Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

1870 lbs Ballast on its way! - 2012 MXZ 22

Shodan01

Just ordered an extra 1500 lbs for the rear piggy back system and the 370 lb sac for the seat compartment on passenger side. Will let everyone know impressions after play.

I hate how easy it is to spend money on this! :-)

I hear yuh, plus you'll be doing it again about mid year when you regret not getting the 1100's!! :biggrin:

Crap :cry: I was debating back and fourth about going with 1100's or 750's........

LOL - I will call ASAP......my only concern was the 1100's bulging out of the seat compartments? Does it fit clean in the compartment?

LOL - I will call ASAP......my only concern was the 1100's bulging out of the seat compartments? Does it fit clean in the compartment?

Not exactly sure but your pumps should come equipped with an off switch :biggrin: the deal with 750 vs 1100 is that in reality the 750 is actually closer to 700 when stuffed full and although the 1100 can't completely fill it still gets close to 1000 so you're talking about an extra 2-300 lbs per side. And the 1100s are what, ~$30 more? Jm2c from what I've gathered here, hopefully a 22mxz owner will chime in if I'm way off.

• 2 years later...
On 3/11/2014 at 0:01 PM, ryangb said:

I agree with everyone. 1100s are the way to go. You'll need to reinforce the engine dividers. It's an hour job tops. No big deal.

How do you reinforce panels on 22 mxz. There are 4 separate panels 

My 2012 mxz barely fits the 600 lbs sacs and the rear coolers pop out. I don't understand how an 1100 would fit 

Edited by SnubNose
On 7/15/2016 at 6:10 PM, SnubNose said:

How do you reinforce panels on 22 mxz. There are 4 separate panels 

This stuff and 3 stainless bolts for each one.  Two for each large divider panel, 4 total.  Cut to size so they don't interfere with the U channel or the steel beam at the top.  Mine don't bow at all.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FN1U2Y/ref=biss_dp_t_asn

• 3 weeks later...

I wanted something a little heavier duty than the wakemakers reinforcement kit so I used 1" aluminum angle and made a frame with 3 vertical supports. It's secured to the floor with ss screws and thru bolted above. The 1100lb. bags can bulg until they pop, but the engine divider wall isn't going anywhere :)

I made sure to run the verticals in such a way that they shouldn't interfere too much with any maintenance/repairs on the engine. If so, they can be removed somewhat easily.

Edited by jetskipro550