Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

OFFICIAL 2015 LSV 23 Surf Setup Thread...

Capdoogie

Yes you need to reinforce the engine wall dividers, it will pop out of track almost every time you fill the rear sacs. You can go the easy route. Wakemakers has done all the work for you, drill some holes and your done.

• Like 1

Yes you need to reinforce the engine wall dividers, it will pop out of track almost every time you fill the rear sacs. You can go the easy route. Wakemakers has done all the work for you, drill some holes and your done.

Is this necessary for the standard fly highs 750's? Don't remember it being an issue with my 08 vride.

I know the 1100 lb sacs we used during test ride popped the dividers off the tracks.

Is this necessary for the standard fly highs 750's? Don't remember it being an issue with my 08 vride.

I know the 1100 lb sacs we used during test ride popped the dividers off the tracks.

Mine are popping out with the FH 750's.

the other thing you could do is just put in a deeper U channel. I've never heard of the divider walls breaking, just flexing enough to pop out of the channel. So if you use a deeper channel, that gives you more room to flex before popping out.

How big of a problem is the air build up using the Malibu PnP system with the wakemakers custom sacks? DO you only get 75% full without bleeding the air???? Are there other sacks where you can bleed off the air easier than unscrewing the fill valves?

• Like 1

Sumo sacs r best for air bleed off. They have a fill valve that is spring loaded you can burp the bag easy with it. The custom sacs have only one port on top so you have to pop the fitting to burp the bag. I'm not sure why wakemakers made the bag without a easier way to bleed air off the top.

• 2 weeks later...

I went with two FH 750's for the back and the FH sumo bow 650 plus the MLS, 5 riders and was amazed at what this boat can put out. I'll post some video/pics this week when I get them downloaded. We were testing mainly with the port side wave and running between 10.6 and 11.6 with the wedge 2-3 clicks up from 90. WOW is all I know how to say..

We did run into problems with the PnP lines getting kinked on the back sacks, and we didn't have the 650 plumbed yet for the front so we didn't use it this weekend. I can't wait to add that to the fold. I'm also considering a different prop with the 350 since I noticed it was struggling on turns to maintain the wake's shape with the ballast fully loaded.

Just returned from shake down trip to Havasu with 2015 LSV. A few set ups were run. First was with custom wake makers and hard tanks. Nice wake wedge two clicks down and 10.8-11mph. Next set up was with Wakemakers customs and 600lb ronix bow sack, same wedge and speed created longer less steep. Final set up was wake makers, 600lb bow, 800lb floor sack. This resulted in steep as all get out but short wake, gas incinerator extrodinare, think prop hit limit. Spacing prop size presently. In summation, the wake makers alone with hard tanks and wedge make a very fun, efficient wake. Add more weight with borderline prop will equal short day or big gas bill. Dig the new ronix bags and fast pump.

• Like 1

Just returned from shake down trip to Havasu with 2015 LSV. A few set ups were run. First was with custom wake makers and hard tanks. Nice wake wedge two clicks down and 10.8-11mph. Next set up was with Wakemakers customs and 600lb ronix bow sack, same wedge and speed created longer less steep. Final set up was wake makers, 600lb bow, 800lb floor sack. This resulted in steep as all get out but short wake, gas incinerator extrodinare, think prop hit limit. Spacing prop size presently. In summation, the wake makers alone with hard tanks and wedge make a very fun, efficient wake. Add more weight with borderline prop will equal short day or big gas bill. Dig the new ronix bags and fast pump.

With all the added weight can you comment on steering pressure? Any different?

Did you have to burp the air out of the custom wakemakers sacks? With the Malibu PnP, when the customs are full do they overflow out the side of the boat just like the hard tanks?

Alphen,,I would not just rear load the boat, even with the right prop you will not run an efficient angle with the bow to the sky. As you add ballast like the floor sac or people, try speeding up bit and lowering the wedge - this will lengthen the pocket and not work the engine so hard.

• Like 1

Did you have to burp the air out of the custom wakemakers sacks? With the Malibu PnP, when the customs are full do they overflow out the side of the boat just like the hard tanks?

Randy no burping was required and I did not notice any overflow issues and believe if did would be like hard tanks. Edited by alpensurf23

ThinkinBu, sry for late response, no issues felt with steering. Maneuvered fine and wheel felt smooth, no vibration mon. My old/new centurion with stock ballast, vibrated, rattled and slipped from the git go. My main issues with new LSV are the squeaky G4 tower and surf gate sticking/alarm. It's not a very maneuverable boat with surf gate not retracting. Did the whole calibration deal over and over. Mechanic suspects voltage issue with actuator. Might be cause that rear pnp pump was slow too. I replaced all pumps to reversible so I could speed up Mussel Mast'r filter system so maybe not.

Edited by alpensurf23

ThinkinBu, sry for late response, no issues felt with steering. Maneuvered fine and wheel felt smooth, no vibration mon. My old/new centurion with stock ballast, vibrated, rattled and slipped from the git go. My main issues with new LSV are the squeaky G4 tower and surf gate sticking/alarm. It's not a very maneuverable boat with surf gate not retracting. Did the whole calibration deal over and over. Mechanic suspects voltage issue with actuator. Might be cause that rear pnp pump was slow too. I replaced all pumps to reversible so I could speed up Mussel Mast'r filter system so maybe not.

Looking at a G4 tower equipped LSV, so hope the tower squeak is an isolated issue and you get it resolved. Also bummed to hear about the other issues when considering this brand.

Edited by ThinkinBu

These are some video/pics from our first time out with the new boat - My wife hasn't surfed since before the baby in 2013 so she was a bit rusty but she seemed to find her groove pretty quick!

Setup : Full MLS, 2 flyhigh 750's for PnP in the rear, wedge 2 clicks up, speed 11.4-11.6 and 3 adults and an 11 year old evenly distributed between back and center.

Apologies for the video quality, friend sent it to me from his phone and it got really compressed :

Here's one of me getting my first ride behind the new boat - NOTE: I'm on a 6ft Inland Surfer Red Rocket, look how far I'm back on that wave.. I'm still shocked myself..
sandysurfingpic.jpg?m=1429673941

Edited by 2manyhobbies

I would like to see a picture of the bow in surf mode. Are you sitting, using the bolster or standing?

Standing, fairly significant bow rise. I'm plumbing in the bow ballast pumps and will be adding a 650 sack to the front, which will help with bow rise, and we'll need to tweak the rest of the setup then to get the wake back to where we want it.

That's what i am trying to avoid. I guess given the quest for big wave through adding more weight has a created this scenario. Also would like to avoid more sacs on top of seats.

I weight and lean my current boat. Stand when driving and moving passengers around.

Perhaps i am asking to much!

That's what i am trying to avoid. I guess given the quest for big wave through adding more weight has a created this scenario. Also would like to avoid more sacs on top of seats.

I weight and lean my current boat. Stand when driving and moving passengers around.

Perhaps i am asking to much!

I can make a nice modest wave without the bow rise, but I specifically bought this boat so I could produce an exceptional wave, so my willingness to put in ballast and deal with standing is perfectly acceptable by me. I have not seen a boat that can produce the wake I want without these downfalls so.. :)

For those of you reading this thread the power wedge II is larger than its predecessors. It seams that most are ending up with it two clicks DOWN from full up for surfing. Compared to two clicks up from full deployed on the 14' 23 LSV.

We got out yesterday and had our first really good surf sesh.

- Full factory + Wakemakers custom PNP in the lockers

- Fly high 1000 bow bag, only about half full

- Full wedge, basically used the factory default

- Speed was from 10.6 - 11mph

- RPMs around 3400 with ACME 1235 prop

- Paddle wheel was way out of calibration, got iPhone GPS app and got it set

- ...also tried GPS zero off cruise and it worked great (we were on the lake not the usual river spot which requires paddle wheel)

No pics (sorry!) but wave looked fantastic and my wife gave it two thumbs up (I am still out of the water recovering from knee surgery)

• Like 1

We got out yesterday and had our first really good surf sesh.

- Full factory + Wakemakers custom PNP in the lockers

- Fly high 1000 bow bag, only about half full

- Full wedge, basically used the factory default

- Speed was from 10.6 - 11mph

- RPMs around 3400 with ACME 1235 prop

- Paddle wheel was way out of calibration, got iPhone GPS app and got it set

- ...also tried GPS zero off cruise and it worked great (we were on the lake not the usual river spot which requires paddle wheel)

No pics (sorry!) but wave looked fantastic and my wife gave it two thumbs up (I am still out of the water recovering from knee surgery)

What engine are you running?