Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Not starting

On the water today I fired up our 2002 Supra Santeria. I instantly knew something wasn't right. It had bad vibration at idle speed. It was knocking like it was low on oil. (That wasn't the case). When I tried to get going, we were cruising at about 20-25 mph. You could feel it like stuttering. We stopped and I checked to see what the problem was. In neutral I reved up the RPMs and the engine sounder really smooth. It definitely didnt have the hole shot either. After sitting for about 5 min. I went to turn it over and it wouldn't fire. Turned over just fine. Just didn't pop. I could understand vapor lock or something but why the knocking at idle speed and the powerless hole shot. Someone PLEASE hell me diagnose.

first splash of the summer?

• did the fuel get stabilizer at lay-up?
  • spark plug wires put in the right place upon new plugs at lay-up?

or has it run right since pulling out of the barn?

• looked at the distributor/rotor?
  • all spark plug wires attached and not arcing
  • consider pulling the spark plugs and turning it over to see if it's pumping water out of the cylendars (ie. hydro lock or head gasket).

no start trouble-shooting doc

Check the plugs, sounds like they are fouled.  Was fogging oil sprayed in the cylinders?

If they are fine, check the rotor cap....