Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu Touch Comand Screen partially working

Does anyone on this thread have the diagram for the emergency ignition key install? or the part info? 

I am looking to piece together my own and install, because the dealer wants over $340, plus charging me freight? And that does not include if the dealer installs...Im sure they would tack on another 3-4 hrs of time. 

• 4 months later...
Cameronterrafranca
On 8/19/2017 at 9:09 AM, wazzajohno said:

I wonder if my wedge problems are due to the touch screen. The following all happened during a hot week at Lake Powell.  I am having a few weird electrical problems and I wonder if they all center around the MTC.  

Screen:  A very small line along the right side looks wet. This doesn't extent into the start button or the wedge buttons. 

Wedge: When controlling the wedge with the MTC it works intermittently. Sometimes the deploy button will send down the wedge and sometimes the down arrow will work.  It got stuck 1/2 half down while there and after several restarts and restes I got it back up.  Now I am testing in the garage.  I have found that the wedge works perfectly if I use the bypass fuse under the dash for up and down.  

Bilge and Blower: MTC button changes color when switching bilge and Blower but they don't come on.  

Lights: Swim lights work from the MTC switch, Navigation and tower do not.  Tested bulbs and they are good. When i switch the lights on with the MTC the button lights up for a few minutes and then switches itself off. 

Fuses:  one odd thing, the fuse bypass under the dash for wedge up is not in the same location as marked on the cover.  Could I be wired incorrectly.  Most of the posts in this thread are about start button issues.  Has anyone see anything like I am experiencing?

I have this same exact issue right now! No naV, lights no blower, intermittent wedge control, no interior lights, boat will only start in bypass mode. Did you find that the issue was replacing the medallion fuse box for these controls?

• 3 months later...
On 9/7/2017 at 9:50 PM, dalt1 said:

Mine has been delaminating for the last 2 years but all functions still work. That said, I bought a new screen this summer for $1600 because as you guessed, Malibu nor Medallion will cut us a deal. I tried! I will run my original till it pukes, then put the new one in.

Hi . just curious how long your computer delaminate before it completely stopped working?  2015 TXI and computer just started to be a bit unreliable aug 2022.  

Also .. is this the only way to start boats or would the key work (sorry ... i have limited knowledge about boats -- i just know press main power and start).

6 hours ago, malibuont said:

Hi . just curious how long your computer delaminate before it completely stopped working?  2015 TXI and computer just started to be a bit unreliable aug 2022.  

Also .. is this the only way to start boats or would the key work (sorry ... i have limited knowledge about boats -- i just know press main power and start).

So this particular screen went 4 or 5 years after damage started till it needed replaced.

• 3 weeks later...

Just wondering if anyone has new info on this topic. I have 2012 23 LSV and the screen has been getting worse over the last 3 years. Hoping to find something online.  My local dealer is like talking to 14 year old child that knows nothing about boats except what is on the service board. Unfortunately nothing gets done unless you it yourself these days. 

13 hours ago, Kopmann said:

Just wondering if anyone has new info on this topic. I have 2012 23 LSV and the screen has been getting worse over the last 3 years. Hoping to find something online.  My local dealer is like talking to 14 year old child that knows nothing about boats except what is on the service board. Unfortunately nothing gets done unless you it yourself these days. 

You obviously havent been reading. 

14 hours ago, Kopmann said:

Check this thread and see what Cue screens has come up with.