Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New user intro and New to me 247 Bu ::picture heavy::

rjones

Hey all I just wanted to finally introduce myself. I've been a lurker for a while when I was searching for a boat and finally found one. I have always been around boats from party barges, runabouts, to my dad's 25' Eliminator Daytona Cat. (120mph boat) :surprised: but this is my first V-drive so I have a few questions of course. My name is Reece, from Arkansas, and mainly boat on lake ouachita. I just picked up a new to me 2011 247 with 230 hours on it. It has the 6.0liter engine in it. Not sure if its the L96 or LY6?? All i know is the headers make it a pain in the arse to change the plugs and get to impeller. It was cared for really well from what I can tell. With the winter being so crazy I have tried to familiarze myself with the winterizing process on the v-drives in case i need to winterize again for another artic blast (hopefully not). So far I have concluded that I need to:

Drain block and manifolds....on draining the block where are the knock sensors/drain plugs to drain it? Can't seem to locate them.

Oil Cooler and lines to v-drive

Drain the heater core......it has a heater but I cant get it to blow hot air so hopefully the core isnt bad and its an easy fix.

Drain Ballast

I have already pulled the impeller and replaced it (what a painnnn with the silent ride muffler)

Of course this list is just for a quick winterize and not a full service/winterization at the end of season. I'm sure i have forgotten something so all thoughts welcome. I cant wait to get this bad boy on the water and enjoy it this summer and thanks in advance for any and all comments! Enough talking now to the good part....the pictures.

F71ACFB1-7F51-48FF-B8CE-5A3500BDC7A6_zps

1898504B-6A56-4D99-A06B-22D8534FDA4B_zps

3EB1D967-CA8A-4529-8A7B-782633F6B21F_zps

71FB1F78-69A6-431E-B3B2-2E7EA154A06D_zps

374C37FF-55F1-403A-8C60-04D32246608F_zps

was going to change the plugs and wires but going to wait till next season after pulling one and looking at it. I think it looked good what about you all? Boat ran great when we took it out for its test drive.

09E054BD-ECC4-43D2-A411-9F664B4B6C27_zps

• Like 1

Drain block and manifolds....on draining the block where are the knock sensors/drain plugs to drain it? Can't seem to locate them.

Oil Cooler and lines to v-drive. They are on the side pretty much right in the middle of the motor. You'll probably need a flashlight to help locate them.

Drain the heater core......it has a heater but I cant get it to blow hot air so hopefully the core isnt bad and its an easy fix. Does the fan blow? If it does disconnect the water lines that are back by the motor and blow on one side. You should get water out the other side. If not remove the heater box and see if you can blow on one of the tubes to get it to clear out. Sometimes they get plugged. You can replace just the heater core if it's broken.

Drain Ballast

I have already pulled the impeller and replaced it (what a painnnn with the silent ride muffler)

Plugs look fine to me.

Sweet boat congrats.

Thanks for all the positive comments! The windows are 5%....not bad to see on a bright day but on an overcast day/night time it's kind if a pain. I love the look it gives the boat though!

Oil Cooler and lines to v-drive. They are on the side pretty much right in the middle of the motor. You'll probably need a flashlight to help locate them.

Drain the heater core......it has a heater but I cant get it to blow hot air so hopefully the core isnt bad and its an easy fix. Does the fan blow? If it does disconnect the water lines that are back by the motor and blow on one side. You should get water out the other side. If not remove the heater box and see if you can blow on one of the tubes to get it to clear out. Sometimes they get plugged. You can replace just the heater core if it's broken.

Drain Ballast

Plugs look fine to me.

Sweet boat congrats.

Used a flashlight and couldnt get to or see any knock sensors? I drained the hoses that are on the sides with the brass plug on them. I'm guessing those are for the mainfolds? I will try to mess with the heater later this weekend. it does blow air so the blower is fine and where exactly is the core (radiator) and heater box? Didnt see it back towards the engine anywhere.

Lake Ouachita is big. What part of the lake are you on?

Ya its huge and im from the Mt. harbor area but I cruise all over the lake. Mainly hang out towads iron forks to board.

welcome, and I hate you.

Haha thanks and I will take that as a compliment?!? :tease1:

Thanks for all the comments folks! Sounds like everyone agrees the tint is a good look....can be a pain but the looks outweigh the negatives!

Maybe it's the slope of your driveway. but your truck looks a little heavy on the tongue? :thumbup:

Haha actually with my 1500 sierra Denali it's not to bad a load. Def squats a lil but that last picture is at our lake house driveway; where it is indeed slopped quite a bit.

Ok so I have been doing preventative maintenance to the boat and have ran into something I hope is a minor issue. I have found that the front left motor mount at the hull has alot of cracks where the mount clamps to the hull. Do you all think this is something to worry about? It looks like there is a plaster putty of some sort where the clamp meets the hull instead of the black hull.....does this look like a repair?? I am kind of OCD when it comes to taking care of my things so this is something I will be thinking about alot now. Hopefully a few of you have experienced this and will tell me its nothing to worry about so I can just enjoy the boat this summer and not :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: lol. Pictures are below.....

C46BDEB8-95E0-42D2-B63E-E1373CC53EDC_zps

C46BDEB8-95E0-42D2-B63E-E1373CC53EDC_zps

14B0CA0B-8CCE-49C8-99B3-12B5870CC1E0_zps

Looks like spidercracking in fiberglass to me. I don't see anything that looks like it's been repaired so maybe I'm missing something? Spider cracks aren't anything to get too crazy about. You can see how thick the fiberglass is on the stringer in the cutout hole. It's not something that would make me feel great, but it's also not something I would worry about either.

Unless I'm missing something. I'm keying off of the area right to the left of the bolt on pic 1.

Edit: Are you still having trouble finding the drain plugs (knock sensors)? If you are I can make a quick video to help you locate them if you'd like.

Edited by wakeboarder3780

Thanks for your input. Makes me feel a little more at ease. As for the repair i was talking about the first pic top left where there is some sort of white material that feels like a hard bondo material or something. It looks fine and flush with the hull but that is the only mounting point where it has this white material. I dont know if this was a repair.....just speculating. All of the other mounts are to the black fiberglass hull. The cracks are def spider cracks like you get under the boat around the rubber support but these are raised and you can actually feel the cracks.