Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

OFFICIAL 2015 LSV 23 Surf Setup Thread...

Capdoogie

Our setup so far for surf. LSA ENGINE 2249 torque prop for this motor.

- Full factory ballast includes front.

- WM custom plug in plays (800 lbs each?)

- wedge two clicks from top

- 10.6-11.0 GPS MPH rpm 2900 to 3400

- so far we're loving the wave without front ballast but I'm sure this will evolve. The LSA doesn't seem to need help on xtra front weight to help the boat plain. As the temps warm we will see how much ballast this motor can handle.

Our setup so far for surf. LSA ENGINE 2249 torque prop for this motor.

- Full factory ballast includes front.

- WM custom plug in plays (800 lbs each?)

- wedge two clicks from top

- 10.6-11.0 GPS MPH rpm 2900 to 3400

- so far we're loving the wave without front ballast but I'm sure this will evolve. The LSA doesn't seem to need help on xtra front weight to help the boat plain. As the temps warm we will see how much ballast this motor can handle.

How much bow rise are you getting? Can you see over the bow seated?

Not well, We have a custom wedge made of the same color interior that props us up another 8 inches or so. It fits perfect on top of the seat riser. Even with front xtra ballast we use our seat wedge. With wedge in place we have great unobstructed view no matter what config ballast we run.

• Like 1

Can someone give me the discount code for Wake Makers fat Sacks on This site? I can;t get it to populate the code. Its a tthe top of this page, under the Tab RESOURCES, and then the drop down delection called DISCOUNTS there should be a code for WakeMakers fat sacks. My discounts are not populating - can anyone cut and paste this code to me? Thanks! Randy

Can someone give me the discount code for Wake Makers fat Sacks on This site? I can;t get it to populate the code. Its a tthe top of this page, under the Tab RESOURCES, and then the drop down delection called DISCOUNTS there should be a code for WakeMakers fat sacks. My discounts are not populating - can anyone cut and paste this code to me? Thanks! Randy

You have to be a paying member to get the discounts. It's only $25/yr and it pays for itself using the discounts!

I had the rear ballast pnp plumbing redone to support the fh750s because the lines were kinking. I also upgraded to a fh 1000lb bow sack.

Today we ran full MLS, 2x750s rear, about 700 in the bow, wedge 2 deployed 2-3 clicks down from stow. The bow sack increased time to actually reach speed and lock in, elongated the wave by 2-4 foot depending on the wedge position, and made it so I could drive without so much bow rise that I actually was sitting. We're running an acme 537 with a monsoon 350, 4 adults as well.

Results were beyond satisfying and it felt great to have a g23 owner flag us down and compliment the wave :).

I think we're going to work on tweaking small amounts of weight around to clean up the wash on the lip on the port Side, it's clean then there is a lot of curl followed by white wash about 10 feet back. The starboard side was clean all the way back.

A 537? Wow! I think you might want to upgrade that with that much weight.

Yep, agreed - I'm waiting to hear more about the OJ group by that's been discussed on here as of late, and hoping that maybe I'll have a chance to demo some options based on my setup to help with hole shot. There was some PM's sent out about that last week but I've not heard anything new on that. Thanks for the reminder to follow up on that :)

I had the rear ballast pnp plumbing redone to support the fh750s because the lines were kinking. I also upgraded to a fh 1000lb bow sack.

Today we ran full MLS, 2x750s rear, about 700 in the bow, wedge 2 deployed 2-3 clicks down from stow. The bow sack increased time to actually reach speed and lock in, elongated the wave by 2-4 foot depending on the wedge position, and made it so I could drive without so much bow rise that I actually was sitting. We're running an acme 537 with a monsoon 350, 4 adults as well.

Results were beyond satisfying and it felt great to have a g23 owner flag us down and compliment the wave :).

I think we're going to work on tweaking small amounts of weight around to clean up the wash on the lip on the port Side, it's clean then there is a lot of curl followed by white wash about 10 feet back. The starboard side was clean all the way back.

2manyhobbies: can you describe the plumbing redo. I have bad hose kinking on starboard side using 1100 pnp bag. how was that done? different hose material? other?

2manyhobbies: can you describe the plumbing redo. I have bad hose kinking on starboard side using 1100 pnp bag. how was that done? different hose material? other?

I'll take some pic's this weekend, but they removed all the stock pnp lines and replaced them with heavier plumbing lines and actually attached them with petcock valve towards the top of the compartment right behind the seat. It's hard to describe, so I'll get you some pictures and post them this weekend.

First time surfing (ever) behind my new 2015 LSV this weekend, just switched from I/O boat. Question on the PW. When you guys say 2 clicks up/down etc, what are yall referencing? 2 (blue bars on the display) up (from "lift") or down (from "stow"). Just have the MLS right now. Haven't gotten any extra ballasts but is PnP. Is there a "factory" bag that's recommended for that? Don't want to modify anything (despite how easy it may be).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First time surfing (ever) behind my new 2015 LSV this weekend, just switched from I/O boat. Question on the PW. When you guys say 2 clicks up/down etc, what are yall referencing? 2 (blue bars on the display) up (from "lift") or down (from "stow"). Just have the MLS right now. Haven't gotten any extra ballasts but is PnP. Is there a "factory" bag that's recommended for that? Don't want to modify anything (despite how easy it may be).

