Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New tower speakers

kx250frider617

Well, I went to the boat show expecting to not spend any money and just look at all the new boats, but I caved in. I got a really good deal on those skylon Vector 8 speakers in white. I love the styling of the cans and was blown away by how they sounded, just an overall smooth sounding speakers even at low volume. I am pumped and can't wait until they arrive in the mail.

Anyway, not trying to start a wet sounds exile vs skylon thread, but those who have a pair of 8" HLCD what are you powering them with? watts per speaker? Can you hear them pretty good at wake boarding length? Until I upgrade the amp, i will be giving them 150 watts each, which I'm hoping will be enough for now.

I think 4 speakers just look way better on the tower, so my plan is to EVENTUALLY get a second pair and run them of a rockford fosgate 1000x2 amp.

Also, I have 4 axis speakers/ cans that I'm now selling, if anyone know people looking for any. PM me.

It all depends on the speaker I don't have much experience with skylon. If they are rated for 250w RMS, I would give them 250w. Under powering them might leave you disappointed.

since we are talking about tower speakers. I have a question maybe others can help me.

I have a 2006 247 Wakesetter with illusion X tower.

Replacement speakers - I have EIGHT 6 1/2" or 6 3/4"...Not sure I guess. What speakers are good replacements at a fair price?

Replacement speakers for the 4 Tower Speakers? Can I just replace the speakers in the cans or do I need to replace the entire part?

Thanks in advance.

since we are talking about tower speakers. I have a question maybe others can help me.

I have a 2006 247 Wakesetter with illusion X tower.

Replacement speakers - I have EIGHT 6 1/2" or 6 3/4"...Not sure I guess. What speakers are good replacements at a fair price?

Replacement speakers for the 4 Tower Speakers? Can I just replace the speakers in the cans or do I need to replace the entire part?

Thanks in advance.

This deserves its own topic so that everyone can give you their opinion on 6.5" speakers.

Respected brands include:

Wetsounds

Roswell

Exile

Kicker

Sound costs money. How loud do you want it?

How loud do the 12 year old and 16 year old like it? Turn it up dad!!! All good, we enjoy!

Currently have the kicker 6.5" speakers. They work fine but cosmetics have become the concern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And now I have 2 sets of white axis tower speakers w: alpine upgraded speakers along with bakes covers and the alpine 4ch amp to power them, All for sale.

For me new speakers, the mounts are polished billet aluminum. What do you think of getting them hard anodized to save them from salt and corrosion?

kx250frider617,

Have you received your yet? I ended up buying a set last weekend as well and was promised they would ship first thing Monday and I would get them by Tuesday. I have not heard anything! I hope it is not another Paradise/Skylon story here!!!! I thought I would give them one more chance but maybe I am wrong. Hope not...

Kelly

Yep I got them today and they are already installed. The sales guy Robbie has helped us out tremendously. Really cool dude. If you bought them at them at the La boat show, I know all the vendors had to tear down Monday, so that is probably why there is a delay.

Here are the pictures I have. I have the mounts already on the tower and the wire ran. Unfortunately, I didn't get pics of the process. I'll also post pics on the boat next time I pull it out. The tower is collapsed at the moment.

4DE32B7C-A134-4714-88B5-C1673E95762E_zps

E42EFC62-D05C-4370-B0F8-2AA9BE0DDE15_zps

1257F209-C6FA-4F56-BFBF-5E5E0A14C1C4_zps

I had to drill new holes for the inner speakers, I also ran new 12awg wiring up to the tower. The existing holes, I tapped into the courtesy light and I'm installed two led lights that are usually used for runway lighting on the trailers.

The amp I'll be pushing these with is the Rockford Fosgate p1000x2. They'll have 250rms each. I wired two speakers in parrallel for a 2ohm load.

I tested two speakers using my old amp at 150w each. They are freakin loud and sound amazing. The mid bass is just insane. Wetsounds that I've heard always had super bright highs, these sound great over all the ranges. I was told to run them as low as 60hz. I seriously can't wait and can't even imagine what these things will sound like when I have all 4 running at 250w each.