Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Oil won't drain

Went to change oil, ran the boat on the hose for about 15 min, shut it off, and the oil barely drips from the drain tube...any idea what could cause this? I opened the oil fill to vent, pulled dipstick tube etc, but I still only get a drop every few seconds. Gonna try a drill pump but not sure it's gonna work. Thanks 

Found kink in the hose. Now it's leaking, so I'll have to replace the hole thing I guess. Gonna be fun getting that fitting out. Seems like the hose is split right after the fitting 

3 hours ago, joshuadale07 said:

Found kink in the hose. Now it's leaking, so I'll have to replace the hole thing I guess. Gonna be fun getting that fitting out. Seems like the hose is split right after the fitting 

I don't envy you

4 hours ago, joshuadale07 said:

I had to put one of those fittings in a response, not a lot of fun or room to work. Does your boat have the one piece setup with banjo bolt/ end or the type with a 90 fitting on the pan so you can just unthread the hose?

It has the fitting where I could unthread the hose, it was easier taking the whole fitting off. It's fixed now. Hose had a split just past where it threads into the fitting. Oil everywhere, but it's fixed and cleaned up now. Definitely a tight space in there. 

Yeah can be a challenge for sure!  When I got my boat back from a rebuilt motor the first of two mechanics took out motor and set it on floor bending pan and stressing fitting.  When I picked up boat in pieces and brought it to next mechanic he straightened pan and then over tightened and broke fitting. I got boat back and  found this out when I moved drain hose a couple inches and half of fitting fell off and filled bilge with oil.  I then spent about 6-7 hours cutting and grinding down extractor and slipping around down there til I finally succeeded in removing the other half of the fitting.   Getting the new fitting and hose in was downhill after that ordeal.   A couple trips to the car wash a bottle of dish soap and some bilge cleaner and there still a little oil under my gas tank.  Good times