Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

wicked wakesurf after market sur gate review

Utisnumber1

Well I took the plunge and bought an aftermarket surf gate from www.wickedwakesurf.com. This this thing is sick. Easy installation, zero damage to transom and the wave is Frickin awesome on my 2006 vlx. I fill all mls and put the wedge half way down and go. The wave is clean, long, and firm. I love it!! If your looking to get a gate buy the wickedwakesurf. Joe is awesome to deal with as well. I'll see if I can get some pics up. Let me know if you guys have ?'s

Group buy link:

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/topic/50370-wicked-wake-surf-gb-please-read-first-post/

Edited by Utisnumber1
  • Like 1

Ok fair enough. I'll get the vids in the am and post them up in the eve. You can tell an immediate difference in the wave with it on. I used to list the boat with a 750 a 400 and my chunkier friends on the port side. No mas!!!

Edited by Utisnumber1

I had made something similar for my 2010, it worked pretty well, but turning was a nightmare, especially for anyone who was already questionable behind the wheel. that wasn't the final outcome, but similar.

Edited by wakebrdr94

The email link on their website bounces back to you. I hope they fix it soon. Of course this will take away my excuse for needing a new boat.

Man you got me all excited. . . . . keep scrolling . . . . . . . . (thinking. . . .must be pics coming soon. .. . . ) reached the bottom of the thread, disappointed.

I am surfing an a20 this morning with one strapped on I will take some pics but with even weight it makes a longer pocket and the wave is kind of mellow. But the a20 wave listed is kind of mellow as well. We did not run the wedge last weekend may try that but the wave had push way further back compared to the listed wave. Driving is kind of a pain with the gate on there since it is deployed at all times but it is comparable to driving a listed boat.

Changing sides is a 2 man job and took about 3 minutes but he has it ratchet strapped and has not drilled into the boat. I think with 2 holes per side and quick connects you could make this a less than a minute job. I am still considering making a gate for my VLX, but I will more than likely make my own.

Edited by jb 156

Am i missing something? It looks like the gate is on the port side of the platform and you are surfing the starboard side :dontknow:. Is there one on each side?

That's how surfgate works. It opens on opposite side that you surf on.