Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2014 LSV with LS3 sacked out review

CJAY

Very nice! Imagine if you had some bow weight!

We had some, but not near enough. We were running about 500lbs, with the 750s it needs to have about 1000lbs up front

Wish i had more good wakeboard wake pics, but the lake was so small we were constantly turning

Edited by CJAY

Is it safe to say that this boat with the engine combination and Surfgate is the BEST Wakeboard boat on the market?

I'd say it competes better than any other in the malibu lineup.

I'd say the G is the best on the market. LSV does a great job for a smaller price tag

I know what you mean. The G is on a class of is own. It's like a big ocean boat. That why they sell them down in Miami. It does not even sell well. Performance is equal at best to the LSV.

Really. How can you come to that conclusion?

It has everything you could hope for...performance, nice lines, gel coat scheme, reliability, price tag etc....

Are you mad because I used the word "best"?

Edited by Afun

I aint mad at cha! :)

But, saying the BEST would be an opinion. Probably an opinion many of the Malibu homers, myself included, might agree with.

How do you define best? "If best is what you can feel, smell, taste and see, then 'best' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain."

It has everything you could hope for...performance, nice lines, gel coat scheme, reliability, price tag, throttle feel, marine vinyl, dealer network, it sells, space etc....

^^^^^^ That sounds like the best. Could you say the same thing above about any other boat?

Edited by Afun

It has everything you could hope for...performance, nice lines, gel coat scheme, reliability, price tag, throttle feel, marine vinyl, dealer network, it sells, space etc....

^^^^^^ That sounds like the best. Could you say the same thing above about any other boat?

I love the new LSV. I've sat in one. I've tried to convience myself I need one. But how can you say it's the best with only a few opinions of others? The best boat for you might not be the boat boat for me.

I love the new LSV. I've sat in one. I've tried to convience myself I need one. But how can you say it's the best with only a few opinions of others? The best boat for you might not be the boat boat for me.

Ok. Name a brand & model and try listing all it's positives. You will see the LSV wins...It's AFUN's Motor Trend Boat of the Millenium. Too bad it's too big for me.

Ok. Name a brand & model and try listing all it's positives. You will see the LSV wins...It's AFUN's Motor Trend Boat of the Millenium. Too bad it's too big for me.

No thanks.

How about GMC is the best tow vehicle.

Grab a bucket of popcorn, and go open that can of worms over on WW :biggrin:

Nice writeup OP. Have you tested it with the other prop yet??

doesn't "too big" automatically take it out of contention for "best?"

doesn't "too big" automatically take it out of contention for "best?"

You wise grasshopper

The entire crew is giving a hard time towing my VLX with my FJ....I could give the LSV a try

Edited by Afun

Grab a bucket of popcorn, and go open that can of worms over on WW :biggrin:

Nice writeup OP. Have you tested it with the other prop yet??

Chattwake has ridden on a 2014 23LSV with the LS3 and the ACME 1235 prop, you could talk to him about his experiences with that. I am sure the LS3 and 1235 could handle almost any situation that we can throw at it. I ordered mine with the 2315 but plan on buying a 1235 to compare it to. I will post pics and reviews of the LSV with the LS3 and 2315 vs 1235 next spring when I get it.

Sounds like you had a good time CJAY, look forward to seeing the pictures. I've used polarized Costa's with no issues since my first Malibu in '09. I stay on the Cruise screen 99% of the time and don't think I'll miss the gauges, but guess I have to try it and see. Maybe Malibu will do an update to reconfigure the cruise screen like adding engine hours this year. Here's screen shot from the Cruise screen shows it's missing RPM, Depth, Air/Water temp, and engine hours have been added.

Capture2_zpsf6b23922.jpg

i have not liked this new helm since i saw the vtx at the factory. that just looks way too cluttered and the numbers are too small to see at quick glance. i have to say that this is really one of the areas that mc has malibu beat. the dash on the mc has the analog guages that are easy to read and the digital portion is easy to read at a quick glance as well. malibu always had one of the classiest helms, but this new setup is a step backwards in my opinion.

• Like 2

i have not liked this new helm since i saw the vtx at the factory. that just looks way too cluttered and the numbers are too small to see at quick glance. i have to say that this is really one of the areas that mc has malibu beat. the dash on the mc has the analog guages that are easy to read and the digital portion is easy to read at a quick glance as well. malibu always had one of the classiest helms, but this new setup is a step backwards in my opinion.

I agree with Bama, why did Malibu go with this helm dash layout? Maybe you can order it with the vlx dash! The new lsv is really nice, it is basically a vlx on steroids. Not sure what the Malibu design team was thinking when they elected to go with the vtx dash layout. Maybe 2015 will have a more user friendly dash, and lets loose the 1998 paddlewheel speed control and make GPS cruise standard!