Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Craigslist Finds

Lanman

27 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

What would you paint it with? Roller is my tool of choice for painting frames. 

I hate paint!  Next trailer will be aluminum or galvanized I swear.  But if I was painting... Imron probably.  Although lately I have been working with Interlux Polyurethane paint and that stuff is astounding!

Edited by Eagleboy99
11 hours ago, oldjeep said:

What would you paint it with? Roller is my tool of choice for painting frames. 

I guess I’m just picky but I would have sprayed it.  

On 9/8/2018 at 8:46 PM, Cole2001 said:

That is super cheap for a late 2000s response up here. Most I see listed for 10k more easily

On 9/8/2018 at 7:46 PM, Cole2001 said:

That is a Response FXi.  The description doesn't match the pics in terms of hours.

IF you can get that boat for that price and the motor's not blown or something, that's a SCREAMING good deal.  Like amazingly good deal.  Like I'm tempted to fly up there and buy it good deal.  Could sell that boat for 35k USD.

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, UWSkier said:

That is a Response FXi.  The description doesn't match the pics in terms of hours.

IF you can get that boat for that price and the motor's not blown or something, that's a SCREAMING good deal.  Like amazingly good deal.  Like I'm tempted to fly up there and buy it good deal.  Could sell that boat for 35k USD.

not bad for a little over 18k US

There HAS to be something wrong  with that deal.  Seriously.  I will be in Kelowna in a week or so and I might just swing by...  LX/FX; whatever - insane deal is an understatement.  Heck, I could sell my RLX and move up close to a decade for not that much...

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, Eagleboy99 said:

There HAS to be something wrong  with that deal.  Seriously.  I will be in Kelowna in a week or so and I might just swing by...  LX/FX; whatever - insane deal is an understatement.  Heck, I could sell my RLX and move up close to a decade for not that much...

I'm thinking the same thing. Has to be something bad with it.

33 minutes ago, Cole2001 said:

Martin has some really good deals on some older boats every now and then. It’s insane. 

Funny thing is I always find their pricing to be wayyyyyy over priced, even the older stuff

One of my buddies traded his Malibu V-drive in for a new X-star something-or-other and got absolutely HOSED on the trade in.  Good deal on the new boat, but the net-net from Martin was awful.  And Martin sold his for like 10 or 12 large more than he got on the trade-in (although to be fair, it need a platform redo and a serious wax job.  And a tower - they slapped a Monster on it IIRC).

agreed, there is something wrong there, it is way to cheap and Martin does not give deals like that on used boats.

update, couldn't resist......I called them, boat is real and the price is right. runs fine, 9 out of 10 apparently......

Edited by mackie12
added
  • Like 3
35 minutes ago, mackie12 said:

agreed, there is something wrong there, it is way to cheap and Martin does not give deals like that on used boats.

update, couldn't resist......I called them, boat is real and the price is right. runs fine, 9 out of 10 apparently......

The FXi is a bit of a unicorn.  Basically the previous generation of the VTX with the engine in the middle.  Makes a really great ski wake.  I just bought a '01 Response LX for not much less than that.  One of our Canuck members should definitely grab that deal.

I think I will stink bid on it.  WTH - 22K CAD.  :)  They just might go for it!  I can flip it for 5-10K CAD more easy-peasy.  Heck, I can put in on my credit card next week when I am there!

Edited by Eagleboy99
  • Like 2

Thats gorgeous, Im heading up to Kelowna in a few weeks. Think my family would have a heart attack if I came home with a third boat though :)

Dont worry Eagle, I'll leave it for you :cheers:

Edited by DevonEhrhardt
6 hours ago, DevonEhrhardt said:

Thats gorgeous, Im heading up to Kelowna in a few weeks. Think my family would have a heart attack if I came home with a third boat though :)

Dont worry Eagle, I'll leave it for you :cheers:

Might not be there in a week...

14 hours ago, RyanB said:

aww man.  I was hoping the youtube video link he had in the ad was going to be from that drone following him in the surfing photo.

I was interested until I saw the beaching photo.  No thanks!  :(

:rofl: