Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ballast recommendations for 2012 MXZ

SnubNose

Hey i recently ordered the piggy back system for my 2012 22 MXZ which came with a 600 lb sac for each locker.. Should i go with larger bags in the rear or add bags elsewhere? The wake it great for boarding but i need a bigger surf wake..... My boat has the hard tanks two in rear one center and one front.... It did not come with pre existing plug n play so i went with the piggy back.. is it cheaper to go with have it plumbed for plug n play? Thanks

We just sold our 12 Mxz, but had the surf wave dialled down by the end of it. First off No wedge leave it up. Desired rear hard tanks filled for side, centre fill, front half filled, 750 in desired rear locker and 750 in the middle of the boat, Plus passenger as well on that side of the boat. We ran the 410 hp motor and we had to put a bigger prop to push it(2315), but clean surf wave 15 to 20 feet back. Water depth helps big time as well 15-20 feet plus will help big time. The first year we had it we didn't have the extra bag in the middle of the boat and the next year we bought it and it helped out big time. Hope this helps!

We just sold our 12 Mxz, but had the surf wave dialled down by the end of it. First off No wedge leave it up. Desired rear hard tanks filled for side, centre fill, front half filled, 750 in desired rear locker and 750 in the middle of the boat, Plus passenger as well on that side of the boat. We ran the 410 hp motor and we had to put a bigger prop to push it(2315), but clean surf wave 15 to 20 feet back. Water depth helps big time as well 15-20 feet plus will help big time. The first year we had it we didn't have the extra bag in the middle of the boat and the next year we bought it and it helped out big time. Hope this helps!

Hey but don't the 750s pop out the engine compartment plastics? I was told the 600 was the largest that would fit properly. I have the 350 and stock prop..

They can, the back part of the plastic rubbed on the exhaust on mine. Allot of guy put plastic stripping on the inside to brace that plastic up. You will def need to upgrade you prop. If I was having hard time getting to 12 mph with 410 with my set up before prop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ran 750 in each rear (using one side for wake surf), added a 400 lb under or on top of the surf side seat. I would fill the front all the way, and the under middle hard tanks 1/2 way. No wedge.

It worked as long as I had one or two passengers surf side up front.

Worked well for us and we had a 2012 with the 350.

It is easy to reinforce (although I didn't) the plastic with wake makers pieces for 25.00 per side...or make your own....

Edited by Shodan01
  • 1 year later...
On 3/30/2015 at 11:45 PM, hwsportsmitch said:

Still have only the 600 in the rear because I didn't know I could fit a bigger bag in there but I guess the 750 is just longer and that makes sense why it would fit  in got the delta wake shaper and it's a clean wave. I need a prop though is 2315 the way to go ? 

30 minutes ago, SnubNose said:

Still have only the 600 in the rear because I didn't know I could fit a bigger bag in there but I guess the 750 is just longer and that makes sense why it would fit  in got the delta wake shaper and it's a clean wave. I need a prop though is 2315 the way to go ? 

I might have two Fly High Pro X W707 750's to sell next week.  Perfect condition.  Used one year.

23 minutes ago, minnmarker said:

I might have two Fly High Pro X W707 750's to sell next week.  Perfect condition.  Used one year.

Do they work with wake setters piggy back system 

7 hours ago, minnmarker said:

I have no idea.  For all bags you'll need adapters for the 1" or 3/4" hose connections.  Bag dimensions here: http://www.bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=984

I'll check with wake makers tomorrow 

Also how do I determine what prop my boat currently has ? Maybe mine did come with a high altitude prop. I'm unsure. 

Crawl under the boat and it will be stamped on the hub of the prop along with the dimensions of the prop. Sometimes it can be hard to clearly read the numbers behind the nut. In that case remove the nut. Your boat would've have originally come with the 1939 unless you ordered the High Altitude option which would be the 1235. If you bought the boat used who knows what's on there. If it's the 1939 you'd know because it would be a dog getting out of the hole with just the Stock MLS full. Add your PnP's and you likely wouldn't be getting out of the hole.

2 minutes ago, MaliWop said:

Crawl under the boat and it will be stamped on the hub of the prop along with the dimensions of the prop. Sometimes it can be hard to clearly read the numbers behind the nut. In that case remove the nut. Your boat would've have originally come with the 1939 unless you ordered the High Altitude option which would be the 1235. If you bought the boat used who knows what's on there. If it's the 1939 you'd know because it would be a dog getting out of the hole with just the Stock MLS full. Add your PnP's and you likely wouldn't be getting out of the hole.

It was never a dog with stock MLS only if I had the wedge 3/4 and didn't use the automated system. It dogs a little now with full PNP and wedge slammed with 3 people on boat. The boat was brand new but fully loaded so not sure the prop but I'll check next time I'm near boat 

We have the same boat. I ran the following last weekend and had an awesome surf wake (much to my surprise).

Rear surf side full, center full, front full, wedge at 100% (2 ticks up from fully down), Mission Delta surf system, 4 people down the surf side including one in the bow who was approx 150lbs.

This was by far the best wake we've had yet and much of the credit goes to the Mission Delta. As mentioned, I was also suprized at the depth of the wake without additional weight. I ordered Wakemakers 600lb piggyback's but I'm gonna hold off installing them until we've experimented a bit more. 

9 minutes ago, MalibuReady said:

We have the same boat. I ran the following last weekend and had an awesome surf wake (much to my surprise).

Rear surf side full, center full, front full, wedge at 100% (2 ticks up from fully down), Mission Delta surf system, 4 people down the surf side including one in the bow who was approx 150lbs.

This was by far the best wake we've had yet and much of the credit goes to the Mission Delta. As mentioned, I was also suprized at the depth of the wake without additional weight. I ordered Wakemakers 600lb piggyback's but I'm gonna hold off installing them until we've experimented a bit more. 

Does your boat run nose high with the wedge like that? Are you running stock prop ?