2 clicks up means 2 clicks upwards from being vertically down. This is shown as 2 segments up from the bottom one on the main dash touchscreen. (With PW2 you can now do fine incremental adjustment using the 'sports knob' on the left hand side, assuming you have that option). Two clicks up on the touchscreen is the 4th segment on the display, as the bottom right most segment is the 'lift' position, where the wedge actually creates lift, pushing the hull up, then the next one is the 'neutral' down position, then one click up, etc..

When adding bags in the locker, I altered the PnP hoses on mine as the stern most drain hose is too short to loop around to the very back, and when you do put the bag all the way back like i did with my 550 sacks, the front drain hose is too short, so needs replacing with a longer one. This is all very simple though. No skill / experience required, just order the parts from Wakemakers.

For the ballast bags in the back lockers, mine are on the small side for a LSV, as I needed the storage space (550 lbs), but lots of people on here will be recommending much bigger! Wakemakers do their own custom bags for your boat, and from memory, they are about 800lbs each. The 550lbs ones I have are by Eight.3, and these were also apparently designed (so Wakemakers told me) around the LSV locker, so fit very well, and leave plenty of space when full for jackets, fenders, etc..

Edited by randv

2 clicks up means 2 clicks upwards from being vertically down. This is shown as 2 segments up from the bottom one on the main dash touchscreen. (With PW2 you can now do fine incremental adjustment using the 'sports knob' on the left hand side, asdsuming you have that option). Two clicks up on the touchscreen is the 4th segment on the display, as the bottom right most segment is the 'lift' position, where the wedge actually creates lift, pushing the hull up, then the next one is the 'neutral' down position, then one click up, etc..

When adding bags in the locker, I altered the PnP hoses on mine as the stern most drain hose is too short to loop around to the very back, and when you do put the bag all the way back like i did with my 550 sacks, the front drain hose is too short, so needs replacing with a longer one. This is all very simple though. No skill / experience required, just order the parts from Wakemakers.

For the ballast bags in the back lockers, mine are on the small side for a LSV, as I needed the storage space (550 lbs), but lots of people on here will be recommending much bigger! Wakemakers do their own custom bags for your boat, and from memory, they are about 800lbs each. The 550lbs ones I have are by Eight.3, and these were also apparently designed (so Wakemakers told me) around the LSV locker, so fit very well, and leave plenty of space when full for jackets, fenders, etc..

Yep. I like storage as well. This boat is already skimpy on storage for my tastes. Don't even have a good storage spot for the anchor! That's an extra 25 lbs of ballast right on the bow if they would put an anchor locker up there.

I'll take some pic's this weekend, but they removed all the stock pnp lines and replaced them with heavier plumbing lines and actually attached them with petcock valve towards the top of the compartment right behind the seat. It's hard to describe, so I'll get you some pictures and post them this weekend.

I failed to take pics, or look. Got consumed by the long weekend and back pain. I am headed down again this weekend, I'll take care of it then.

Dialed in the Port side wake a bit more this weekend - Huge thanks to BlackBluMalibu for not only bringing over and loaning me an ACME 2419 prop to test out, but installing it for me because I'm a gimp. The addition of that prop gave me the needed extra pull to get the boat up to 11.2 mph which seems to be the sweet spot. This setup was with MLS full + 750's x 2 in the back + 1000k in the nose and 2 adults + baby on board, wedge was 3 clicks down from stow. The rider in this pic is 6ft+ and the board is a Red Rocket which is a 6ft board.

wakesurfportside.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I failed to take pics, or look. Got consumed by the long weekend and back pain. I am headed down again this weekend, I'll take care of it then.

I moved my valves yesterday from the vertical (stock) position to horizontal at the top of the locker. The fill hose would kink while filling. This should eliminate that.

Do you guys, who owned a 14, notice any difference in the surf wave with the pw2? Wondering if it changed the wave shape, or made it larger.

Surfdude, For me there is an improved difference and I have to contribute it to the PW2. For the record...I'm not good and drive most of the time, but I do get out there and the regular wave has more push compared to last years LSV. I've gotten feedback from others and it's been consistant that they see improvement too. The other thing is how fast the wave forms and speed is locked, pretty much surfable by the time the rider gets up. It probably does not justify an upgrade over the '14, but if you have the chance check it out for yourself!

I still pull plenty of wakeboard sets, this thing jumps to 23 with 4k ballast with the new wedge lift feature. We run the wedge at a higher setting now, but feel like it has less drag. I look forward to pulling INT surf and wake comp this summer!