Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2015 VLX redesign?

Fman

I have heard some rumors about a new VLX coming next year (2015) anyone have any more information on this?

My predictions on changes...

102" beam

2-4" longer in length

More freeboard/draft

Rear facing seating options

New lsv dash (bummer)

400 lbs heavier

Adjustable height drivers seat

Anything else anyone can think of?

Edited by Fman

I have heard some rumors about a new VLX coming next year (2015) anyone have any more information on this?

My predictions on changes...

102" beam

2-4" longer in length

More freeboard/draft

Rear facing seating options

New lsv dash (bummer)

400 lbs heavier

Adjustable height drivers seat

Anything else anyone can think of?

Wider beam would affect legal towing options in Australia. Does the US have restrictions on towing sizes?

Increased length not really necessary as there are plenty of models with varying length.

Freeboard? Why more?

Wider beam would affect legal towing options in Australia. Does the US have restrictions on towing sizes?

Increased length not really necessary as there are plenty of models with varying length.

Freeboard? Why more?

No restrictions in towing sizes that I am aware of in US. More freeboard to allow more storage, deeper seating, more ballast.

Also would anticipate a gel coat scheme change of some type.

And yes Shawndoggy, definitely a $90k price tag.

I could see 2" more in length, still keeping it different from lsv but allowing a little more interior space/seating.

Edited by Fman

No restrictions in towing sizes that I am aware of in US. More freeboard to allow more storage, deeper seating, more ballast.

Also would anticipate a gel coat scheme change of some type.

And yes Shawndoggy, definitely a $90k price tag.

I could see 2" more in length, still keeping it different from lsv but allowing a little more interior space/seating.

102" wide max towed width in most states before over wide permits are required. Varies by state but most are 102".

After sitting in a new Supra SC last week which is a 102" beam, 21'8" boat, Malibu better keep up with the pack.. .. That boat is sick and has a lot of interior space for a 21' er...

Would love to see a much more simpler tower to fold down like on the SC... Two levers and drop it, so easy.

• Like 2

After sitting in a new Supra SC last week which is a 102" beam, 21'8" boat, Malibu better keep up with the pack.. .. That boat is sick and has a lot of interior space for a 21' er...

Would love to see a much more simpler tower to fold down like on the SC... Two levers and drop it, so easy.

Have you sat in or looked around a Malibu LSV, much much deeper interior space. I would not be surprised if they go that direction with the VLX this next year.

My thoughts exactly. And why, you say? Stillman's influence from Supra west. I been saying it for a while guys. Keep a look out for Supra, things are only gonna get better.

• Like 1

My thoughts exactly. And why, you say? Stillman's influence from Supra west. I been saying it for a while guys. Keep a look out for Supra, things are only gonna get better.

Yup, the boat breaths quality in every aspect. I thinks it's definitely a LS3 contender at 4300 lbs and 2200 lbs of factory ballast. It's at $100k optioned with the LS3, definitely a hefty price tag.

maybe, but its interesting their market share is declining from 2012 and is down 25% since 2008:

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1590976/000119312513473426/d621288ds1.htm

see page 2

Odds are they do much the same as they did to the LSV, adding a couple inches makes sense, and so does increasing the beam. I'm expecting it to be more like the T22 size wise. Speaking of that, man that T22 is a nice boat for the price.

maybe, but its interesting their market share is declining from 2012 and is down 25% since 2008:

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1590976/000119312513473426/d621288ds1.htm

see page 2

If I read the chart correctly every other boat maker is loosing market share other than Malibu? Hmm....

Skiers choice released the SA last year, now the SC. I am looking forward to my demo coming up, if the boat performs on the water as good as it looks inside they have a definite contender, especially with a surf system.

If I read the chart correctly every other boat maker is loosing market share other than Malibu? Hmm....

Skiers choice released the SA last year, now the SC. I am looking forward to my demo coming up, if the boat performs on the water as good as it looks inside they have a definite contender, especially with a surf system.

The problem I have seen with the new Supra boats has been price. At the boat show last year the SA450 was $10k more than a LS3 equiped MXZ, both with metallic flake and similar options. Their new models are nice but I sure didn't see any reason to pay that kind of premium. Hopefully your local dealer is more price competitive.

Edited by Brett B

The problem I have seen with the new Supra boats has been price. At the boat show last year the SA450 was $10k more than a LS3 equiped MXZ, both with metallic flake and similar options. Their new models are nice but I sure didn't see any reason to pay that kind of premium. Hopefully your local dealer is more price competitive.

At our boat show they were even worse. They wanted the same money for an SA450 as a super loaded 24MXZ with the LSA