Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tylerk83

MasterCraft's Gen 2 Surf System in action

56 posts in this topic

Welcome to the surf system party...it only took you a couple years to get it right after most of the competition already figured it out.

Mastercraft makes me laugh. They are the first to announce and the last to get it right. How long did we hear about the "new" X star and what about that "power tower", that took a couple tries as well. Now they are 2 years late to the party on a surf system that works and even worse is the master-tards in the video talking about how cool it is!!

Thanks for the entertainment!!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/redlinewatersports

Videos of the new surf system in action

And don't be a troll without any creativity. Tylerk....could you be Tyler Kneubuehl who happens to work at RedLine WaterSports which is a mastercraft dealer.

Edited by Murphy8166

I'm not hating, but thats pretty much garbage.

3800rpms for a 10.6mph washed out shin high wave?

3800rpms means they had a lot of weight and a lot of trim going on. 10.6 is slow, to create the illusion of a bigger wave, yet would lack push for folks over 180lbs.

Anyone think it would be fun to surf behind that on that small wave with the pipes screaming in your face at 3800rpms? Not me.

Classic example of where the senior leaderhip of a company are so elite and insulated they arent getting honest raw feedback and continue to produce this crap.

Who after R&D of this went to the MC CEO and said "Sir, Gen 2 MC Surf system sucks. we need more time to further develop or we need to go another route."

Hahaha Redline? thats where i saw the videos on FB. I would have commented but I didnt have anything nice to say.... funny thing is in the video they are all stoked out like its awesome.

Moomba has some flow system like surfgate too now. Would probably buy a moomba before I would a MC

Where did the video go?

1 person likes this

What do you expect from a Mastercraft Troll/Salesman! He get's on our site as a troll / get's called out / tucks tail like a 6 week old puppy and runs away.

Edited by Murphy8166
3 people like this

https://www.facebook.com/redlinewatersports

They took them down!

Smart move... the videos were not flattering and I suspect the guys on the boat all stoked about it werent very experienced with surfing.

They need to spend some time and figure out the weighting for the best wave. I'd bet it wont be event weighting like they advertize, it'll be 70/30 or 60/40 cheat.... but then you loose your gimick by switching sides on the fly.

1 person likes this

Looks about as game changing as the tige assser and ford engine anncouncement.

Or the swim step

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

In all seriousness it could be cool.

However, I doubt it will be superior to surf gate or NSS

It actually looks very similar to swell just in a different location

I think it creates a ton of drag and creates inefficiency which is why they were spinning 3800rpms. I saw a pic somewhere that when deployed, those tabs go waaaaay down.

On another note... Moomba did release their surf system and that does look promising. Kinda like and adjustable and angle-able Surfgate.

I think it creates a ton of drag and creates inefficiency which is why they were spinning 3800rpms. I saw a pic somewhere that when deployed, those tabs go waaaaay down.

On another note... Moomba did release their surf system and that does look promising. Kinda like and adjustable and angle-able Surfgate.

Is the Moomba system different from Swell? Any pics of it?

It's on the Moomba site.... They have a good video and pics there....

Looks cool but if it was that sweet why not put it on the supra and make it power?

Looks cool but if it was that sweet why not put it on the supra and make it power?

Not sure. Supra really isn't a consideration for me as they are much smaller.... Nationwide dealer network quality and support is one of my primary considerations as I move often, can't risk having to move and then be 8hrs from the closest Supra dealer.

They make great boats... Same as Tige and centurion, but I need a more established dealer network.

Also, on the subject, the new Centurion FX44 surf system looks as impressive and NSS and Surfgate.

Disappointing to say the least. Both the x25 and x46 looked like small waves that washed out at the top.

I don't really surf and both those vids. of MC surf waves look like crap.

Let alone the motor screaming in this vid ^^^^

1 person likes this

That motor sounds like a generator! That would get annoying fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 person likes this

The angle of the whole wave looks odd to me. It's like the boat is dog tracking or something...

Edited by FastFreddy
1 person likes this