Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

loan rates

Ifinallygota21v

Yep, no boat currently.  But my other toys and cars are paid for. Sold my Moomba XLV in 2013 when I had to relocate for work.  Moving back to the lake so now I need a new one. 

I was really just making a Dave Ramsey Joke.

Just saying, I wouldn't risk my house for a boat and whole life policies are basically a scam.  

• Like 2
On 01/19/2017 at 7:00 PM, Mike185 said:

whole life policies?  helocs? 20 year loans?  lots of broke people on this thread!

There are a lot of different options for people to purchase a vehicle or boat.  I don't think just because someone mentions a heloc for a loan option they are broke.  Could it be they have a LOT of equity in there home?  I'm a fan of cash is king but if you can invest your money properly sometimes financing is not evil and can actually make sense.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Mike185 said:

It is a little frustrating that easy financing keeps driving up prices even in the used market.  Its the same problem with housing, tuition and vehicles.  No one looks at prices anymore, just payments. 

Blame my generation, the millennials... Horrible long term planners, its all about today.

1 hour ago, BadgerBoater55 said:

Blame my generation, the millennials... Horrible long term planners, its all about today.

Not true, it's all about this morning, the afternoon is months away!

1 hour ago, BadgerBoater55 said:

It's sad but true. I don't operate this way (even though I'm in this age group) solely because I've seen what happens (I'm a creditor's  rights attorney). Payments are fine until you have an unforeseen expense or until you think about retirement. So many of my friends are "living the good life" though payments. I'm happy they are enjoying it, but it's seems really really risky to me.

7 hours ago, Mike185 said:

It is a little frustrating that easy financing keeps driving up prices even in the used market.

Should be no problem for you captain money bags.  :Tease3:

Sassy new guy gotta take your lumps :)

Edited by bamaboy
On 1/21/2017 at 10:03 AM, BadgerBoater55 said:

Ahhh darnit here I have been making fun of millennials then I just googled it only to see the horrible... I'm included... Noooooo...it can't be... somehow Im barely a millennial... Say it isn't soooo...Nooooo. Lord help me... 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, The Hulk said:

Ahhh darnit here I have been making fun of millennials then I just googled it only to see the horrible... I'm included... Noooooo...it can't be... somehow Im barely a millennial... Say it isn't soooo...Nooooo. Lord help me... 

Some millennials are terrific, some...

• Like 2
On 1/20/2017 at 11:38 AM, Mike185 said:

I was really just making a Dave Ramsey Joke.

You forgot to talk about Rice and Beans and Beans and Rice....with a whole lot of holier-than-thou attitude thrown in.  Otherwise, someone may have got the joke.

Edit:  scratch that...you had the Dave Ramsey attitude nailed...

Edited by RTS
6 hours ago, The Hulk said:

Hey man, the first step to solving a problem is admitting you have one  :lol:

• Like 2

I always work out the lowest best price, then the best financing because i never have that kind of cash on hand. It all goes into the house and retirement plans. 

On 1/21/2017 at 3:21 PM, bamaboy said:

Should be no problem for you captain money bags.  :Tease3:

Sassy new guy gotta take your lumps :)

not a problem just frustrating. ;)

Edited by Mike185
4 minutes ago, ConnollyCrew said:

So you beleive that if boats were more difficult to buy and fewer were sold they would be cheaper???? That is not intelligent.

I don't believe that's what he was saying at all.

• Like 2
On 1/23/2017 at 0:52 AM, Fman said:

There is also just some things in life that just are not good investments, boats are definitely one of them regardless if you pay cash or finance it.  Sometimes you have to look at what your get out of it, time with your family, making some great memories and walking out to your garage and seeing a beautiful boat with some pride of ownership ready to head out on the water!  20 years from now really wont make a financial make or break difference for most of us on here BUT you will have some great memories to look back on with your family and friends which are priceless and the best investment possible!

Remember you cant take it with you anyway, work hard and play hard :thumbup:

That's fine and dandy...but that doesn't mean you need a 130k new boat to make those memories, when a very nice 30k used boat will make the same ones.  Many folks don't seem to grasp that.

• Like 2