Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Anyone replace cartridge filter on an Indmar Ford?

I'm getting ready to do mine. It seems the canister is rather high on the motor so I expect when the oil is drained it will be fairly empty. Is that true?  How much mess in removing the top?

Also, is it a 32mm oil filter nut?

Interesting that I ordered an Indmar filter from Bakes and got a Volvo brand filter. 

I screwed up when I did mine because I hadn't drained much of the oil out yet (you need a suction device to attach onto the hose that you feed out the rear drain plug! fyi) so of course I spilled some oil out of it then. After I drained though and opened up again it was simple and mess free. Don't know the size of the nut, I just used a crescent wrench.

It is the correct oil filter, I thought the same thing but upon removal of the old one, its the exact same.

Just like any boat engine. Drain/suck the oil out, then loosen the filter & put a 1 gallon zip lock baggie over the filter & unscrew it into the bag. Done right, any drips land in the bag. Then zip it up & pull the mess out.

these are cartridge filters Bill, you unscrew a lid then the filter comes out the top... not the typical spin on filter but I do like that idea!! never thought of doing that, will be great on the automobile oil changes