Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

anyone use new wake makers locker bags for 2016 23 LSV?

chrisnorem

What are you going to use the ballast for? If surfing, you'll likely want more weight.

I'm getting several of the same bags (their LBS bags) next week for my 2008 LSV and they're 910 lbs each for that locker size.

Are they telling you 25"wide or 25" high?

I have been led to believe that the WM custom bags hold closer to 1000 #'s of H2O. I am upgrading mine this spring to the WM bags as well as we surf a good bit. If you are going to surf and want the wake dialed in for that I would look at getting the 1000lb triangle to put in the bow also. Goosd luck and keep us posted!

Spencer recommended the 45" x 25" x 20" bags.

I had some delivered last week but have been busy. Going to try to get out and fill them up this weekend. Was a little nervous about being to wide.

I had some delivered last week but have been busy. Going to try to get out and fill them up this weekend. Was a little nervous about being to wide.

Same concern here, let me know how they fit if you try them out this weekend. I already have the engine divider braces too for my current 750s.

Wakemakers lists the 16 lsv as only the 630 bags fitting, not the 820's that are for the 14 and 15's. I wonder what is different in the 16'

I don't think anything's changed between years so maxing out at 630 doesn't sound right. I was in a 2016 in the fall and the lockers are the same as a 2015. The 820's are a bit underrated on actual weight too.

Wakemakers told me exactly the same as IXFE reported. Wakemakers thinks that if you use zero bow ballast, the ideal weight in the back lockers for maxing out the surf wake is only 630, so for the casual weekender, 630s are just right, even though they don't fill the compartment. They also said they had a scan of the entire compartment, and could make a custom bag that would fill the whole compartment.

I am going to try out my existing 1100's and see how they fit. If they don't work well, I will have 1100's for sale, and will be very interested in knowing when Wakemakers is going to have the "full" customs ready to ship (IXFE, did they give you a production date??).

I have the "New" bags ordered. I was told a couple of weeks before shipping when talking to them on another item earlier this week. These bags were referred as MaxCapacity/ExactFit by Wakemakers. They did do a Laser scan of the lockers and these bags are supposed to fill out the compartment without interfering with anything in the area. I think there were some issues with the transom tubs blocking the bags from filling and the engine side walls being different location. There are some changes in the fill/drain ports on the '16's too as I understand it. They did say that these bags will require extra bow weight to balance out the boat. As stated above, for the causal owner the small locker bags will work, to Max out the wake, these new bags are supposed to be it. Just plan on a bow sack in your shopping.

Im gonna go max on the 235 and I have a 1k bow bag. I agree with educating the buyer. I am still waiting to see what bags they recommend in the rear. (thats what she said)

I pitty the fisherman who buzzes me at 75mph in his nascar wrapped Triton.....

Great info. I'm the guy who does not want to mess with a bow triangle all the time even though I own one so the 630/800's should work fine for me. Once I can actually use it all and dial in I will post pics in the spring. So I'm clear. I am assuming the 630/800's are fine with the "stock" bow ballast tank filled? Or does zero bow weight mean no bow tank? I wouldn't think you would even get a 2016 LSV with out the bow tank.

Great info. I'm the guy who does not want to mess with a bow triangle all the time even though I own one so the 630/800's should work fine for me. Once I can actually use it all and dial in I will post pics in the spring. So I'm clear. I am assuming the 630/800's are fine with the "stock" bow ballast tank filled? Or does zero bow weight mean no bow tank? I wouldn't think you would even get a 2016 LSV with out the bow tank.

When we say "no bow ballast" in this context we're really referring to no additional bow ballast beyond stock hard tank. We assume everybody is running the hard tank full.

As to your situation, I am of the belief that if you don't have additional bow weight of any kind (i.e. people, sac, lead, etc) you should probably stick with the factory prescribed 550's for the rear lockers.

That said, there are so many other variables to consider. For example, when you surf are you gonna have the cabin weight biased towards the rear (i.e. Passengers all wanting to sit in the very back to be closer to the action)? Also, wedge setting comes into play.

If you don't have a bunch of fatties sitting in the rear corners and you run the wedge all the way down (i.e. least resistance), you'll probably be fine with the WM bags. If you can throw some people in the bow even better.

It's all about not running super nose high. Weight management is the name of the game.

So in other words, WM intentionally crippled the bags in order to satisfy the lowest common denominator. When I told them it would have been better to educate the buyers (or just sell them standard 750's at the half the cost which probably only fill to 600 anyway), they assured me that if you ask them they will still make the bags to the taller 2015 spec. That is exactly what I'm going to do.

Why do you say the 750's are actually 600?

I have SL Sumo's and I could have sworn I read where someone weighed most of the SL sacks and they were underrated and actually came in at a higher weight.

Why do you say the 750's are actually 600?

I have SL Sumo's and I could have sworn I read where someone weighed most of the SL sacks and they were underrated and actually came in at a higher weight.

Because they can't fill up all the way in the locker of an LSV.

There is a pair of "factory 550's" in the classified section. These would likely serve you well for how you describe your needs. That saves you a couple $$ also.

• 4 months later...
On 2/18/2016 at 4:27 PM, IXFE said:

When we say "no bow ballast" in this context we're really referring to no additional bow ballast beyond stock hard tank. We assume everybody is running the hard tank full.

As to your situation, I am of the belief that if you don't have additional bow weight of any kind (i.e. people, sac, lead, etc) you should probably stick with the factory prescribed 550's for the rear lockers.

That said, there are so many other variables to consider. For example, when you surf are you gonna have the cabin weight biased towards the rear (i.e. Passengers all wanting to sit in the very back to be closer to the action)? Also, wedge setting comes into play.

If you don't have a bunch of fatties sitting in the rear corners and you run the wedge all the way down (i.e. least resistance), you'll probably be fine with the WM bags. If you can throw some people in the bow even better.

It's all about not running super nose high. Weight management is the name of the game.

I run the 600 piggy back in the rear of my mxz and the wedge slammed and it still rides pretty nose high. If i move the wedge even a click or two up and nose sky rockets up and the surf gets all washed out. I only have the 350 monsoon and it is difficult to plane out with the wedge clicked up at all. 

A quick word of advice: if you run the wakemakers "max capacity" bags (827 lbs) in a '15 then look under the rear corner seats for the two bolts that hold the seat back in place. Mine were 1"+ of raw threads sticking down and would have punctured the bags if I didn't put a cap over them. You don't want to spend all that money on "custom" bags just to have them puncture the first time you fill them. I'll take a picture and post it tomorrow so you can see what I'm talking about...

3 hours ago, SnubNose said:

I run the 600 piggy back in the rear of my mxz and the wedge slammed and it still rides pretty nose high. If i move the wedge even a click or two up and nose sky rockets up and the surf gets all washed out. I only have the 350 monsoon and it is difficult to plane out with the wedge clicked up at all. 

Get a big bow sack. Problem solved.