Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What's new for 2017

Diesel86

6 hours ago, BadgerBoater55 said:

I am not acclimated at all... I can't afford a $79k boat either.  I am just saying what the reality of the situation is if you are getting into a Malibu.  Sure you can get an Axis or other brands for less.  I find it extremely disappointing how expensive it is to own a boat.  Until I can afford it, I am stuck trying to hitch a tow whenever I can. I think the consensus on this forum is boat prices are escalating to out-of-control numbers... But until the bubble pops, it is what it is.  Not trying to sound defensive or anything, I think you are definitely spot on with some people's thought process.  Hell, the M235 was made the way it is to be exclusive based on price point.

I tried to be clear that I was really not directing it towards you, you just happened to put it in words in this thread. All is good.

22 minutes ago, 85 Barefoot said:

Irony is that even during the depths of the recession you were better off buying boats than staying in the market (real estate or otherwise).  Our old rlxi sold 2 years ago for exactly what I sold it to that guy for 7 years prior.  Malibus are like gold bullion.  That's what I tell my wife anyway...:rofl:

Even my old Echelon is worth double what I paid seven years later...if I sell it I may never catch up to the train again!

Edited by jk13
  • Like 1

Love the look of the new MXZ. However, anyone else have a problem with how busy the interior looks? Lines just going everywhere for no good reason.

It does peak my interest.

8 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Keep waiting on that Bubble to pop and you will not get a new boat, ever...

This bubble has been building since I have been in a new Malibu, that was '01. I'm sure there are others here that have been buying longer than that. The prices have climbed steadily every year. You may get years where recreational spending is down and boat sales are down but you're not going to see the new prices go down Or stay the same in consecutive years.

I know the VTX jumped like $10-15k from 2015-2016.  We were about to order a 2016 VTX when we found out we could get a leftover/demo 2015 for about the same price.  I think a new 2016 VTX was around $85k :Tease3:

5 hours ago, Suggy said:

I know the VTX jumped like $10-15k from 2015-2016.  We were about to order a 2016 VTX when we found out we could get a leftover/demo 2015 for about the same price.  I think a new 2016 VTX was around $85k :Tease3:

In Australia the 2016 VTX starts at about 75k USD and about 97k USD optioned up....

1 hour ago, AussieSkier said:

In Australia the 2016 VTX starts at about 75k USD and about 97k USD optioned up....

Yup exactly! So I did remember correctly and it was probably around $85k for a decent optioned VTX, probably closer to $90k, especially if you want an engine upgrade.

Just now, Suggy said:

Yup exactly! So I did remember correctly and it was probably around $85k for a decent optioned VTX, probably closer to $90k, especially if you want an engine upgrade.

At 97k USD won't even get you an engine upgrade in Aus. Add 7k. That's 136k Aus dollars.....

19 hours ago, Suggy said:

I'm confused, you paid $85k for a demo 2015?  And could have had a new 2016 at the same price?

Agreed re the grilles.  Kinda wonder how they're gonna look in 6-8 years.  They feel a bit like the mid-2000s sony stuff to me.... which looks SUPER dated when you see it now.

Best grilles have to go to the JL MX series (sport).  I think the rockford grilles are pretty classy and timeless looking too (while also keeping your buddy's kid from sticking his finger through your speaker).

ahopkins22LSV
3 hours ago, IXFE said:

Am I the only one not loving those Wetsounds grills?  They look like airplane propellers.  

Agreed! They sound good but I can't stand the look. 

1 hour ago, hethj7 said:

Grab handles are billet in the 16 I believe.  

Very possible I am wrong... I guess the only 16's I saw had the old handles, that was from the boat shows and a couple others I have been around. Maybe it is standard now instead of an option?  Again, possible I am wrong.

1 hour ago, BadgerBoater55 said:

Very possible I am wrong... I guess the only 16's I saw had the old handles, that was from the boat shows and a couple others I have been around. Maybe it is standard now instead of an option?  Again, possible I am wrong.

I think this was one of those mid-cycle changes that occurred during MY '16.

I'd like to hear whether the ballast changes on the new MXZ are coming to the VLX and LSV...  Why are so few new boats ordered with the surf pipe?  Seems like it should be a popular option.

2 hours ago, Cory said:

I'd like to hear whether the ballast changes on the new MXZ are coming to the VLX and LSV...  Why are so few new boats ordered with the surf pipe?  Seems like it should be a popular option.

The surf pipe was a mid season add. I got it on my 16 and love it. I'm guessing there will be more in '17. 

5 hours ago, BadgerBoater55 said:

I don't know for sure as I haven't paid a ton of attention.  Here is the best shot I had of mine in the bow 

4B84F28A-B14A-4248-A875-8BF8E64C5DAD_zps

On 7/30/2016 at 8:36 PM, Sixer said:

I'm confused, you paid $85k for a demo 2015?  And could have had a new 2016 at the same price?

I should have clarified.  A new 2016 VTX or a demo 2015 VLX loaded out.

Another new LSV.  This one with the G3.5

Love this color combo!  I'm also really digging the Malibu logo on the side.  I was unsure at first, but it has grown on me. 

On July 28, 2016 at 5:34 PM, DatTexasBoy said:

Love the look of the new MXZ. However, anyone else have a problem with how busy the interior looks? Lines just going everywhere for no good reason.

It does peak my interest.

Surprised that you are considering a switch..... Care to share more????

• Like 1