Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Aqua Lily Pad

mrnate450r

Anyone have one of these? I am thinking about getting one this off season, and I am starting my research. Any other brands I should look at? Pros and cons?

I am doing the same.

I was just looking at a product very similar on Overton's earlier for the kids. Never heard of the Aqua Lilly but looks nice and is actually little cheaper and this one has storage straps. I've wondered how well they work and holdup as well as ease to stay on with boat wakes?

I looked at them but can't justify 500 bucks plus 95 dollars shipping for a 4 x 8 piece of foam

That is absolute insanity.

Edited by DocPhil

We just returned from LOTO over the 4th and it seems like everyone had one in the coves. My wife almost had me convinced but the price is pretty crazy. Looks like it would stow on the swim platform pretty easy.

There has to be somewhere that you can just buy a piece of foam. I bet the materials for this thing cost 50 bucks at most. And anything that rolls up will store on the swim platform.

Edited by DocPhil

We are starting our second season with the the SeaDoo Dream Island and our family loves it. We got it on sale from Overtons for $329. We worth it for adults to lounge and let kids jump off off.

I have been on the aqua lilly and its basically two different types of foam glued together. Something like this couldnt be to hard to DIY if we find the right materials right?

• Like 2

I looked at them but can't justify 500 bucks plus 95 dollars shipping for a 4 x 8 piece of foam

That is absolute insanity.

I get that. Technically it's 6'x18', but who's counting? They are pricey, but I think kids would love it!! Kids throwing a fit will ruin a day on the water, I think of this as cheap insurance to keep them happy without having to break out a tube!

I get that. Technically it's 6'x18', but who's counting? They are pricey, but I think kids would love it!! Kids throwing a fit will ruin a day on the water, I think of this as cheap insurance to keep them happy without having to break out a tube!

I'm going to look at home depot or Lowe's

I guarantee I can find something there that will appease the children :)

I'm going to look at home depot or Lowe's

I guarantee I can find something there that will appease the children :)

A power drill and hammer won't be allowed on my boat, unless I'm fixing something!

I spoke with a guy that looked into bulk buying the foam. It's actually more expensive than he thought, especially with shipping. With 2 layers glued together it was gonna be several hunderd dollars. He didn't think it was as good a deal to make his own after all.

My friends have the Aqua Lily Pad and its awesome. The kids and adults probably spend the most time on this toy than any other!

We have one, as everyone has said, kids love it. Great for the times when the lake is busy and you just want to tie up and have a good time in the cove atmosphere. They are expensive though.

I have a Costco version. They are fantastic. Great for kids aged 5 to 20.

Is the Costco version a Kirkland/generic mat, or is it just a different brand like Water Mat, Floating Mat, etc? I haven't been lucky enough to see them in our local Costco.

My wife and I were just talking about buying an Aqua Lily for a trip in August but are open to alternatives.

was on one over the weekend and it was great... easily floats 6-8 adults no problem. When I was at the chicago Boat show, they were saying if you bought it on the spot, they were knocking 100 plus bucks off of it and would free ship it to your house. Maybe worth waiting till boat show season...

Definitely a great idea in my mind if you spend lots of time in coves and or deep water floating.

Is the Costco version a Kirkland/generic mat, or is it just a different brand like Water Mat, Floating Mat, etc? I haven't been lucky enough to see them in our local Costco.

My wife and I were just talking about buying an Aqua Lily for a trip in August but are open to alternatives.

I don't remember what brand, but I don't think it was Kirkland. I bought it last year. Seems identical to the Aqua Lily Pad.

we got one on fathers day, when did my gifts become for the kids, anyways...

Kids love it. Family and friends love it. Our neighbor bought one the next week after being on ours.

The yellow side seems to be tougher than the blue side. Not sure if it's in my head.

6' x 18' is pretty darn huge.

100% happy we got it, we've tried those floating islands, tried the neighbors floating trampoline, trying to wrangle multiple floats, this is the easiest. except when it comes to rolling the thing up. It's not weak foam and fights you ever inch of the way.

They are awesome but after messing with one we decided they are better suited for people that have a place on the water. Transporting that thing and finding room for it each time we trailer to the lake would be a pain, although everyone loves it once it us on the water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have young kids so very interested, but How do u get it from marina to cove? They look big - even rolled up.

it is almost the exact size of the swim platform. so you can secure it there. But you can't really have a lilypad on the boat and do water sports. That's why we keep it anchored by our dock. If you stay in a marina or trailer your boat, might not be as great for you.