Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2013 23 LSV surf set up

superjet

After reading nearly every thread and trying to digest it all, I need some help. I have a 2013 23 LSV, 350, 537 prop, with surf gate, no bow tank, and no PNP. I prefer to have all the lead/bags hidden. I won't be trailering, so I'm not concerned about the lead.

I think my upgrades for surfing look like this:

- 2315 or 2419 prop

- 750 or 900 lbs bags for the rear

- 400 lb bag under passenger seat

- 200-400 lbs of lead in the bow

It sounds like with 500 extra lbs (x2) in the rear, I need 150-200 lbs in the bow. With 900 extra lbs (x2) in the rear, I'll need 400 in the bow.

Run all factory full, bags full, lead in the nose, 10-12 mph. Adjust weight and speed to compensate for crew, wedge, and conditions.

Does that sound close? Thoughts?

• Like 2

Here's what I've been doing, but I am far from being the surfing expert. I also have the 350 and live at 4500' and often boat at 5500':

-I run the 2315. Called Acme and they recommended either one you are looking at.

-Unless you are going to get a custom "dong" sack no need to go bigger than the 750s in the rear. I doubt my 750s get completely full, but get really close.

-Not sure weight under the passenger seat is necessary (I've never tried that), but like was mentioned above, I would find a way to get more weight in the bow. We have the bow tank and either throw all the kids up there (addition 200-300lbs) or we have a triangle bow sack that we put 600-700lbs in. With kids up there it is a decent wake and works for an easy trip out on the water, but adding the 600-700lvs makes a great surf wave. With the elevation I live at the extra bow weight makes 12mph possible, but we have found 10.6 on the paddle wheel to be our favorite speed with the wedge two clicks up from the bottom.

• Like 3

Sounds good to me.

we run the sumo 900's, and i am planning the reversible pump for a bowbag, we run the 2315. are you at elevation?

I'm at 1100 feet.

Do you fill the sumo's completely? What are you doing in the bow currently and how is your wave?

Here's what I've been doing, but I am far from being the surfing expert. I also have the 350 and live at 4500' and often boat at 5500':

-I run the 2315. Called Acme and they recommended either one you are looking at.

-Unless you are going to get a custom "dong" sack no need to go bigger than the 750s in the rear. I doubt my 750s get completely full, but get really close.

-Not sure weight under the passenger seat is necessary (I've never tried that), but like was mentioned above, I would find a way to get more weight in the bow. We have the bow tank and either throw all the kids up there (addition 200-300lbs) or we have a triangle bow sack that we put 600-700lbs in. With kids up there it is a decent wake and works for an easy trip out on the water, but adding the 600-700lvs makes a great surf wave. With the elevation I live at the extra bow weight makes 12mph possible, but we have found 10.6 on the paddle wheel to be our favorite speed with the wedge two clicks up from the bottom.

IIRC the bow tank is 400#, so you're at 600-700# with kids up front? With the triangle, you're at 1000# in the bow?

I found the extra weight under the seats really helped my 07 23LSV, but I would prefer to not throwing pumps over the side and I'm not sure how I would plumb it in. The dong sack would solve that.

We ride regular most of the time.

IIRC the bow tank is 400#, so you're at 600-700# with kids up front? With the triangle, you're at 1000# in the bow?

I found the extra weight under the seats really helped my 07 23LSV, but I would prefer to not throwing pumps over the side and I'm not sure how I would plumb it in. The dong sack would solve that.

We ride regular most of the time.

That's correct on the weights up front. The more you can get to off set that rear weight makes a huge difference. The bow bag is kind of a pain and we don't always pull it out, but every time we do I think I should do it more often, it is that noticeable.

That's correct on the weights up front. The more you can get to off set that rear weight makes a huge difference. The bow bag is kind of a pain and we don't always pull it out, but every time we do I think I should do it more often, it is that noticeable.

Did you add the extra divider supports with your 750#'s?

Sounds good to me.

we run the sumo 900's, and i am planning the reversible pump for a bowbag, we run the 2315. are you at elevation?

How full do you think your 900's get?

Here is a short vid I posted looking for some help with airs.

Stock MLs full

900's as full as they can go

Sea level

Wife, brother and 2 kids in boat maybe 400lbs

It's a low camera angle but the wave is great in my opinion. But I would love it to be bigger and faster.

I'm 6'4 240

Stevo, is that wave behind a 2014 or 2013? That will make a difference in how much water will go into the 900lb bag. The 2013 has smaller rear lockers.

Superjet, I did not add supports to the divider. Haven't had problems with it.

Here is a short vid I posted looking for some help with airs.

Stock MLs full

900's as full as they can go

Sea level

Wife, brother and 2 kids in boat maybe 400lbs

It's a low camera angle but the wave is great in my opinion. But I would love it to be bigger and faster.

I'm 6'4 240

What speed are you running?

Stevo, is that wave behind a 2014 or 2013? That will make a difference in how much water will go into the 900lb bag. The 2013 has smaller rear lockers.

Superjet, I did not add supports to the divider. Haven't had problems with it.

Thanks. Is yours pnp or did you do a piggyback?

What is the consensus on the prop for the 350 weighted down for surfing at 1100 ft? I'm guessing the 2419. I don't care about top end....I'm at the lake and a few extra minutes to get somewhere is fine with me.

• 2 years later...

Sorry to revive an old thread but can someone tell me how full an 1100 fat sac can get in a 2013 LSV? Right now I have 750's and wondering if upgrading to 1100's will be worth it. I do have a 650 bow sac if I need it.