Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

OFFICIAL 2015 LSV 23 Surf Setup Thread...

Capdoogie

Now that we have a new wedge, let's here what your running ballast wise and wedge angles. Etc. also note what engine you have. How does the auto wedge feature work with the new hydraulics?

I kinda see what your saying but..... When we used if on our 2014 it did help the right out of the hole feel. Then raised wedge into position. With the new angle on the wedge it is supposed to be even better? Time will tell.

I kinda see what your saying but..... When we used if on our 2014 it did help the right out of the hole feel. Then raised wedge into position. With the new angle on the wedge it is supposed to be even better? Time will tell.

Oh, I thought you were talking about the new "Lift" setting in the wedge (something the 2014's didn't have). You must be referring to "Auto Wedge."

Huh, what is the lift setting?

Cap,

The Power Wedge 2 is an entirely new beast:

1. 21% larger than then original Power Wedge. That means more displacement. They say it's equal to an addition 300 lbs. or ballast.
  2. There is a new "lift" setting. Picture the wedge all the way down. Now picture it over-rotated toward the bow of the boat. You are familiar with 1 click, 2 click, etc. right? The 'lift" setting is like -1 click. It positions the foil at an upward angle that "lifts" the stern out of the water as opposed to dragging it down. It's like a trim tab, only it's 18" below the boat.
  3. With the sport knob on the dash, you can now make smaller, more precise adjustments to the wedge. You are not limited to the 1 click, 2 click, etc. adjustments. There are finer adjustments that can now be made between the clicks.

Don't you have a 2015 on order? How do you not know about this stuff?

Watch this video, if you haven't already. The Power Wedge 2 is described at 3:10.

Edited by IXFE
  • Like 2

I knew about most of it. But wasn't sure it was called "lift setting". I now have the manual in my possession. Do like that you can fine tune the wedge. Last yr depending on people in your boat 2 clicks from up was not enough and Three was two much, now you can fine tune in between .

I just bought a 2014 23LSV (replaces my 2007 VLX) very exciting! I am plumbed for additional sacks in the rear locker, and now I need to buy them. Can you give me your opinion on if I am better off spending $350/sack for custom made sacks from Wakemakers that fit perfectly in the locker, or is it just as good to get the Straightline (less than $200 each) 750lbs bags?

If you don't go custom sacs. You just need to remove the rear plastic inserts, so they don't pop up. Just put them in the observer locker up front and store things in them. I ran 750's sumo in mine last yr.

Anyone planning on running more on their PnP than the Custom WakeMaker set up? I've been told 750s fill the space ,the 850 wake makers we lose our cooler space( just spoke with WM not true) and that I can put 1000s but they will only fill to 900.I don't think this would be good on the engine dividers even if reinforced with kit. I've also been told if I go custom into cooler space and opposite side it won't work with PnP to much I guess more pumps and plumbing required. The new wedge should make some adjustments from 2014 set ups thread but not much I'm guessing. That thread is awesome by the way, for one no F series trucks referenced and two some smooth pro thread hijackings beneficial to all. I'm typically surfing with 3 and would like to limit an exterior bag to front. Any wisdom most appreciated.

Edited by alpensurf23

Well if the 15 is anything like the 14. We have a couple of 125lb sumo sacs that we slide around depending on how many pax. There perfect weight for dialing in your boat ballance by sliding them here and there. This time my 15 will have the lsa 555hp. So look out ninja assassin I'm coming for ya. Ha ha .

Can you tell me what you mean by saying "just remove the rear plastic inserts so they don;t pop up". Are you talking about the plastic engine seperators, or is their a different insert?

the rear most storage area just as you step down on the swim platform. If you open them up, its the white plastic inserts/buckets will need to come out if you run 750 and up ballast in the rear compartments or the sacs will crush or push them up.. The custom sacs are said to conform so you dont need to remove them.

Caps is correcto mundo on the custom 820's made by wake makers. The customs do not require any removal of trays or impede into your cooler space. They do recommend the reinforce kit to your divider panels which seperate ballast from motor compartment. 750's or more definitely worth doing.

Edited by alpensurf23
  • 3 weeks later...

Caps is correcto mundo on the custom 820's made by wake makers. The customs do not require any removal of trays or impede into your cooler space. They do recommend the reinforce kit to your divider panels which seperate ballast from motor compartment. 750's or more definitely worth doing.

How much are the 820s? I don't even see them on their site

I think I am going to buy the Wakemakers ( http://www.wakemakers.com/2013-malibu-hiflo-plugnplay-ballast-kit.html or go on their site and enter search code 42404 Either one gets you to a pull down menu -- if you go with customs be carefull that you pick VLX or LSV type to match your boat) custom fat sack which will hold 820 lbs but is custom designed so it won't slide around or push on my seats etc. It seems like a rip off at $360/each - crazy expensive (you get 10% off it you mention a code from Malibu Crew site (I think). A cheaper alternative is to buy the 900 lbs Straightline bag for $210 each - the guy at wakemakers said they will fit OK.

So just got the custom sacs. The ports to drain and fill our perfectly placed. You just have to cut the rear drain line back a little to have it match up correctly. The only thing I noticed that should of been added is a extra drain or purge style valve on top to bleed air from the bag. It will be kinda a hassle to unplug the fill valve every so often to bleed air.

Also noticed that the PNP line routing is different than in my 14 lsv. Placement of anti siphon valves (two). Boat lines come with the quick adapters already installed and some other minor changes. Way better.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still waiting on my 2015 LSV to be delivered, but am curious - For those of you with the stock +pnp, are you running additional sacks in the bow on top of the cushion? I am used to weighting an older 21 centurion so the hull, length and overall everything I know is off, thanks in advance..

Yes, we run from 600 to 900 lbs xtra on top of the front cushions. Also we have three 125lb sumo sacs we drag around to compensate for lack of pax and gas depletion.

• Like 1

Yes, we run from 600 to 900 lbs xtra on top of the front cushions. Also we have three 125lb sumo sacs we drag around to compensate for lack of pax and gas depletion.

Thank you Capdoogie!

I'm trying to decide if I should just go after the custom bags from WakeMakers or go with something cheaper and generic - It sounds like I should plan on re-inforcing the rear hatch walls if I'm going to go more than 700'lbs, is that really necessary or helpful? I am only going to have a 350 Monsoon, starting to worry that I should have gotten a bigger engine for all this ballast+people..

I get my hands on her next weekend for the first time, I might just spend some time getting to know her before trying to adjust her :) That said, I'm looking forward to others posting up their setup's so I can learn from their trial and error! :lol: