurley, Billabong, Ripcurl, others) usually around $25-$30 a pair.  Finding a size/colors your like is sometimes hit or miss, but generally you can find something decent.

Personally, I am a huge fan of Ripcurl's Mirage shorts.  They seem to fit me the best of any of the brands and are comfy.  They have a velcro shut pocket on the back and dry fast.  

Here is a link to all their brands/options, simply go in to the store at West Towne, find your size/brand, order online if they don't have the color you want!  

https://www.nordstromrack.com/shop/Men/Clothing/Swimwear/Board%20Short

• Like 2

^^ Was also going to say I stopped at the Fox outlet store in Oshkosh, but you only get a deal if you buy more than one of anything. And the deals are not all compatible with each other. Try to bring your girl or a friend with you if you go there. 

CIRE !!!! Their 4-way stretch shorts are the best ever! 

Sign up for their emails, they often have sales for $25 on everything they sell.

• Like 2

I tend to find some at Marshalls.  I've picked up some Hurley Phantoms for 30$.  Pac Sun usually runs a buy 1 get one free sale, or buy one get one 50% off.  They stock some good brands, from wild to tame.  

Over in Milwaukee we have TJ Max.  I've picked up some really nice Hurley boardshorts there in the middle of the summer.  Not sure if you guys have that over in Madison.

15 hours ago, BadgerBoater55 said:

Check out Nordstrom Rack out by West Towne Mall, you can get name brands (Quiksilver, Hurley, Billabong, Ripcurl, others) usually around $25-$30 a pair.  Finding a size/colors your like is sometimes hit or miss, but generally you can find something decent.

Personally, I am a huge fan of Ripcurl's Mirage shorts.  They seem to fit me the best of any of the brands and are comfy.  They have a velcro shut pocket on the back and dry fast.  

Here is a link to all their brands/options, simply go in to the store at West Towne, find your size/brand, order online if they don't have the color you want!  

https://www.nordstromrack.com/shop/Men/Clothing/Swimwear/Board%20Short

Nordstrom Rack is great but I've checked it out and they don't have much for the stretch style of boardshorts.   Good idea though!

15 hours ago, Josh4mc said:

I'm not much for the hybrid shorts.  

13 hours ago, h2oratJR said:

Just can't do fox racing.

11 hours ago, onwi said:

Over in Milwaukee we have TJ Max.  I've picked up some really nice Hurley boardshorts there in the middle of the summer.  Not sure if you guys have that over in Madison.

My problem with TJ Max is they usually don't have the size I need.  I'm XL and it seems to be pretty picked over, atleast over here

7 hours ago, Bill_AirJunky said:

6pm.com.   :yahoo:

Can I click on that at work?!? haha, but seriously?

@Arick

I've purchased 32s to 34s at tj max. Not sure on other sizes. That place is always draw of the luck and some are better than others. 

Otherwise I use zappos.com. 

pac sun has bogo deals every once in a while on shorts. I have wearing hurley for the last for years and absolutely love them, very comfortable and great 4 way stretch.

Edited by asp13
23 hours ago, isellacuras said:

I watch Amazon for the hyper freak oneil board shorts. I try to keep prices below $40. I usually find a couple pair per year. 

Cause they're legiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Love my o'neils. 
Hurley, Volcom, RVCA, Quicksilver... anything that's a hybrid I'm all on board.

Just can't do those "sky's out, thighs out" short bathing suits that these west coast millennials are trying to bring back in style.
Caddyshack was a great movie, but the shorts that were in it........... not so much.