Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

First Malibu... First Post....

wakepro23

Looks like it is in great shape, enjoy! you can toss some sacks in the back and sides for wakeboarding.

• Like 2

Wow.  Its in great shape, Congrats.  We've been wakeboarding behind my brother-in-laws 1997 Echelon with no bags for years now and even with a smaller wake we've had a ton of fun (and not ended up in the hospital, yet). 

1 hour ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

Great looking skier!! Hard to find them in that shape, or did you do a lot of work to it?

Well... I searched and searched online found that one about 4.5 hours from my house... It was in real good shape, I've just waxed the gel coat and conditioned the vinyl with 3M cleaner, and re conditioned/sealed the Teak platform... minor work on the trailer and its pretty much good to go for the summer! Thanks for the comments! 

35 minutes ago, Steve B. said:

Congrats and welcome. That boat looks like new !  Did you replace the carpeting?

Steve B.

Thanks Steve! Carpet has not been replaced, and is in great shape, no tears rips or wear marks.

Edited by wakepro23
2 hours ago, 90oldskool said:

welcome! I have a 1990 skier as well, love the boat!!

20160507_123131-1_1.jpg

FB_IMG_1463856700798-1.jpg

Nice boat! What tower is on that? I think that I will be adding one at some point this summer.

2 hours ago, Michigan boarder said:

Nice boat!  How many hours?

Thanks! There are 1009.

its a "big air tower" , came on the boat. Wouldn't recommend it tho. shakes a lot and is noisy when it is not pulling someone . Works fine but there are better towers on the market 

• 3 weeks later...

Great to see other people enjoying their Skier's. I bought a 1990 skier last year that was in pretty rough shape and basically took it down to the stringers. Just installed a perfect pass about a month ago and couldn't be happier with the consistent tow.

I have recently had a 540lb fat sat with the back seat out last weekend and the wake was actually not too bad for wake boarding. Do any of you guys have any experience surfing behind the boat? And if so what are you guys doing to optimize the wake?

10 hours ago, Kstai102 said:

Great to see other people enjoying their Skier's. I bought a 1990 skier last year that was in pretty rough shape and basically took it down to the stringers. Just installed a perfect pass about a month ago and couldn't be happier with the consistent tow.

I have recently had a 540lb fat sat with the back seat out last weekend and the wake was actually not too bad for wake boarding. Do any of you guys have any experience surfing behind the boat? And if so what are you guys doing to optimize the wake?

Thanks!! The boats primary use is wakeboarding and wakeskating.  I have a fly high pole setup and 700LB total weight, (350 each side). I can't speak on the surfing as it has not been tried yet, but the wake for boarding has been great thus far!

Beautiful Boat, beautiful classic!  Theses skiers have a real warm spot with me.

love the colors!  Congrats on a great find and welcome to the crew!

Edited by Dare2goBare
  • 3 months later...
On June 17, 2016 at 8:55 AM, 90oldskool said:

the guy notes there is two 500lb sacs

Looks great! We were out a few weeks ago and had a decent wave with two fat sacks "L"d to on the passenger side, however we had too small of a surfboard for the size of wake. Season is done now (In Canada) so I'll have to see if a bigger board will work for next year.