Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Installing Wicked Wake 2011 23 LSV

747captain

Well Ill be getting my Wicked Wake after waiting the summer, but thats ok.

Id like any and all suggestions before I make any installation mistakes.

Currently only have additional ballast is a 750 in the port locker.

We ride with 6-8 people in the boat all the time so power is an issue with lots of extra ballast.

I installed my new one last week. It's not as easy as the instructions say, but it is pretty straight forward. You really need 2 sets of hands, but I used a vice on my workbench and it worked fine.

If I did it again, I would countersink the screws because they end up countersinking themselves as you screw the 2 pieces together. The plastic composite is a bit of a mess and strings out everywhere as you drill the holes as well, just an FYI.

My 20' VTX is small and we've always struggled to have a great surf wake. I was hoping this was the answer. It definitely makes the wake longer, but it's not terribly tall. I even filled ALL 3 ballasts (VTX doesn't have a front one) and this helped, but am considering a fat sac in addition. A bit bummed, since my 2 teens and I like to go out just by ourselves sometimes.

Good luck. My experience with my friends' LSV's is that they are much heavier and this WWS should be a great addition.

You need extra ballast, you can't just fill the stock tanks and expect the wicked wake to perform miracles on your surf wave. It's well documented that even with a surfgate boat, you need additional ballast over the stock hard tanks. You should have at least a 750 in each rear locker, plus all the stock ballast. I don't run bow ballast in my '07 vRide and like the wave I get, but many others prefer the wave with more weight up front in the bow.

On our 2008 VLX I run all stock bags, 750 up front, 750's in each locker with surf side slightly more full wedge all the way down 10.4mph. Great wave. I highly recommend there product.

20150816_114715.jpg

• 5 months later...

I built and instlled my own version over the past couple of weeks and the difference is huge. Best wave I have ever put out of the little VTX.

Malibuzer, I see that you built your own gates. What material did you use?
I see plenty of posts about dimensions, but none mention thickness of material. If you used HDPE, can you please tell me what thickness it was for the gate. thanks