Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Reasonable board shorts?

Arick

FYI, my main reason for the O'Neils is that they are a hybrid, but also have a drawstring on the inside in case you lost 2-3 lbs of that beer gut from before boarding season started.... 

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, Pnwrider said:

^^^ I don't know if I'd listen to this guy. I mean he paints his toenails and has a purple ski vest. 

Oh we're dragging that message thread in here, huh? Lol 

At least I know how to handle my own neighborly revenge and not get caught scoping it out. You're as covert as a hot pink unicorn cross dresser.

• Like 2
49 minutes ago, ibelonginprison said:

At least I know how to handle my own neighborly revenge and not get caught scoping it out. You're as covert as a hot pink unicorn cross dresser.

I'm moving, it's cool (and I am not dumb enough to post what I really did here or in this so called message thread you brought up). Just wanted to let these guys know they're taking advice from a guy with long hair and a purple vest is all. 

Fwiw, I liked the costco hybrid board shots I got at the recommendation of a similar thread. 

JCPenny.  i stopped there last weekend and they had tons, and while a lot of them aren't my style there was one brand that look great and were $19.  tons of different colors, i bought 3 pairs to stock up.  this is coming from someone who thought i had to buy hurley or reef to get a nice pair.

Check out:

www.steepandcheap.com

www.theclymb.com

Both are discount places and have everything outdoors. I've found that RVCA and VISSLA work the best for me and I can usually find them there for $30. I also shop directly on RVCA's website as they have a clearance section where everything is 50% or so off. This might work for other brands as well.

TJ Maxx and Costco (sometimes, I got $20 hybrid 4-way stretch shorts there)

Online, check whiskeymilitia.com Hit the "Private Stash" tab. The inventory and categories change, but they usually have some boardshorts up.

15 hours ago, ibelonginprison said:

14 hours ago, Pnwrider said:

I'm moving, it's cool (and I am not dumb enough to post what I really did here or in this so called message thread you brought up). Just wanted to let these guys know they're taking advice from a guy with long hair and a purple vest is all. 

Fwiw, I liked the costco hybrid board shots I got at the recommendation of a similar thread. 

15yg7u.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks all! I ended up getting some from 6pm.com and cirewear.com.  A lot of great sites, I just found what I liked first on these sites.  

Also was at Dicks Sporting goods the other day and they had 25% board shorts.  However they didn't have any left in my size.

for future reference, ten-80 has historically had VERY good black friday sales.  Like 80% off of everything, with free shipping once you hit $100.  For $100 you get a whole summer wardrobe, and you can give it to yourself for christmas.

picked up a few pairs of Clothin board shorts from amazon. Starting at $10 and never higher then $20. Real comfortable and hold up to salt and lake water great. Can wear these all day without any discomfort. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, ctvandy23 said:

My wife handles this line of board shorts.  I have several pair and they have held up well. I am told that  you will be reimbursed if you give a review.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01B52IQT8/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1472558104&sr=8-4&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=dahui&dpPl=1&dpID=51iglOuQuIL&ref=plSrch

I get these at Costco. Have 2 pairs (olive camo and grey), they rock!

Edited by boardjnky4

I'm a die hard O'neill boardshorts guy and my wife came home from Costco with a pair of those Dahui's for me. I wasn't super stoked on the idea of Costco boardshorts at first, but I love those things! Totally comparable to my Jordy Freaks but with nice slim pockets and a very good zipper. I don't even care that everyone else is wearing them. I prefer them over another pair of O'neill hybrids that I own.

Edited by Porkfight

I just picked up a pair of the Oneill hybrid shorts off amazon for $24 shipped to my door. I loved my first pair and I sadly dropped like 45+ on them while on vacation. Only pit fall is at this price i might only be wearing hybrid shorts going fwd!

The Rip Curl hybrids are also REALLY awesome and usually available < $40.  If you're in SoCal the outlet in San Clemente usually has  them for $25 and sometimes cheaper.

Patagonia  stretch boardshorts are the stuff. I wear mine A LOT during the year.   If you look at how much money we spend on boats, saving $25 on my water wear isn't on my list, especially for the amount of use involved.