Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

MasterCraft's Gen 2 Surf System in action

tylerk83

$143,000 would have to be every single option including the LSA and a blinged out trailer. I ordered mine nicely equipped with the LS3 and my MSRP was substantially lower. I wonder if base prices and options are different regionally?

That is exactly what it was. Lots of flake, LSA, almost every single option, and a fairly blinged out trailer.

I think a few things have plagued MC over the last 5yrs:

1. They've been riding the laurels of the brand buzz and loyalty they built up 2000-2010, where they truly were a top performer and arguably some of the best wakeboats... This is where your $10-20k premium comes from.

2. No surf system. Too much reliance on the flagship Xstar and what it could do, all the other models were just on par performance wise with the other top 5. No innovation.

3. Power tower mishaps and Xstar late to production issues. Damaged the MC name.

4. Clown show stupid looking boats they let out of the factory and how that damages the MC name. Ridiculous color schemes solely to be obnoxious. Some owners don't want to be associated with that, it's embarrassing.

5. Hedging all bets on the 25 yr old Rockstar sponsored flat bill customer. All marketing was geared towards this kid, and turned off a lot of folks looking for grown up boats and a company that itself acts grown up. Zero conservatism.

6. Obnoxious arrogant dealers whose attitude is if you can scratch up $95k for this X25, you might be lucky enough to own a MC. Take it or leave it.

7. Senior MC leadership completely in left field too insulated by "yes men" missing market trends wholesale.

Now, to their credit:

Their boat build quality is and always has been top tier and I mean that. Yes, a few issues with towers... Mostly exaggerated and overplayed... Rattly wind block doors, and a few others, but these are rock solid boats supported by a top tier nationwide network.

I think a few things have plagued MC over the last 5yrs:

1. They've been riding the laurels of the brand buzz and loyalty they built up 2000-2010, where they truly were a top performer and arguably some of the best wakeboats... This is where your $10-20k premium comes from.

2. No surf system. Too much reliance on the flagship Xstar and what it could do, all the other models were just on par performance wise with the other top 5. No innovation.

3. Power tower mishaps and Xstar late to production issues. Damaged the MC name.

4. Clown show stupid looking boats they let out of the factory and how that damages the MC name. Ridiculous color schemes solely to be obnoxious. Some owners don't want to be associated with that, it's embarrassing.

5. Hedging all bets on the 25 yr old Rockstar sponsored flat bill customer. All marketing was geared towards this kid, and turned off a lot of folks looking for grown up boats and a company that itself acts grown up. Zero conservatism.

6. Obnoxious arrogant dealers whose attitude is if you can scratch up $95k for this X25, you might be lucky enough to own a MC. Take it or leave it.

7. Senior MC leadership completely in left field too insulated by "yes men" missing market trends wholesale.

Now, to their credit:

Their boat build quality is and always has been top tier and I mean that. Yes, a few issues with towers... Mostly exaggerated and overplayed... Rattly wind block doors, and a few others, but these are rock solid boats supported by a top tier nationwide network.

The dealer here fits that profile perfectly. I've never felt so unwelcome in any dealership in my life. MC was immediately taken off my list after talking to those guys. Build quality be damned, if you can't make a potential customer feel welcome you don't deserve the business

The dealer here fits that profile perfectly. I've never felt so unwelcome in any dealership in my life. MC was immediately taken off my list after talking to those guys. Build quality be damned, if you can't make a potential customer feel welcome you don't deserve the business

:plus1:

My MC dealer happens to be the Malibu dealer as well. They also carry Moomba and Axis. Over the last two years I have seen a shift in his orders cater more towards the Malibu over the MC.

I'm pretty lucky in that regard. My dealers for MC, CC, and Bu, are all fantastic. I can't say the same for the local Moomba and Supra dealers. They are both pretty bad from a sales and service standpoint. This year, the Moomba dealer seemed a little better. It is a family business, and is improving as the younger generation is starting to have more control. As for the Supra dealer.... The last time I was in the showroom, the owner said "I don't understand why anybody, in their right mind, would spend the money on a MasterCraft or Malibu. That is just stupid. They are price gouging for a boat that isn't even as good as a Supra"...... Exact quote. I spun around, laughed to myself, and headed for the door. However, that doesn't matter. I am only interested in MC, CC, and Malibu boats. I just feel bad for my friends with Moomba's and Supra's that have horror story after horror story, especially with service.