Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2015 LSV Surf - PNP WM 800 sacs - Which bow ballast setup for ideal surf? Options for lead? Able to avoid bow sac?

AdrockTT

36 minutes ago, Stevo said:

because with more weight in the back , stock hard tank , and a bow bag you can have the height and length that many desire. Bow bag mad a difference for me

I was always under the impression that it would lengthen the wake, but knock some of the height off. I know it does for me on my boat, which is why I leave it empty. 

Is there a safety concern other than visibility?

• 5 weeks later...

I hate asking questions like this for the risk that it's answered somewhere else and I couldn't find it, but I just bought 1,100 lb bags for the lockers of my 2016 LSV. There is nothing in the manual about install or operation, and the YouTube videos confused me since they aren't my exact boat, so....

Are there only 2 connection points in the floor? One at the front of the locker and one at the back? Where is this switch people are talking about? Don't the bags just fill when the hard tanks are full? I bought the bags and have only been on the boat once since and I didn't have time to install them that day. My boat is kept at a marina in dry stack so I can't just run out and take a look. Any advice would be amazing! Thanks guys! Sorry if it's a dumb question!

There is a valve in line with fill port.  Grab the connection port that's closer to the front of the boat and trace it back.  Can't miss it.  Just open the valve and the bags will fill once the hard tanks are full.

I recommend adding a nice vent line, but it's not necessary.  (t into the existing vent lines)

• Like 2
3 hours ago, tjklein said:

There is a valve in line with fill port.  Grab the connection port that's closer to the front of the boat and trace it back.  Can't miss it.  Just open the valve and the bags will fill once the hard tanks are full.

I recommend adding a nice vent line, but it's not necessary.  (t into the existing vent lines)

Perfect! Thank you! I see threads about the vent, and I'll look at those to see what I need to do there. 

One more quick question, I need to extend the drain hose, and I plan to do so by replacing it with one of those clear hoses on the wakemakers site. Just one question, is the hose a 3/4" or 1"? Thanks! 😬

2016 23LSV

Edited by LS1boarder
  • 4 weeks later...

I didn’t think the 2016 came with the valve like in previous years.  Sorry if I am just adding to the confusion, my dealer had my PNP bags already insulated but I am 99 percent certain there are no valves to the PNP like on my buddy’s 2014.  

• 2 years later...
  • 10 months later...
On 9/17/2020 at 8:18 PM, dls said:

Where is the bow tank vent line? Want to pnp a bow sac..

I’m looking at doing this to my 2015 this off-season.  I think the middle/bow hard tank vent line will be easy enough to find and plumb into a sac, however adding 2 drain lines back to the center/bow hard tank might add some extra work.  I have the benefit of having a bunch of fittings left over from my 2014 so I’ll probably just buy 20 feet of hose and see what I can do.